• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

West Central Michigan Volunteer Militia

crosscobra

Banned

crosscobra

Banned
imported post

MOSINS are very good weapons. The "firepower" is not as important as the person behind it. A .22 is good enough to shoot out to 100 yards and we now have a shotgun qualification now as well. And if all the military stuff if too much on the body... we are always looking for support staff and medics. We can work with you on your Level 1 qualification.

wardog6d

Banned
imported post

LOL Nothing like taking orders from some untrained gun guru's. Bubba says "just say NO! to lack luster wanna's be's. Personaly like some of the qualification/requirements. This would probably help keep the donut munchers out of the DMZ...CHEESE WHIZ

crosscobra

Banned
imported post

Btw what we do is not all militia. We do 1st aid training, we train to respond if there is a natural disaster. We also stay up to date on current events. We are pro 2nd amendment, as well as supporters of the 2A march on DC. We are herefor the citizens of the great state of Michigan.

Michigander

imported post

Aside from the federal law that says most here are militia members, I'm not a practicing militia member, because I consider OCing activities to be more important at this time, and frankly I don't have any more time to spare. But I did meet up with the SMVM at that picnic earlier this year, and I by no means think wardog's assessment is fair. Few folks in organized militias meet steryotypes. Timothy McVeigh for example, he was told to leave and not come back.

Any gun rights supporter should be greatful that some people will actually abide by their constitutional obligation to practice with a militia.

Back before WWII, a whole lot of combat vets had militias. Like my great grandpa. He had fought in WWI, and being all too well aware of how bad things could get, particularly with the depression going on, he and his friends started a militia that they called "the detroit spartans". It is sad and disgusting that the media has gone so far that even many who believe in gun ownership make fun of militias.

wardog6d

Banned
imported post

I think this an Open Forum. As for negative not sure about that. Looks like it may be the truth as no information is provided in regards to instructer training or qualifications to train. Regardless of your previous military experiance or title while in the military. These groups and individuals that promote these so called "Training Doctrates" throughout the internet are getting to the poiint of riduculousness. Former this and former that doesnt cut it. I am sorry if you or your group take offense. The bottom line in my opinion is a group of buddies getting together with airsoft,paintball guns on the weekends could probably come out there and put a whoopin on most of your team with little or No tactical training. I would be willing to bet money some of these guys that run weekend after weekend shooting paintballs or airsoft missions would more then put up a whoopin. Furthermore political B.S within these and other volunteer groups in my own experiance gets in the way of getting the job done. Bubba gump may know this,that and everything known to man kind about firearms and whatever else they proclaim. Yet they have every excuse of why they do not have formal up to date and relevant training or qualifications to train. As a current homeland security operator, emergency managment coordinator the last thing I promote isprevious military experiance regardless of any training I may have had. This training now 6 years old is pretty much obselete and new doctrate has been written.

crosscobra

Banned
imported post

wardog6d wrote:
I think this an Open Forum. As for negative not sure about that. Looks like it may be the truth as no information is provided in regards to instructer training or qualifications to train. Regardless of your previous military experiance or title while in the military. These groups and individuals that promote these so called "Training Doctrates" throughout the internet are getting to the poiint of riduculousness. Former this and former that doesnt cut it. I am sorry if you or your group take offense. The bottom line in my opinion is a group of buddies getting together with airsoft,paintball guns on the weekends could probably come out there and put a whoopin on most of your team with little or No tactical training. I would be willing to bet money some of these guys that run weekend after weekend shooting paintballs or airsoft missions would more then put up a whoopin. Furthermore political B.S within these and other volunteer groups in my own experiance gets in the way of getting the job done. Bubba gump may know this,that and everything known to man kind about firearms and whatever else they proclaim. Yet they have every excuse of why they do not have formal up to date and relevant training or qualifications to train. As a current homeland security operator, emergency managment coordinator the last thing I promote isprevious military experiance regardless of any training I may have had. This training now 6 years old is pretty much obselete and new doctrate has been written.

I am sorry you feel this way. But I am very fresh out of the Marine Corps. What we do is not proclaim to be a Special Forces unit, WE train for the worst. Your option is pretty much blind. Paintball and air soft have nothing to do with bullets flying past your head. Our unit has nothing to do with anything political. We are not racist, or anything of the sort. We are neither Republican nor Democrat. We are just concerned citizens looking for a few like minded people. So before you base your opinion on WHAT you might have seen and heard please feel free to come and check us out. We are far from the stereotypical Militia. Also war dog... as a NON supporter... what exactly would you like to see from a Militia unit? We are always looking for people with your type of background to teach us new things. We are not the Military. We have a voting process as well as yearly elections for leadership roles. We take our members concerns very seriously.

