• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

San Diego County firearms lawyer?

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

I've had 619-297-0770 in my cellphone and on a card in my wallet for a long time in case of malicious arrest and persecution. Just called it to check, since Trutanich split off the partnership to be the LA City Attorney. Number's no longer in service.

So, I Googled around and found these firearms lawyers, FWIW:

http://www.krutmanlaw.com/PracticeAreas/Weapons-Charges.asp
A weapon is more than just a gun. Depending on how it is used, a weapon can be a shoe, a car or a fist. Even law-abiding citizens can get into trouble and find themselves charged with weapons violations.

I have more than 20 years of experience defending people accused of many types of gun charges. I will investigate your gun charges and the officers' actions when they found your weapon and arrested you. If you used your weapon in self-defense or to protect someone else from life-threatening danger, I will fight to dismiss your charges.

http://www.criminallawsd.com/Violent-Offenses/Firearm-Weapons-Charges.shtml
A gun does not have to be operational to be considered a weapon.California has numerous laws concerning firearms, and it strictly regulates who can lawfully own and carry one. For instance, automatic weapons are illegal for all private citizens to own while certain citizens, such as convicted felons or mental patients, are prohibited from owning any type of firearm.
http://www.klacriminaldefense.com/PracticeAreas/Weapons-Offenses.asp
We understand what is at stake for clients facing gun or weapons charges, and we provide solid, intuitive criminal defense in their favor. We aim to protect the rights and futures of the clients we represent.
http://www.bajajlaw.com/CM/CriminalDefense/Gun-Charges.asp
we have extensive experience investigating serious gun charges and defending clients against excessive penalties and trumped up circumstances.
We will begin an immediate investigation in your case to collect and preserve all necessary evidence for your defense. Starting with Mr. Bajaj, we will work with forensic professionals and other experts, contact witnesses, and mount an aggressive strategy in your defense. Many weapons and gun charges involve your Fourth Amendment rights against unreasonable search and seizure.
Many individuals use guns for their own personal protection. However, even individuals who own guns to defend their family or property risk facing serious weapons charges if they use their weapon in self-defense.
http://www.criminaldefenseinsandiego.com/PracticeAreas/Gun-Crimes.asp
Detailing all of the complex details of California gun laws would be too much of a task for this page. Just a few main points are as follows:
  • Assault weapons have been outlawed completely: no assault rifles or semiautomatic weapons such as Uzis and AK-47s.
  • People with past felonies are not allowed to own any firearms.
  • Gun owners are held accountable for making guns accessible to kids.
There are also complex laws about carrying a gun from one place to another. Often, people who are simply bringing a registered gun from home to a firing range find themselves under arrest.
We can help people navigate California's complex gun crime laws.

Often people are violating California gun laws without even realizing it. The laws are confusing and often misunderstood -- only a lawyer with specific experience in gun crime cases can help you navigate the vague laws and get through a gun charge.

chewy352

imported post

Thanks for your research. I'll be checking them out myself. If you don't mind, let me know who you choose/retain. Maybe they would be able to set something up for all of us San Diego UOCers.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

chewy352 wrote:
Thanks for your research. I'll be checking them out myself. If you don't mind, let me know who you choose/retain. Maybe they would be able to set something up for all of us San Diego UOCers.
Going to be a long wait. I'm waiting for untaxed LOC to be a right again.

chewy352

imported post

So your standing down? If so then I respectfully disagree with your choice but it is yours not mine. We all have our place in the fight. Feel free to come out and visit at the San Diego meetups armed or not.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

chewy352 wrote:
So your standing down? If so then I respectfully disagree with your choice but it is yours not mine. We all have our place in the fight. Feel free to come out and visit at the San Diego meetups armed or not.
I was never standing up. Disability forces me to fight from the keyboard.