• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2nd Triad OC meet

REX681959

imported post

We want everyone to stay from 6:30 till 7:30 to let more people have the chance to get there. Anytime in between will be fine. I'll be there at 6:30. Oh BTW if you are wondering where we'll be inside the restaurant. Just look for the guy with the loud Hawaiian shirt.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

glockaholic wrote:
REX681959 wrote:
Just look for the guy with the loud Hawaiian shirt.

And the loud boomstick strapped on. :lol:

One really good thing about OC meetups is it's usually pretty easy to locate the group. :)

I'll do my best to go. But if I get there and see someone that resembles this:
boomstick.gif

Then you can count me out.

God bless Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

glockaholic wrote:
Is Bruce Campbell channeling Charlton Heston in that pic or what?

I'm almost certain that Charlton Heston was channeling Bruce Campbell in all the pictures that have been taken of Heston holding a rifle above his head.

charlton-heston-1.jpg

Racer X

imported post

One of these days I'll actually be off work for one of these dinners. Not this time, unfortunately. Maybe see you guys next month.

REX681959

imported post

I am sorely disappointed at all the OC in greensboro. My group ( 6 people ) made it.

2 guys from Raliegh made the trip ( Thanks guys ) & only one person from all of Greensboro showed up.
Good to see you again jp49911.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I have to apologize, and I do feel terrible.

I overbooked my self (something I must admit I'm sometimes guilty of) tonight and had to make an executive decision. I am a vice president of a local ham radio club and our Christmas party was tonight and it was my duty but also my promise to make it to this one. I stewed over the decision and am not happy I missed you all. Please forgive me, I'll find some way to make it up to you all. I am glad you were able to get together, albeit in my home town...

I hope everyone made it home safely tonight. I hope to see you at a meet in the near future. Nine isn't too bad though. We have trouble getting that many to check into our radio nets and come to club meetings and there are thousands of us in this area.

JDriver1.8t

imported post

I had a great time tonight. There was a lot of good fun discussion going on, and story sharing as well.

Maybe one day you greensboro folk that were there tonight could host/set upa range trip :D, or maybe that is wishfull thinking.

I'll definately try and make it out to the next G'boro meet as well.

ocgso

imported post

Let us know when you guys are planning to get together, perhaps we can return the favor and try to head your way for a meet.

It was a lot of fun, and I heard some great stories and discussions.I amglad that I carriedmy111 caliber sidearm, that makes 2 meets in a row where I have had the biggestgun....... We will have to see what I can muster for next time:lol:

I will continue to laugh at that story for years to come....

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Did you all take any pictures?

With your persmission, next meet that you all organize, I'd like to bring a camera. If not one wants their picture taken, that is fine, I respect that.

Preble

High Point, North Carolina, United States
imported post

I need a time and date.

Couldn't make the first because of a wedding :(

But any who, My dad no longer lives here in NC so i dont have a firearm to carry. :(

Im still going to show up.

Thank god ill be 21 in 63 days.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Preble wrote:
I need a time and date.

Couldn't make the first because of a wedding :(

But any who, My dad no longer lives here in NC so i dont have a firearm to carry. :(

Im still going to show up.

Thank god ill be 21 in 63 days.

I don't know where you live but there will be one in Kannapolis that I will make a stern effort to make. I have cleared that day and have it on multiple calendars, so unless something truly serious comes up, I'll get down to that one. Information is here: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum41/34517.html

It is not a Triad meet, but it isn't "that far" from the Triad.