• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WHOLE FOODS BANS GUNS NATIONALLY

Pace

imported post

After a confrontation in Whole Foods in Phoenix, I had the opportunity to speak to Libba Letton one of their press executives, after writing her, several other executives with a letter addressed to my friends at the Libertarian Party.

Ms.Letton was extremely polite, understood our position, but said it was now a national policy that firearms are not allowed under any condition in any of their stores, by anyone, except a police officer responding. I pointed out that in many jurisdictions this prohibits CCW permit holders, x-law enforcement and even off-duty law enforcement from entering.

Their explanation was that they didn't want "shoot outs" in their stores, and they felt that by carrying a firearm into their store, that there was a risk of a shootout.

I thought I would share.

Pace Lattin

azlobo73

imported post

So then they'd prefer that some criminal and/or psycho have free reign to pick off staff and customers at will, with 100% chance of going uncontested, for as long as it could take the police to arrive and to respond?

Right then - Scratch that place off my list. Trader Joes or Sunflower is better priced anyway without all the pomp and such.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

In my part of Virginia, you're safer buying your groceries from;

Shoppers Food Warehouse
Costco
Wegman's
Giant
Safeway
Target
WalMart
Harris Teeter
Buckland's

I see no reason to patronize other grocers as long as you have a choice. Let the others loose the business.

Pace

imported post

Walmart has a no-gun policy.
Target does not allow guns, some places have armed guards that will forcefully take you out.

GWbiker

imported post

Their explanation was that they didn't want "shoot outs" in their stores, and they felt that by carrying a firearm into their store, that there was a risk of a shootout

That female dingbat has been watching too much Television.

In Arizona you can food shop and OC/CC at:

Sunflower. (Organic Foods)
Safeway.
Fry's Supermarket.
Walmart Super Store.
Walmart Food Market.
Trader Joe.
Bashas.

Phuck Whole Foods, and you can tell them I said so!:cuss:

GWbiker

imported post

Pace wrote:
Target does not allow guns, some places have armed guards that will forcefully take you out.

Excuse me but where in Arizona do you live?

In TUCSON, I have seen people, my self included, OC in Walmart and I have OC in Target store.

GWbiker

imported post

Damn slow Internet and hasty double tap......:banghead:

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Japle wrote:
Pace wrote:
Not in Florida. No signs, no guards, no problem.
I was told by Manager Wal-mart they follow state law. Somewhere here though someone has stated that they recieved letter saying it is up to manager discretion.

Deanimator

imported post

Pace wrote:
NEITHER is true in my part of NE Ohio. I have carried concealed to both places, to Target in the last couple of weeks. Neither is posted. In Ohio, if it's not posted or a statutory CPZ, it's permitted to carry.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

I don't agree with spreading the idea that a national corporation has such a policy just because somebody at the head shed tells you they do - better to just keep carrying as apparently people do oin many or most stores around the coutnry.

Also, Pace, please - no more caps - see posting guidelines for ghow to caption threads.

WARCHILD

imported post

Our movement here in Mich. has caused quite an awakening about OC/CC, over the last year. I have had multiple issues at a local walmart, ok to oc one time, next time was asked not to oc. This happened 6 times over the last year. In an attempt to get a clarification according to company policy of following state law; I contacted the area manager in June of this year. The following is not a direct quote he gave me but the best I can remember.
"With all the recent issues involving guns in our stores, we have been advised by our legal department to give each store manager the right to allow or not to allow guns in their stores. We do this to be courteous to our customers in those areas that are more receptive to the presence of a gun in the general public.

So bottom line is...walmarts latest corporate policy is to leave it up to each store manager. So if you can oc in a walmart/sams club...carry on...if not cc.

Dreamer

imported post

I OC and CC in WalMarts in North Carolina all the time, and hav never had so much as a second glance from staff.

It is my understanding that WalMart's official corporate policy is to follow the laws of the state for each store's location.

I have never seen a "no firearms" sign posted in a WalMart that was in an OC-friendly state.

The WalMats in Maryland and DC are a different story, though...

WARCHILD

imported post

Here in Mich. signs are not required. I discussed the issue with the store manager according to the new company policy; She said guns are ok in the store as long as it is concealed. I have chosen to comply with her policy as there are no other comparable places to shop in my area.