• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

hussein ag holder - new aggressive gun control response

IDAHO COWBOY

imported post

-hussein ag holder - new aggressive gun control response

is this why the feds did nothing before the killings ? they knew prior to the killings and did nothing .... just let it happen over dozen killed and tens wounded .... just so they would have a BS excuse to start aggressive gun control ?

let a few die for the commie perception good of many ..... ?

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/attorney-general-holder-reveals-aggressive-gun-control-in-response-to-ft-hood-terror-attack-70535237.html

Attorney General Holder Reveals Aggressive Gun Control In Response to Ft. Hood Terror Attack

WASHINGTON, Nov. 19 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Before the Senate Judiciary Committee November 18th, 2009, Attorney General Eric Holder revealed a stunningly broad and aggressive anti-gun agenda.

"The President of the United States asked that politicians not use the Ft. Hood attack to engage in 'political theater.' It appears those committed to attacking gun owners and the Second Amendment simply can't help themselves and are engaged in blaming guns and gun owners on the heels of this terrorist attack. Sadly it looks like 'politics as usual,'" said LEAA's spokesperson, Ted Deeds.

After explaining and defending his decision to give enemy combatants constitutional protections and the right to public trial in civilian courts, Attorney General Holder revealed his support for a national gun owner registration scheme and authorizing the government to ban firearm possession for any person by merely adding that person's name to the terror watch list.

Drawing reasonable conclusions from what Holder publicly said, we now know:

• Holder wants a national, permanent gun registration system administered by law enforcement. A registration of honest citizens that have cleared the federal background check for gun purchases with those records permanently retained by and shared among law enforcement.
  • Holder wants new federal authority to prohibit any person on the federal watch list (reported to be 400,000 names) from buying guns and supports confiscating guns from those on the list who possess them.
Transcribing General Holder: "The position of the Administration is that there should be a basis for law enforcement to share information about gun purchases." "... [It's not] inconsistent to allow law enforcement agencies to share that kind of information, for that information to be retained and then to be shared by law enforcement." "It seems incongruous to me that we would bar certain people from flying on airplanes because they are on the terrorist watch list and yet we would still allow them to posses weapons." {Emphasis added}

LEAA's Executive Director Jim Fotis said, "Those behind the badge don't believe more restrictions on honest gun owners is a reasonable, practical or constitutional response to acts of terrorism. As a retired officer, I know that America's men and women in blue want to fight terrorism, to stop terrorists; not waste time keeping records on innocent gun owners!"

www.leaa.org

SOURCE Law Enforcement Alliance of America

RogueWarrior

imported post

What do you expect from the democraps they'll try to get gun control anyway they can

KansasMustang

imported post

Just another reason for me to buy another one of those EBG's. WE THE PEOPLE must be vigilant and keep these progressives from demonizing us and confiscation of our freedom.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

The interesting thing is this is completely and totally illegal. Under the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, any state could simply refuse to adhere to or carry out any such federal law and they would be not only correct in doing so, they would be required to do this according to these two superior documents.

However I would not for a moment, bet my life on this taking place.

lapeer20m

imported post

"made in montana:"

I bet that state doesn't cave in to this illegal attack on the 2a. tennesee signed their made in tn into law as well. Michigan has drafted made in michigan legislation, but it has not been adopted yet.

It basically says that any firearms made in that state, designed to stay in that state, do not fall under the authority of the AFTE, including registration and background checks. Automatic weapons are still illegal under state law. Suppressors are now legal in montana.

I wish michigan would hurry up and pass it's legislation. We have plenty of empty factories that would be perfect for making firearms and ammunition.