So what would you like to see? Lets say there was a tornado that ripped through Holland and you as a 1[suP]st[/suP] responder came down a road and seen a group of guys with chainsaws cutting trees out of the road so EMS and Fire can get through? What would you think?

wardog6d

Banned
imported post

Personaly I think these militia groups need to change there public outlook. Bubba shooting his SKS,303 or BMG is exactly what the public think of when they hear the word militia and when people actually do visit a website this is exactly what they see. Where is the information you claim. Whereare the photo's.Where is the video.Do you support or volunteer with other's? If so where is the info? My 2 cents is this. Its a militia, GREAT. Why not support the general public, why not claim that support and be proud of it. Red Cross, Races, ARES, CERT are always in need of volunteers. Yet no information is promoted in regards to public support to anything of this nature. Show the world the other side. Feed the homeless. Anything! Show the public that these Militia are not just a bunch of bubba's shooting foreign firearms with foreign ammo claiming to protect our freedoms! Paintball and airsoft have everything to do with the closest thing to real time situtation's in the civilian world as there are real projectiles flying past your head and even hitting you in the head. As far as I am concerned its 1000% better then the miles junk the military forces on there soldiers.

crosscobra

Banned
imported post

wardog6d wrote:
Personaly I think these militia groups need to change there public outlook. Bubba shooting his SKS,303 or BMG is exactly what the public think of when they hear the word militia and when people actually do visit a website this is exactly what they see. Where is the information you claim. Whereare the photo's.Where is the video.Do you support or volunteer with other's? If so where is the info? My 2 cents is this. Its a militia, GREAT. Why not support the general public, why not claim that support and be proud of it. Red Cross, Races, ARES, CERT are always in need of volunteers. Yet no information is promoted in regards to public support to anything of this nature. Show the world the other side. Feed the homeless. Anything! Show the public that these Militia are not just a bunch of bubba's shooting foreign firearms with foreign ammo claiming to protect our freedoms! Paintball and airsoft have everything to do with the closest thing to real time situtation's in the civilian world as there are real projectiles flying past your head and even hitting you in the head. As far as I am concerned its 1000% better then the miles junk the military forces on there soldiers.
Our unit is working on that. We promote being CERT trained, And like i said in the 1st post this is our units 1st meeting. So things have to get off the ground. Feeding the homeless is a great idea, and i will pass that at our meeting today. Shooting is important to us... and if someone can only afford a mosin. That’s ok too... even if you don’t have a firearm but believe in the Constitution that’s ok as well. We are a new age unit. I appreciate your feed back as well.
We will have Pics of our unit doing these things. I do not see a need for “hot chicks shooting guns” on our site. But that is their site not mines. But until you have heard that “crack” of a round flying close to your head… you don’t understand fully what combat is like. Anything is good training. But once again thank you for your input. You are more then welcome to attend a meeting and ask these questions, Voice your concerns, we want that. But please do not “stereo type” us.
.[/quote]

wardog6d

Banned
imported post

Dont get me wrong here I think having a Militia is a Great thing. Its the process, The people and the way things get lost in the shuffle. I once participated in a Milita near nashville and noticed they were using FRS radios as there primary means of communications during missions. Real tactical! When I called them out on it they didnt want fixes. They wanted a political shootout and every excuse they could think of to not fix the issue. I agree in regards to bullets flying past you head. You need to also realize 95% of civilians would'nt know a bullet flying by from a A10. Seriously I do appluad you in your efforts. Just wanted to make a point that it doesnt need to be as tactical as you all make it all to be on the web. Its a militia and the truth is those without military COMBAT experiance would most likely bug out during a live firefight. Thats a well known fact as far back as the civil war.

Michigander

imported post

wardog6d wrote:
Its a militia and the truth is those without military COMBAT experiance would most likely bug out during a live firefight. Thats a well known fact as far back as the civil war.
Isn't that a good thing? If we're going to look at it realistically, a militia's only real role in a combat situation would be homeland defense against invaders in a WWIII scenario.

As far as stand up gun fights in that type of situation, a US militia stands every bit as much chance as an Iraqi militia against blackwater. As in it's nearly meaningless. A guerrilla war is the only way lightly armed people can do any reasonable amount of fighting and have any chance of survival. Bombings, sniping, and perhaps ambushes are the best ways to go about fighting an enemy stronger and larger than you are. Aside from the ambushing, it's something even a coward could probably do.

I would go as far as to say it would be an extraordinarily bad idea for a militia to try to engage an enemy in a stand up gun fight. It would be a moronic risk with very little potential for benefit.

wardog6d

Banned
imported post

Maybe that's what ismissing from theMilitia and other of these types of organizations. In that they maintain the old mentally of one focus as a Militia, more of a defensive posture. Might even seem that they take this approach do to the government and there relentless infiltration of right to bear arms. Regardless, a proactive of approach in defensive measures of a new era of homeland defense needs to be taken by these groups. NBC,Financial and various other formsof new era terrorist activity need to be addressed.Most of them seem to believe some hypothetical conspiracy by our government. I agree there probablyis cause for SOME hypothetical beliefs. However a powerful unseen enemy is by far more of a reality in the short term. These group fail to address or in some cases even consider deviating from there core agenda.

Michigander

imported post

wardog6d wrote:
However a powerful unseen enemy is by far more of a reality in the short term. These group fail to address or in some cases even consider deviating from there core agenda.

One of the most powerful unseen enemies that we have in the country, and especially this state, is NAFTA. Issues like that would be a good focus for ANY patriot group. You don't have to worry as much about protecting yourself from thieves and a spiraling downward economy if everyone has a job available.