Thread: OpenCarry Liquor Store

Post imported post

WikiPedia Claims: It is not illegal to carry a firearm in a liquor store or other establishment that sells alcohol only for consumption off the premises.[14][/sup][15][/sup][16][/sup][17]

[/sup]Their reference is incorrect, it links to a statute about ON SALE (bars), which now is also changed because of the new CCW law in effect.

Anyone want to change this, or challenge my changing this?

Best,
    Pace

Post imported post

yea its not illegal. i carry in liquor stores, gas stations, grocery stores, etc all the time

Post imported post

r6-rider wrote:
    yea its not illegal. i carry in liquor stores, gas stations, grocery stores, etc all the time
    Correctomundo. Carry in places that SELL alcohol is perfectly legal so long as it isn't for on-premises consumption.

That is to say you can open carry at a mini-mart, grocery store, or other Sam's Club (who all sell alcohol) but not at White Chocolate Grill, Outback, or the George and Dragon, which sell for on-premises consumption. (Of those examples, Outback and the George and Dragon both posted after the new law took effect, so CC is illegal there as well. Haven't checked WCG yet.)

Post imported post

What is up with that law, anyway? I thought ya all out in Arizona were about even with Idaho as far as gun laws, but that one...sounds absurd. Anything in the works to get that off the books?

Post imported post

NightOwl wrote:
    What is up with that law, anyway?* I thought ya all out in Arizona were about even with Idaho as far as gun laws, but that one...sounds absurd.* Anything in the works to get that off the books?
    We did have a good restaurant carry bill in the works, until the NRA came to town to "help us out and make a few adjustments".

The result is a phucked up mess of a law.

Post imported post

NightOwl wrote:
    What is up with that law, anyway? I thought ya all out in Arizona were about even with Idaho as far as gun laws, but that one...sounds absurd. Anything in the works to get that off the books?
    We are working on them all the time and it is getting better. I have not found it very difficult to operate as is but the ultimate goal is to remove allrestrictions from law abiding citizens.

I haven't had reason to study Idaho law. So what is the magic up there? We may all want to move up and take over like some of our western neighbors would if they could.
    If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance.