NEVAFALL wrote:1. Hello, Thomas. Welcome to OCDO.Helllo my name is Thomas and today I went into a pawnshop to purchase my first pistol the clerk did his little call in to the fbi and came back and told me that they have put me on a 5 day delay now my question is if I had a cdv charge that was dissmissed and dropped never convicted also it was my first offence second a dui first missdameanor will they hinder me from owning a firearm also I live in south carlolina any help would be very apreiated thanks Thomas
2. Iam guessingthat "cdv" means "criminal domestic violence". Am I guessing correctly?
3. If you were not convicted it will not be "held against you". Why do you think otherwise?
4. Unless you are a tweenager, which I am guessing you are not if you tried to buy a handgun from a FFL dealer and did not get a) laughed at and b) arrested, please slow down, take a breath and stop gushing it all out in one breath. Your posts give everyone the only way to form an impression of you. Most of us try to give the impression that were are at least adult if not educated.
5. Numbering is not necessary, but paragraphs do help keep each idea separated from allthe others.
6. What is this "5 day delay" you speak of? Last I looked they had three busines days to deny. Could it be that the long holiday weekend has added some additional days to your delay time? I'm somehow doubting that, as you say you filled out the paperwork today (Friday 11/27). Is it possible you have a common last name, a common first and last name, or even common first, middle and last names that might be shared with one or more felons? Did you decline to provide your Social Security Number? (While not mandatory, it can help sort you out from the prohibited persons if your name is similar to someone who is in that first category.)
Again, welcome to OCDO. Do be sure to let us know about the final outcome of your maiden forray into the world of gun buying.