Thread: news footage of ocers in a restaurant

Post imported post

A year ago there was a senator or rep. who said nobody carries in a restaurant. Gun owners proved him wrong by showing up in force to a eating establishment. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and can anyone find the news footage if you do know what I'm referring to? It's in this VIR. forum but I can't find it.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

I think you are talking about Dick.

Dick Saslaw, that is.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:

Dick Saslaw, that is.
    Yep...banjo Dick Saslaw

If you're talking about Fuddruckers, where over 125 OC'ers showed up, the only news footage is here (That I know of anyway)
    http://news.oldva.org/blogroll/a-saf...t-fuddruckers/

There are many more pictures if you need them.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

I think he means the Champps dinner up in NoVa.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    I think he means the Champps dinner up in NoVa.
    Sorry!

Post imported post

The one I'm thinking of occurred last year or so and what I saw was video news footage from one of your local stations. It might be long gone now, but I saw it in one of these forums last year, so I'm just asking as a shot in the dark. Don't sweat too much over this. I'm just trying to find some video of lots of OCers in one place. I'm sure there are some of that in Vir.

Post imported post

Godscreation wrote:
    The one I'm thinking of occurred last year or so and what I saw was video news footage from one of your local stations. It might be long gone now, but I saw it in one of these forums last year, so I'm just asking as a shot in the dark. Don't sweat too much over this. I'm just trying to find some video of lots of OCers in one place. I'm sure there are some of that in Vir.
    Contact VCDL. They have a very active and very good, video person, who is certain to have a lot of footage.
    I'm just a hack with a cell phone camera.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:

Dick Saslaw, that is.
    Dick "Banjo" Saslaw.

For those who missed that part of the story, it was Lobby Day at the General Assembly a few years back. Virginina Citizen's Defense League members were thick on the ground lobbying legislators while wearing their bright orange Guns Save Lives stickers.

Senator Dick Saslaw got on an elevator and commented to someone that it looked "like half the cast of Deliverance" was there. Unknown to Saslaw, a VCDL member was right behind him in the elevator!

That story, of course, caused a bit of a sensation when it got out. So, Dickwas assigned the "banjo"moniker in referenceto the dueling banjos scene in Deliverance.

It was Dick who made the comment about restaurants and carry. It mightbe searchable on VCDL's website.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

did some digging and was able to find this. It used to be on the VCDL.org main page but it has since been moved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSaox...layer_embedded

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Here it is:

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/kSaox6uvbdQ&hl=en_US&fs=1[/flash]
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

Next time I am in Northern VA I will have to go eat there.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Dick "Banjo" Saslaw.

For those who missed that part of the story, it was Lobby Day at the General Assembly a few years back. Virginina Citizen's Defense League members were thick on the ground lobbying legislators while wearing their bright orange Guns Save Lives stickers.

Senator Dick Saslaw got on an elevator and commented to someone that it looked "like half the cast of Deliverance" was there. Unknown to Saslaw, a VCDL member was right behind him in the elevator!

That story, of course, caused a bit of a sensation when it got out. So, Dickwas assigned the "banjo"moniker in referenceto the dueling banjos scene in Deliverance.

It was Dick who made the comment about restaurants and carry. It mightbe searchable on VCDL's website.
    Wonder is Saslaw will have found a cure for his hoof-in-mouth disease before Lobby Day (1/18/10) next year?

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    Citizen wrote:
    Dick "Banjo" Saslaw.

Wonder is Saslaw will have found a cure for his hoof-in-mouth disease before Lobby Day (1/18/10) next year?

Yata hey
    I seriously hope not! I am so looking forward to a group visit from VCDL to The Honorable Mr. Saslaw's office and capturing the event in pixels.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit