• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Military Assault Weapons

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ABNinfantryman wrote:
r6-rider wrote:

thats what i always thought just from looking it at. looks like it has way more junk to carry but everyone swore it was lighter. go figure. thank god im not a saw gunner either haha

airborne huh, you at bragg?

We weighed it and if you break both down to just the vest the IOTV weighs like a pound lighter, but they break even if you put the entire system together, the collar, kidney pad, DAPS, side plates, etc. The main thing that makes them feel lighter is the cumberbun which redistributes the weight from your shoulders to your midsection.

Yeah my home station is at Bragg, right now I'm in Afghanistan. I was in Germany before with the 173D Airborne.
The EOTech is a fine red dot, Will be getting one my new Bushmaster ACR when they come out this summer, the EOTech I will get in the one that uses the AA battery. Thank you for your service !!!! you & everyone else serving in the US Military over in A-Stan, Iraq & everywhere else are all hero's in my book. Give em hell. And Happy Holidays to you all, also. Get back safe..

ABNinfantryman

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
The EOTech is a fine red dot, Will be getting one my new Bushmaster ACR when they come out this summer, the EOTech I will get in the one that uses the AA battery. Thank you for your service !!!! you & everyone else serving in the US Military over in A-Stan, Iraq & everywhere else are all hero's in my book. Give em hell. And Happy Holidays to you all, also. Get back safe..

I've got the 557 AA model. It has 4 distance dots, center is 300, then 400, 500, 600. Thanks for the kind words too.