• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GFSZ Gun Free School Zone Law Doesn't work

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

http://www.wrex.com/Global/story.asp?S=11567527
BELOIT (WREX) - Merrill Elementary School went onlockdown for about two hours following a deadly shooting nearby.
According to police, a suspect chased and shot a person in a car which crashed on the grounds of Merrill Elementary School around 1:00 p.m. on Tuesday. They say Derick Kimber, 22, died. A second person in the car, a 24-year-old man, was injured. Kimber is Beloit's fifth homicide of the year.

Our sister station, WKOW in Madison, reports the incident startedabout ablock away from the school on Copeland Avenue. Merrill Elementary went on lockdown for about two hours after the shooting.

On Tuesday evening, Beloit Police announced they have a suspect in the shooting. That person is not yet in custody.They sent information to other law enforcement agencies to help with the search. They are also still looking for other possible suspects.

Police say the Merrill lockdown went smoothly. No students or teachers got hurt, although several cars in the parking lot have damage.
Please continue to urge everybody you know to sign the petition.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
Laws affect only the law abiding. Consider (anti) sodomy laws.

We suffer only the laws that are enforced.
I'm pretty sure there isn't any "anti sodomy law" in Wisconsin. Having one would cause most government activities come to a grinding halt -- no pun intended.

You weren't planning on making another video, were you? :uhoh:

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

Shotgun wrote:

I'm pretty sure there isn't any "anti sodomy law" in Wisconsin. Having one would cause most government activities come to a grinding halt -- no pun intended.

One of the satisfying aspects of 'the law' as premises for legal logic is that occasionally a positive universally quantified statement can be properly made. There is one mention of "sodomy" in my nearly complete copy of the Statutes of Wisconsin. Therefore Wisconsin does have an "anti-sodomy" law.

944.21 Obscene material or performance. (1) The legislature intends that the authority to prosecute violations of this section shall be used primarily to combat the obscenity industry and shall never be used for harassment or censorship purposes against materials or performances having serious artistic, literary, political, educational or scientific value. The legislature further intends that the enforcement of this section shall be consistent with the first amendment to the U.S. constitution, article I, section 3, of the Wisconsin constitution and the compelling state interest in protecting the free flow of ideas.
(2) In this section:

[ ...]

(e) “Sexual conduct” means the commission of any of the following: sexual intercourse, sodomy, bestiality, necrophilia, human excretion, masturbation, sadism, masochism,
The contrast, between the high regard for the "first amendment to the U. S. constitution[sic]", expressed above, and the scant regard for the Second Amendment to the U. S. Constitution, is shocking.

Perhaps pursuit of openly carried weapons as protected political speech should be considered.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Shotgun wrote:

One of the satisfying aspects of 'the law' as premises for legal logic is that occasionally a positive universally quantified statement can be properly made. There is one mention of "sodomy" in my nearly complete copy of the Statutes of Wisconsin. Therefore Wisconsin does have an "anti-sodomy" law.

944.21 Obscene material or performance. (1) The legislature intends that the authority to prosecute violations of this section shall be used primarily to combat the obscenity industry and shall never be used for harassment or censorship purposes against materials or performances having serious artistic, literary, political, educational or scientific value. The legislature further intends that the enforcement of this section shall be consistent with the first amendment to the U.S. constitution, article I, section 3, of the Wisconsin constitution and the compelling state interest in protecting the free flow of ideas.
(2) In this section:

[ ...]

(e) “Sexual conduct” means the commission of any of the following: sexual intercourse, sodomy, bestiality, necrophilia, human excretion, masturbation, sadism, masochism,
The contrast, between the high regard for the "first amendment to the U. S. constitution[sic]", expressed above, and the scant regard for the Second Amendment to the U. S. Constitution, is shocking.

Perhaps pursuit of openly carried weapons as protected political speech should be considered.
Not in the slightest is it an "anti-sodomy" law.

That's an anti-obscenity law. By your logic, it's also an anti-intercourse, anti-excretion and anti-masturbation law, since those activities are mentioned also.

protias

imported post

Clearly if the two people who were in that car had firearms, they could have hurt or killed that criminal! Oh the horror! :banghead: