Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WHOLE FOODS BANS GUNS NATIONALLY

Post imported post

After a confrontation in Whole Foods in Phoenix, I had the opportunity to speak to Libba Letton one of their press executives, after writing her, several other executives with a letter addressed to my friends at the Libertarian Party.

Ms.Letton was extremely polite, understood our position, but said it was now a national policy that firearms are not allowed under any condition in any of their stores, by anyone, except a police officer responding. I pointed out that in many jurisdictions this prohibits CCW permit holders, x-law enforcement and even off-duty law enforcement from entering.

Their explanation was that they didn't want "shoot outs" in their stores, and they felt that by carrying a firearm into their store, that there was a risk of a shootout.

I thought I would share.

Pace Lattin

Post imported post

So then they'd prefer that some criminal and/or psycho have free reign to pick off staff and customers at will, with 100% chance of going uncontested, for as long as it could take the police to arrive and to respond?

Right then - Scratch that place off my list. Trader Joes or Sunflower is better priced anyway without all the pomp and such.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

In my part of Virginia, you're safer buying your groceries from;

Shoppers Food Warehouse
    Costco
    Wegman's
    Giant
    Safeway
    Target
    WalMart
    Harris Teeter
    Buckland's

I see no reason to patronize other grocers as long as you have a choice. Let the others loose the business.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

Walmart has a no-gun policy.
    Target does not allow guns, some places have armed guards that will forcefully take you out.

Post imported post

Their explanation was that they didn't want "shoot outs" in their stores, and they felt that by carrying a firearm into their store, that there was a risk of a shootout
    That female dingbat has been watching too much Television.

In Arizona you can food shop and OC/CC at:

Sunflower. (Organic Foods)
    Safeway.
    Fry's Supermarket.
    Walmart Super Store.
    Walmart Food Market.
    Trader Joe.
    Bashas.

Phuck Whole Foods, and you can tell them I said so!

Post imported post

Pace wrote:
    Target does not allow guns, some places have armed guards that will forcefully take you out.
    Excuse me but where in Arizona do you live?

In TUCSON, I have seen people, my self included, OC in Walmart and I have OC in Target store.

Post imported post

Damn slow Internet and hasty double tap......

Post imported post

Pace wrote:

Not in Florida. No signs, no guards, no problem.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Japle wrote:
    Pace wrote:

Not in Florida. No signs, no guards, no problem.
    I was told by Manager Wal-mart they follow state law. Somewhere here though someone has stated that they recieved letter saying it is up to manager discretion.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

I've OCed in walmart a lot and noone has said a word
    A gun Owner Is A Citizen
    Anyone Else is a Subject

Post imported post

Post imported post

Pace wrote:
    NEITHER is true in my part of NE Ohio. I have carried concealed to both places, to Target in the last couple of weeks. Neither is posted. In Ohio, if it's not posted or a statutory CPZ, it's permitted to carry.
    --- Gun control: The theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists.

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

I don't agree with spreading the idea that a national corporation has such a policy just because somebody at the head shed tells you they do - better to just keep carrying as apparently people do oin many or most stores around the coutnry.

Also, Pace, please - no more caps - see posting guidelines for ghow to caption threads.

Post imported post

Sorry, was on a blackberry! I hate caps too!

Weird about Target, I'll ask them. Anyone want to call them up?
    Re: Wallmart, here are a bunch of links:

http://deadbangguns.com/Articles/WalMart.html
    http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/i.../t-300305.html

There are a few dozen on these boards that say they don't allow.

Heck, what is the policy?

Post imported post

NO.

Stop asking people. Never ask permission.
    illegal ≠ immoral legal ≠ moral
    [SIZE=1]"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. "Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson
    G19 Gen 4; Bersa Thunder 380; Sig Sauer P238; Kel-Tec su-16c

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Pace wrote: I hope that y'all will support Neal Seaman and his faithful sidekick Skypod beyond just citing them.

Neal Seaman is one of my three Doctors, a la the 'Three Amigos.' He is my Doctor of Citizenship, that goes along with my EED and DC, JD friends from Grass Roots South Carolina.

Post imported post

Our movement here in Mich. has caused quite an awakening about OC/CC, over the last year. I have had multiple issues at a local walmart, ok to oc one time, next time was asked not to oc. This happened 6 times over the last year. In an attempt to get a clarification according to company policy of following state law; I contacted the area manager in June of this year. The following is not a direct quote he gave me but the best I can remember.
    "With all the recent issues involving guns in our stores, we have been advised by our legal department to give each store manager the right to allow or not to allow guns in their stores. We do this to be courteous to our customers in those areas that are more receptive to the presence of a gun in the general public.

So bottom line is...walmarts latest corporate policy is to leave it up to each store manager. So if you can oc in a walmart/sams club...carry on...if not cc.

Post imported post

I OC and CC in WalMarts in North Carolina all the time, and hav never had so much as a second glance from staff.

It is my understanding that WalMart's official corporate policy is to follow the laws of the state for each store's location.

I have never seen a "no firearms" sign posted in a WalMart that was in an OC-friendly state.

The WalMats in Maryland and DC are a different story, though...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Post imported post

Here in Mich. signs are not required. I discussed the issue with the store manager according to the new company policy; She said guns are ok in the store as long as it is concealed. I have chosen to comply with her policy as there are no other comparable places to shop in my area.

Post imported post

simmonsjoe wrote:
    NO.

Stop asking people. Never ask permission.
    Thankyou!! If it's not posted, carry.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
    Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

"Snip... Their explanation was that they didn't want "shoot outs" in their stores, and they felt that by carrying a firearm into their store, that there was a risk of a shootout. ...Snip"

[line]
    So, they prefer Executions and Mass Shootings to Shootouts? Just asking...

Banned

Post imported post

4armed Architect wrote:
    "Snip... Their explanation was that they didn't want "shoot outs" in their stores, and they felt that by carrying a firearm into their store, that there was a risk of a shootout. ...Snip"

[line]
    This segment of "liberals" are really just a death cult. They want as much innocent blood shed as possible. Law-abiding gun owners minimize if not eliminate that, hence we are not welcome on cult property.

Post imported post

4armed Architect wrote:
    That IS the choice, and I spare no effort to let people know it.
    --- Gun control: The theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists.

Post imported post

4armed Architect wrote:
    Feelings and emotion are not based on logic. The Whole Foods CEO should know this. Perhaps the Whole Foods CEO would be willing to post this sign on all of their stores?

Post imported post

I have to wonder though, does having a national "no self defense allowed" store policy open up a company to liability?

This reminds me of Dr. Suzanna Gratia Hupp's case where she was not permitted to conceal carry into a restaurant, and criminal came in and started executing people, including her mom and dad. Unfortunately for her parents, Dr. Suzanna complied with her states laws.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EdiTK4PRJM&NR=1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast