• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hamaneggs&TheKunk to see Mayor Fouts.

Haman J.T.

imported post

Me and TheKunk47 are going to speak with Mayor Fouts 11/30/09.I told them I have a complaint and a civil suit to discuss.I will be discussing the state of Warren and the WPD and their lack of concern for the safety of myself and the citizens of the community,of which the LEO's do not consider me as part of the community, because I am a danger to the community when I OC to defend myself,in their words.We will have a good talk I do believe!

mikestilly

imported post

hamaneggs wrote:
Me and TheKunk47 are going to speak with Mayor Fouts 11/30/09.I told them I have a complaint and a civil suit to discuss.I will be discussing the state of Warren and the WPD and their lack of concern for the safety of myself and the citizens of the community,of which the LEO's do not consider me as part of the community, because I am a danger to the community when I OC to defend myself,in their words.We will have a good talk I do believe!

Try an get it on video or at the very least audio tape. I'd love to see it!

lapeer20m

imported post

if you audio tape it, i think it would be proper etiquette to inform him that you are recording, and perhaps even put the recorder on the table/desk. Secretely recording a priavate meeting although not illegal if you are part of the conversation is socially wrong in my opinion.

Haman J.T.

imported post

lapeer20m wrote:
if you audio tape it, i think it would be proper etiquette to inform him that you are recording, and perhaps even put the recorder on the table/desk. Secretely recording a priavate meeting although not illegal if you are part of the conversation is socially wrong in my opinion.
I will be recording and the mayor will be notified first thing.It is a public matter anyway.

Haman J.T.

imported post

The Mayors secretary called this morning saying she canceled our 1pm meeting but the Mayor did call around noon.He said he was nervous about people walking around OCing and didn't wantEVERYONE doing it.I assured him that would not be the case because EVERYONE does not believe in it and those who do are not the majority.I expressed the legality and some statistics,the fact that we educate people ,we have educated the WPD and that we desire that the WPD would treat us as law abiding citizens and change the 911 protocol for MWAG.I talked about the people that have stopped me in public and asked questions and my providing info to them of the law.That was pretty much it.It was a cordial conversation and he said he will speak to Dwyer about it.One step down, many to go! God Bless! Hamaneggs.

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

hamaneggs wrote:
The Mayors secretary called this morning saying she canceled our 1pm meeting but the Mayor did call around noon.He said he was nervous about people walking around OCing and didn't wantEVERYONE doing it.I assured him that would not be the case because EVERYONE does not believe in it and those who do are not the majority.I expressed the legality and some statistics,the fact that we educate people ,we have educated the WPD and that we desire that the WPD would treat us as law abiding citizens and change the 911 protocol for MWAG.I talked about the people that have stopped me in public and asked questions and my providing info to them of the law.That was pretty much it.It was a cordial conversation and he said he will speak to Dwyer about it.One step down, many to go! God Bless! Hamaneggs.

I'm glad you had the opportunity to speak with the Mayor and try to educate him on OC. However, I wish he would have at least tried to reschedule the meeting. This tells me that he does not take this seriously and wants to avoid dealing with the issues.

We will continue to OC heavily in Warren until it is no longer an issue. I do think there has been a lot of progress but at the same time there is still more work to be done.

Thank you for your efforts hamaneggs! Lets meet up sometime soon, maybe a little OC lunch

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Generaldet wrote:
hamaneggs wrote:

I'm glad you had the opportunity to speak with the Mayor and try to educate him on OC. However, I wish he would have at least tried to reschedule the meeting. This tells me that he does not take this seriously and wants to avoid dealing with the issues.

We will continue to OC heavily in Warren until it is no longer an issue. I do think there has been a lot of progress but at the same time there is still more work to be done.

Thank you for your efforts hamaneggs! Lets meet up sometime soon, maybe a little OC lunch
Sorry I was refering to the council meeting I was at,I thought she was acting Mayor.

Haman J.T.

imported post

Generaldet wrote:
hamaneggs wrote:

I believe avoidance may be the issue yet I remain optimistic that we arw moving forward.An OC lunch sounds good anytime!

mikestilly

imported post

Horrible. Just what I expected. :cuss::cuss::cuss: I could picture him talking to the chief. I'm doubtful it will have any impact but it was worth the try. These guys are anti's.

T Vance

imported post

hamaneggs wrote:
He said he was nervous about people walking around OCing and didn't wantEVERYONE doing it.

It doesn't matter what he WANTS. Sure, he has the right to feel that way, but it's legal and if EVERYONE wants to do it they can.

T Vance

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
Horrible. Just what I expected. :cuss::cuss::cuss: I could picture him talking to the chief. I'm doubtful it will have any impact but it was worth the try. These guys are anti's.
I agree. I also suggest not meeting with him and instead just going ahead with the civil suit. Discussing it will possibly just give away tactics that give you an advantage in court. JMO.

mikestilly

imported post

T Vance wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
I agree. I also suggest not meeting with him and instead just going ahead with the civil suit. Discussing it will possibly just give away tactics that give  you an advantage in court. JMO.

From what I seen most of the lawyers want up front cash for civil litigation. I've yet to see anyone from here go forward with one. I'm assuming it's because lack of funds. I'd be in the same ball park if it was me. I wouldnt have a sum of cash to drop on such a thing. Something needs to be done! :cuss::banghead:

thekunk47

imported post

Count me in for an OC lunch and a walk anywhere in Warren.We should find a mall to hit after lunch.We need 4 or 5 people all with recorders.Jeff, you have my number ....set it up and I'll drive.

T Vance

imported post

Venator wrote:
T Vance wrote:
What if you represented yourself? Or does that simply work when defending yourself?
You can file a lawsuit by yourself. I would research on how to do it, but it has been done.
But could you represent yourself? I mean if you have all your "ducks in a row" and you are a good public speaker would this be possible?

mikestilly

imported post

thekunk47 wrote:
Count me in for an OC lunch and a walk  anywhere in Warren.We should find a mall to hit after lunch.We need 4 or 5 people all with recorders.Jeff, you have my number ....set it up and I'll drive.

I'd like to be there. Just depends on what day and what time.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

T Vance wrote:
Venator wrote:
T Vance wrote:
What if you represented yourself? Or does that simply work when defending yourself?
You can file a lawsuit by yourself. I would research on how to do it, but it has been done.
But could you represent yourself? I mean if you have all your "ducks in a row" and you are a good public speaker would this be possible?
Yes.