• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cinedome 12 Henderson

Texan1973

imported post

FYI, the police deal with criminals with guns every day. From the officers I have talked to they appreciate having law abiding citizens on the streets armed with guns. That is why this state has a good CCW law on the books so those of us that legally own guns can carry them to protect ourselves and others. I carry a gun everyday, concealed, and have never had anyone target or harass me. You're just trying to create a situation so you can make a name for yourself.

You on the other hand, and your "friends", take to the streets to display your guns, and why?? Exercise your rights? You said yourself that you have a CCW. I don't understand your issues. So you have to pay for a permit every 5 years, and are only required to prove you can shoot every 5 years. Big deal. Get over it. You must have way too much free time on your hands if you are standing up against the people that are on your side.

After seeing what you have been doing I am going to urge our State Senators and Assemblymen to pass open carry laws to forbid open carry before you mess it up for those of us that are proud to be able to carry CCW to protect ourselves and our families.

Vegassteve

imported post

Texan1973 wrote:
FYI, the police deal with criminals with guns every day. From the officers I have talked to they appreciate having law abiding citizens on the streets armed with guns. That is why this state has a good CCW law on the books so those of us that legally own guns can carry them to protect ourselves and others. I carry a gun everyday, concealed, and have never had anyone target or harass me. You're just trying to create a situation so you can make a name for yourself.

You on the other hand, and your "friends", take to the streets to display your guns, and why?? Exercise your rights? You said yourself that you have a CCW. I don't understand your issues. So you have to pay for a permit every 5 years, and are only required to prove you can shoot every 5 years. Big deal. Get over it. You must have way too much free time on your hands if you are standing up against the people that are on your side.

After seeing what you have been doing I am going to urge our State Senators and Assemblymen to pass open carry laws to forbid open carry before you mess it up for those of us that are proud to be able to carry CCW to protect ourselves and our families.

You are correct we are trying to make a name for us. A name of being free people to live the life we choose.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

Texan1973 wrote:
Yawn, another infiltrator claiming to do this. Not the first, nor the last.

Remmy

imported post

Vegassteve wrote:
Texan1973 wrote:
<snip>

<snip>

You are correct we are trying to make a name for us. A name of being free people to live the life we choose.
yes yes makes tons of sense ban something that is legal to protect something that is legal. Cause we never get hassled over CCW permits at all why didnt I think of that logic <eyeroll>

imported post

Fellas, throughout history there have been some folks who just don't want true freedom. It requires the courage to do things which are not popular and can often have consequences. Basically, they're cowards and don't appreciate being exposed for what they are.
That is why the NRA (negotiate rights away) has no problem schmoozing millions of dollars from spineless Amerikans.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

imported post

Texan1973 wrote:

Hi Tex,

Welcome to the forum, I will try to make a couple of points. It appears that you have roots in the State of Texas, that State has some of the best gun laws in the country, along with Florida.

Both of those States are missing something of great importance to many Americans, and that something is RIGHTS.

If Your OK with what your State Gives you, fine. But you better be OK with the State being able to take it away.

Our State constitution would have to change, which would take an overwhelming vote, in order to change the direction of our Right to Bear arms, Article 1 section 11 (memory). In Texas it is not a right, it is a privilege.

Please put yourself in the right frame of mind, for this last part.

People do not go give up their life forlaws, as they can be changed, but the constitution is a different story, as millions of Brave men and women have given their lives to defend it. How then do you ridicule our group, that is trying to honor those that served, and preserve the rights they died for?

I am not trying to change your mind, but if you think it is so laughable, don't tell us guys on OCDO, take your case to ARLINGTON NATIONAL CEMETERY and tell them, and their familys,how ridicules theseRIGHTS are. peace !

bookem03

imported post

Don't Tread on me,Well put!!!!! Why do some people think they have the right to talk smack? I also have a CCW,But have educated myself on OC and relize If we don't excerise our rights it won't be long before there gone.If someone doesn't want to OC then don't.Please don't knock those of us who do.I have been issued a CCW so if it was issued it can be taken away.

The Big Guy

imported post

While reading over this again tonight, I was thinking about negativity. I have been personally attacked on several threads regarding posts I've made and very nastily too. My general rule is not to respond to them. Sorta "Don't feed the Bears". There always seems to be enough people coming to my aid anyway. I have no problem with people having diverse points of view, in fact that is healthy discussion. But responding to those that are obviously attempting to stir up conflict gainsus bupkis. As the point was made, one that I use all the time as well, those who resort to finger pointing and name calling do so because they can't with logic and reason, with a command of facts, articulate their point of view. My suggestion, let'em go.

DESERT ATILLA

imported post

Vegassteve wrote:
Texan1973 wrote:

Even as a young teenager (I'm 45 now) , I understood the importance of an armed society. However, the Left has been very successful over these past decadesin demonizing firearms to the point that even the sight of a "Red Rider" is cause for fear and scorn in the general pubic. As for me, I don't OC for sake of "displaying my guns". Eventhough I have a CCW, there are times that CC in inconvenient or uncomfortable. Ignoring the fact that I have a CCW, I believe I am performing a service to our country when I OC. By allowingour fellow citizens see my sidearm, I'm hoping act as a reminder of whatit means to be an American. Furthermore, the more armedlaw-abiding citizens that are seen in everyday situations, the more the stigma offirearms will be deminished and the more effective our fight against the Left's propaganda will be.