Thread: Hamaneggs&TheKunk to see Mayor Fouts.

Post imported post

Me and TheKunk47 are going to speak with Mayor Fouts 11/30/09.I told them I have a complaint and a civil suit to discuss.I will be discussing the state of Warren and the WPD and their lack of concern for the safety of myself and the citizens of the community,of which the LEO's do not consider me as part of the community, because I am a danger to the community when I OC to defend myself,in their words.We will have a good talk I do believe!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Post imported post

hamaneggs wrote:
    Me and TheKunk47 are going to speak with Mayor Fouts 11/30/09.I told them I have a complaint and a civil suit to discuss.I will be discussing the state of Warren and the WPD and their lack of concern for the safety of myself and the citizens of the community,of which the LEO's do not consider me as part of the community, because I am a danger to the community when I OC to defend myself,in their words.We will have a good talk I do believe!
    Try an get it on video or at the very least audio tape. I'd love to see it!

Post imported post

if you audio tape it, i think it would be proper etiquette to inform him that you are recording, and perhaps even put the recorder on the table/desk. Secretely recording a priavate meeting although not illegal if you are part of the conversation is socially wrong in my opinion.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

Post imported post

lapeer20m wrote:
    if you audio tape it, i think it would be proper etiquette to inform him that you are recording, and perhaps even put the recorder on the table/desk. Secretely recording a priavate meeting although not illegal if you are part of the conversation is socially wrong in my opinion.
    I will be recording and the mayor will be notified first thing.It is a public matter anyway.
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

Post imported post

Tomorrow?

Post imported post

The Mayors secretary called this morning saying she canceled our 1pm meeting but the Mayor did call around noon.He said he was nervous about people walking around OCing and didn't wantEVERYONE doing it.I assured him that would not be the case because EVERYONE does not believe in it and those who do are not the majority.I expressed the legality and some statistics,the fact that we educate people ,we have educated the WPD and that we desire that the WPD would treat us as law abiding citizens and change the 911 protocol for MWAG.I talked about the people that have stopped me in public and asked questions and my providing info to them of the law.That was pretty much it.It was a cordial conversation and he said he will speak to Dwyer about it.One step down, many to go! God Bless! Hamaneggs.

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

hamaneggs wrote:
    The Mayors secretary called this morning saying she canceled our 1pm meeting but the Mayor did call around noon.He said he was nervous about people walking around OCing and didn't wantEVERYONE doing it.I assured him that would not be the case because EVERYONE does not believe in it and those who do are not the majority.I expressed the legality and some statistics,the fact that we educate people ,we have educated the WPD and that we desire that the WPD would treat us as law abiding citizens and change the 911 protocol for MWAG.I talked about the people that have stopped me in public and asked questions and my providing info to them of the law.That was pretty much it.It was a cordial conversation and he said he will speak to Dwyer about it.One step down, many to go! God Bless! Hamaneggs.
    I'm glad you had the opportunity to speak with the Mayor and try to educate him on OC. However, I wish he would have at least tried to reschedule the meeting. This tells me that he does not take this seriously and wants to avoid dealing with the issues.

We will continue to OC heavily in Warren until it is no longer an issue. I do think there has been a lot of progress but at the same time there is still more work to be done.

Thank you for your efforts hamaneggs! Lets meet up sometime soon, maybe a little OC lunch

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

Generaldet wrote:
    hamaneggs wrote:
    I'm glad you had the opportunity to speak with the Mayor and try to educate him on OC. However, I wish he would have at least tried to reschedule the meeting. This tells me that he does not take this seriously and wants to avoid dealing with the issues.

We will continue to OC heavily in Warren until it is no longer an issue. I do think there has been a lot of progress but at the same time there is still more work to be done.

Thank you for your efforts hamaneggs! Lets meet up sometime soon, maybe a little OC lunch
    Sorry I was refering to the council meeting I was at,I thought she was acting Mayor.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Generaldet wrote:
    hamaneggs wrote:

I believe avoidance may be the issue yet I remain optimistic that we arw moving forward.An OC lunch sounds good anytime!

Post imported post

Horrible. Just what I expected. I could picture him talking to the chief. I'm doubtful it will have any impact but it was worth the try. These guys are anti's.

Post imported post

hamaneggs wrote:
    He said he was nervous about people walking around OCing and didn't wantEVERYONE doing it.

It doesn't matter what he WANTS. Sure, he has the right to feel that way, but it's legal and if EVERYONE wants to do it they can.

Post imported post

mikestilly wrote:
    Horrible. Just what I expected. I could picture him talking to the chief. I'm doubtful it will have any impact but it was worth the try. These guys are anti's.
    I agree. I also suggest not meeting with him and instead just going ahead with the civil suit. Discussing it will possibly just give away tactics that give you an advantage in court. JMO.

Post imported post

T Vance wrote:
    mikestilly wrote:
    I agree. I also suggest not meeting with him and instead just going ahead with the civil suit. Discussing it will possibly just give away tactics that give¬* you an advantage in court. JMO.
    From what I seen most of the lawyers want up front cash for civil litigation. I've yet to see anyone from here go forward with one. I'm assuming it's because lack of funds. I'd be in the same ball park if it was me. I wouldnt have a sum of cash to drop on such a thing. Something needs to be done!

Post imported post

What if you represented yourself? Or does that simply work when defending yourself?

Post imported post

T Vance wrote:
    What if you represented yourself? Or does that simply work when defending yourself?
    You can file a lawsuit by yourself. I would research on how to do it, but it has been done.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Count me in for an OC lunch and a walk anywhere in Warren.We should find a mall to hit after lunch.We need 4 or 5 people all with recorders.Jeff, you have my number ....set it up and I'll drive.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    T Vance wrote:
    You can file a lawsuit by yourself. I would research on how to do it, but it has been done.
    But could you represent yourself? I mean if you have all your "ducks in a row" and you are a good public speaker would this be possible?

Post imported post

thekunk47 wrote:
    Count me in for an OC lunch and a walk¬* anywhere in Warren.We should find a mall to hit after lunch.We need 4 or 5 people all with recorders.Jeff, you have my number ....set it up and I'll drive.
    I'd like to be there. Just depends on what day and what time.

Post imported post

T Vance wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    T Vance wrote:
    But could you represent yourself? I mean if you have all your "ducks in a row" and you are a good public speaker would this be possible?
    Yes.

Post imported post

IANAL, but if you file suit yourself, make sure you're in a superior court of record (not an inferior court).

Post imported post

thekunk47 wrote:
    Count me in for an OC lunch and a walk anywhere in Warren.We should find a mall to hit after lunch.We need 4 or 5 people all with recorders.Jeff, you have my number ....set it up and I'll drive.
    OK. Those who are in say AYE!

One more letter being sent ! Next stop litigation!They're on their third strike!

Post imported post

If I have the time, I will be there for a walk through warren.

And by the way, in terms of strikes, I believe they struck out when they detained an OCer walking home from the warren picnic in 08. That was the first of many strike outs.

Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

AYE
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    If I have the time, I will be there for a walk through warren.

And by the way, in terms of strikes, I believe they struck out when they detained an OCer walking home from the warren picnic in 08. That was the first of many strike outs.
    +100000 Struck out plain an simple!