Thread: OC Salinas CA Part Deux!

Post imported post

Just went and OC'd in Salinas again. This time, went to McDonald's and sat down to enjoy a short meal and some conversation. I made sure to sit by a window where there was plenty of light. Got some looks, but no one seemed frightened or taken aback by any measure. Left there and went to Jiffy Lube; walked from there over to the Hunter's Supply. Left there, went to another side of town to do some shopping at two other stores. When I needed assistance, customer service was great, and they seemed happy to hold a conversation with me. At no time did a swarm of Police Officers form outside of any establishment I entered. All in all, a good second experience of OC, and WITHOUT INCIDENT. Having a good time excersising this right.
    "Most people respect the badge. Everybody... respects the gun."

Post imported post

Not trying to discourage posting about OC, but uh... maybe save thread #3 for your first LEO encounter? Uneventful OC days dont gather much attention am clutter the forum.

Glad it went without any bad encounters of any sort
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar

Post imported post

demnogis wrote:
    Not trying to discourage posting about OC, but uh... maybe save thread #3 for your first LEO encounter? Uneventful OC days dont gather much attention am clutter the forum.

What's up with that? Let him post as much as he wants. Quite frankly its nice to see someone around here who's actually EXCITED about UOC!
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

Post imported post

For the newbie LOC'ers, here are two links to interesting vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08fZQWjDVKE

You don't have to answer any questions cops ask you.

Just say....I'm carrying unloaded, I don't want to answer any questions without a lawyer present, I don't consent to any search. After the e-check, say,are you detaining me, am I free to go now.

Cops are notthere to help you Their job is arresting people.And they will use what you say against you, even the most innocent statement. Note the title of the two vids.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Post imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
    demnogis wrote:

What's up with that? Let him post as much as he wants. Quite frankly its nice to see someone around here who's actually EXCITED about UOC!
    I like reading about the good stuff too.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Post imported post

demnogis wrote:
    Agreed. If you review the OC anecdotesof individual members here, you will see that they reply on the same thread untileither the venue or the circumstances change.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar

Post imported post

Another vote for hearing about boring uneventful UOC outings. Maybe just post them all in the same Salinas thread though.

If we have several threads of uneventful outings all over California, then a visitor can quickly see that UOCing in California isn't a big deal. If all we have are police encounters, then a visitor may conclude that UOCing in California is nothing but trouble.

Post imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
    Another vote for hearing about boring uneventful UOC outings. Maybe just post them all in the same Salinas thread though.

If we have several threads of uneventful outings all over California, then a visitor can quickly see that UOCing in California isn't a big deal. If all we have are police encounters, then a visitor may conclude that UOCing in California is nothing but trouble.
    Precisely. Please refer to Ca_Libertarian's and my posts- It took a year of exposure before we were contacted by law enforcement. Reading down an series of " Went to the grocery store... Or "Had a sandwich..." with no remarkable circumstance besides being lawfully armed, illustrates that the reaction to OC is nothing like it is assumed to be. (Which was one of my goals in the beginning. I mean, just how long can you continue to carry in plain view without anything 'interesting' happening?)
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

State Researcher

Post imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
    Precisely. Please refer to Ca_Libertarian's and my posts- It took a year of exposure before we were contacted by law enforcement. Reading down an series of " Went to the grocery store... Or "Had a sandwich..." with no remarkable circumstance besides being lawfully armed, illustrates that the reaction to OC is nothing like it is assumed to be. (Which was one of my goals in the beginning. I mean, just how long can you continue to carry in plain view without anything 'interesting' happening?)
    Man, those threads are so buried I doubt anybody has read those in a long time.

+1 for the idea of using a one-stop thread for all the posts up until something extraordinary happens.

("Extraordinary" would include being asked to not carry in a place of business - I only had this happen once in over a year of carrying - or being contacted by LE - again, only once in over a year of carrying.)
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.

Post imported post

I UOC'd in Salinas about 6 months ago. I went to Marie Callender's and had lunch. Then I shopped around in Walmart for about 30 minutes. Prior to going in to Walmart I witnessed a Hit and Run accident in the parking lot. I took down license plate and reported to LEO. To responsible person saw me taking down their plate and was about to get out of their car in a threatening manner. Then they saw my sidearm and got back in and drove away. (Somehow that doesn't quite fit with LEO's suggestion of antagonizing people and become a victim.)

Not once did I have any complaints from either establishment.

Post imported post

SomeGuyinCali...good for you. I'm glad it went down that way, because otherwise, another OCer may have had to defend YOU. Good on you for doing what you knew was right.
    "Most people respect the badge. Everybody... respects the gun."

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar

Post imported post

Another UOCer / sheep dog doing their part to promote a safe and polite society. Kudos to you for being in the right place, at the right time, and acting in a responsible manner and not turning a blind eye to an issue that seemingly didn't affect you.

Funny how when society as a whole starts to turn a blind eye to those things that don't have anything to do with them...over time those things start to affect everybody and contributes to the degradation of society as a whole.
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin