• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Posting of illegal no firearms signs

TylerEMT

imported post

I've noticed a lot of places posting signs that are not complient with the new law. Lots of "No weapons", "Firearms Illegal", even a sign that was a page long and super small print about how guns were not allowed and they wouldn't provide storage ect. Anyone else notice?

The signs required by this section shall be composed of block, capital letters printed in black on white laminated paper at a minimum weight of one hundred ten pound index. The lettering and pictogram shall consume a space at least six inches by nine inches. The letters comprising the wordS "No firearms allowed" shall be at least three‑fourths of a vertical inch and all other letters shall be at least one‑half of a vertical inch.

F.This section does not prohibit a person who possesses a handgun from entering the licensed premises for a limited time for the specific purpose of either:

1.Seeking emergency aid.

2.Determining whether a sign has been posted pursuant to subsection A of this section.

protector84

imported post

Since the signs are not properly posted or within the required guidelines, it means that you cannot be held to them legally. The signs, however, do represent the management's wishes so basically they do apply to the rules of the establishment. Violating such signage will not result in arrest but you would likely be asked to leave the establishment.

Thoreau

imported post

TylerEMT wrote:
I've noticed a lot of places posting signs that are not complient with the new law. Lots of "No weapons", "Firearms Illegal", even a sign that was a page long and super small print about how guns were not allowed and they wouldn't provide storage ect. Anyone else notice?

The signs required by this section shall be composed of block, capital letters printed in black on white laminated paper at a minimum weight of one hundred ten pound index. The lettering and pictogram shall consume a space at least six inches by nine inches. The letters comprising the wordS "No firearms allowed" shall be at least three‑fourths of a vertical inch and all other letters shall be at least one‑half of a vertical inch.

F.This section does not prohibit a person who possesses a handgun from entering the licensed premises for a limited time for the specific purpose of either:

1.Seeking emergency aid.

2.Determining whether a sign has been posted pursuant to subsection A of this section.
Every one of those signs is still entirely valid as it is a property owner's right to prohibit firearms, regardless of the newest law.

The 'requirements' for signage apply ONLY to places that serve alcohol. Even if the specs are not met, the sign still stands as a standard issue gunbuster in that they can ask you to leave, and if you refuse, it's trespassing (just like it's always been everywhere else.) The only purpose of the specific signs for alcohol serving establishments is to allow immediate prosecution as ignoring those signs puts you in direct violation of a law vs. violation of a 'rule.'

Edit: Pretty much what Protector84 said =)

lostone1413

imported post

Now if you brush up on your Spanish you'd know that No Weapons Allowed is Spanish for Concealed Carry.

Far be it for me to tell someone to break the law. That is between you and your creator. I will tell you this. Their our many in the Grave Yard who at that last second wished that they had broke the law. Their also our many who had to carry on be it a spouse or a child who wishes that they would have over looked the law that one time.

Once again what you do is up to your consciences . I for one know what I will do and for me that is all that matters

protector84

imported post

Basically, the improperly posted signs are as valid as a sign that says "No skateboarding, no green t-shirts, no gum chewing, etc." There are no laws against those things and the police couldn't do anything at all about it if you did those things anyway. All it means is that if you violate the rules of the establishment, they can ask you to leave. Obviously, if you refuse to leave they can call the police and you could be cited for trespassing.

As to the liquor signs, if the gun is well concealed and you keep your mouth shut about it, what they don't know can't hurt them or you.

I've CCed in schools, state buildings, and airports and since nobody knew, nobody cared. Should the crap have hit the fan (i.e. someone walked in and started shooting up the place), I don't believe I would have been arrested for being a national hero.

TylerEMT

imported post

protector84 wrote:
I've CCed in schools, state buildings, and airports and since nobody knew, nobody cared. Should the crap have hit the fan (i.e. someone walked in and started shooting up the place), I don't believe I would have been arrested for being a national hero.
Whats sad is you probably would be arrested... What you have to ask yourself is "Is my lifeworth going to jail for?"

I look at carrying a gun like riding a motorcycle. If you ride a motorcycle you're risking getting seriously hurt in anaccident (more so than a car). If you carry a gun you risk being more likely tokill/ seriously injuresomeone who is trying to kill/hurt you, and therefore more likely to windup in jail for a while or be sued.

GWbiker

imported post

TylerEMT:I look at carrying a gun like riding a motorcycle. If you ride a motorcycle you're risking getting seriously hurt in an accident (more so than a car). If you carry a gun you risk being more likely to kill/ seriously injure someone who is trying to kill/hurt you, and therefore more likely to wind up in jail for a while or be sued.

Where did that come from? Compare riding a motorcycle to carrying a gun. Do you really know what you're talking about?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

GWbiker wrote:
TylerEMT:I look at carrying a gun like riding a motorcycle. If you ride a motorcycle you're risking getting seriously hurt in anaccident (more so than a car). If you carry a gun you risk being more likely tokill/ seriously injuresomeone who is trying to kill/hurt you, and therefore more likely to windup in jail for a while or be sued.
Where did that come from? Compare riding a motorcycle to carrying a gun. Do you really know what you're talking about?
Yeah, I'm a little lost on this one, too. How can you equate stupid people running you over to being able to defend yourself from a much more determined stupid person?

If I am left handed, does this mean that I can give the finger to hot air ballooners without them throwing skunks down on me? <-- It just doesn't have any reason or correlation.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

protector84 wrote:
I ask myself a slightly different question when in the school my son attends.

Is his life worth more than the lies and arrogance of politicians? Yes, you're damn right it is. I'm pissed off at the fact that he is forcibly placed into a location where he an everyone else are totally helpless, and if I have a problem with that, he will be taken from me by force and I will be declared to no longer be his father if I even speak one word against he policy.

So, just shut up and conceal. He's worth it, even if politicians would rather see him dead and used as an excuse to cause even more of the same. Fukc them.