• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Registering an AK-47 as a pistol

wally1120

imported post

Alright I am getting a bit confused here. The BBL Lenght has to be 16" or greater and, the OAL of the gun has to be 30" or less. What if the BBL is a 28" how would that one work out? The reciever on any gun is going to be MUCH GREATER then 2".

T Vance

imported post

Here's the gun

100_2545.jpg

And here's the Russian that sold it to me...

100_1704-1.jpg

Michigander

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
It's a good workaround for SBR
My thoughts exactly.

Just for clarification for anyone who might still be confused, you can have an actual AK pistol under federal law and even dumb ass Michigan state law. It must start off as a pistol, never having had a shoulder stock. The barrel can be any length so long as the over all length is under 26". And remember, no pistol grip fore ends unless you want to register it as an AOW.

Also, as I understand it, you don't have the silly 922r parts laws with an AK pistol.

T Vance

imported post

Michigander wrote:
Just for clarification for anyone who might still be confused, you can have an actual AK pistol under federal law and even dumb ass Michigan state law. It must start off as a pistol, never having had a shoulder stock. The barrel can be any length so long as the over all length is under 26". And remember, no pistol grip fore ends unless you want to register it as an AOW.

Also, as I understand it, you don't have the silly 922r parts laws with an AK pistol.
Are you saying if this gun started off with a shoulder stock then it can't be registered as a pistol?

Michigander

imported post

No, I was trying to clarify how you can have a SBR sized AK pistol by making it from scratch as a pistol. As in under 26". Can't do that with a preexisting rifle unless you want to register it as an SBR, which some out of line politicians won't allow us to do.

It's a confusing subject. I probably should have done something more productive with my youth than studying guns and gun laws as much as I did. :uhoh:

wally1120

imported post

T Vance wrote:
Here's the gun

100_2545.jpg

And here's the Russian that sold it to me...

100_1704-1.jpg
That Russian that sold you the gun, Looks like he dont take any shi^. I wouldn`t want to get into a gun fight with someone like this :lol:.