• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

news footage of ocers in a restaurant

Godscreation

imported post

A year ago there was a senator or rep. who said nobody carries in a restaurant. Gun owners proved him wrong by showing up in force to a eating establishment. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and can anyone find the news footage if you do know what I'm referring to? It's in this VIR. forum but I can't find it.

Godscreation

imported post

The one I'm thinking of occurred last year or so and what I saw was video news footage from one of your local stations. It might be long gone now, but I saw it in one of these forums last year, so I'm just asking as a shot in the dark. Don't sweat too much over this. I'm just trying to find some video of lots of OCers in one place. I'm sure there are some of that in Vir.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Godscreation wrote:
The one I'm thinking of occurred last year or so and what I saw was video news footage from one of your local stations. It might be long gone now, but I saw it in one of these forums last year, so I'm just asking as a shot in the dark. Don't sweat too much over this. I'm just trying to find some video of lots of OCers in one place. I'm sure there are some of that in Vir.
Contact VCDL. They have a very active and very good, video person, who is certain to have a lot of footage.
I'm just a hack with a cell phone camera.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
I think you are talking about Dick.

Dick Saslaw, that is.

Dick "Banjo" Saslaw. :D

For those who missed that part of the story, it was Lobby Day at the General Assembly a few years back. Virginina Citizen's Defense League members were thick on the ground lobbying legislators while wearing their bright orange Guns Save Lives stickers.

Senator Dick Saslaw got on an elevator and commented to someone that it looked "like half the cast of Deliverance" was there. Unknown to Saslaw, a VCDL member was right behind him in the elevator!

That story, of course, caused a bit of a sensation when it got out. So, Dickwas assigned the "banjo"moniker in referenceto the dueling banjos scene in Deliverance.

It was Dick who made the comment about restaurants and carry. It mightbe searchable on VCDL's website.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Citizen wrote:

For those who missed that part of the story, it was Lobby Day at the General Assembly a few years back. Virginina Citizen's Defense League members were thick on the ground lobbying legislators while wearing their bright orange Guns Save Lives stickers.

Senator Dick Saslaw got on an elevator and commented to someone that it looked "like half the cast of Deliverance" was there. Unknown to Saslaw, a VCDL member was right behind him in the elevator!

That story, of course, caused a bit of a sensation when it got out. So, Dickwas assigned the "banjo"moniker in referenceto the dueling banjos scene in Deliverance.

It was Dick who made the comment about restaurants and carry. It mightbe searchable on VCDL's website.
Wonder is Saslaw will have found a cure for his hoof-in-mouth disease before Lobby Day (1/18/10) next year? :lol:

Yata hey

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Citizen wrote:

Wonder is Saslaw will have found a cure for his hoof-in-mouth disease before Lobby Day (1/18/10) next year? :lol:

Yata hey

I seriously hope not! I am so looking forward to a group visit from VCDL to The Honorable Mr. Saslaw's office and capturing the event in pixels.

stay safe.

skidmark