Thread: Richmond Post-Turkey Day OC Breakfast

Post imported post

We'll be having breakfast here

http://yellowpages.mapquest.com/busi...nd%2C+VA+23234

starting at the usual 9:30 sharp-ish.

Look for the grumpy guy with the gun. He'll either be shivering in a rocking chair whinging about how cold it is, or trying to use his beard to fan himself due to the heat wave. In either case, come and join us for food, fellowship and a discussion of the topics of the moment.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

Okay guys, thanks for the recent heads up but I get it!

: )

Breakfast is waayy too early! LOL Even though its close but no : ) If that changes I'll letcha know!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

ClumsyCandy wrote:
    Okay guys, thanks for the recent heads up but I get it!

: )

Breakfast is waayy too early! LOL Even though its close but no : ) If that changes I'll letcha know!
    We'll be there all morning and its OK to wear your slippers.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

I will try to be there if either I: 1) am still awake or 2) wake up in time.

Post imported post

I stop in for some java. I have to get out of there by about 10:30 to finish moving my mother. See you all than.

Post imported post

Curtis wrote:
    Ya wanta wake up call? I've got a few left.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    Curtis wrote:

Yata hey
    4:47 AM and I'm still awake...

Post imported post

Curtis wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:
    Curtis wrote:

Yata hey
    4:47 AM and I'm still awake...

Rrrriing, rriing, shower and coffee time, sunshine.
    Put your feet on the floor, that'll do it.

Yata hey

Post imported post

Curtis made it -coffee helped him perk up. PeterNap and his (much) better half were there early (he said it was too wet to hunt) and he modeledthe "free" sunglasses afterfinding us (Curtis, Grapeshot & me) waiting in line to get signed up for a table. KennyS swore that he moved his mother all the way from the old place to the new place before dropping by for coffee - hope thatGERD gets better, fella.

Besides several true stories, war stories and fairy tales the discussion seemed to focus (using that word very loosely) around the recent VCDL visit to Richmond City Council, the inner workings of the Freedom of Information Act and the Freedom of Information Advisory Council. http://foiacouncil.dls.virginia.gov/

Not to beunmentioned was a certain large-bore - - - would bullet be the proper term? Nope! Insert? Nah, not quite right, either! OK, whatever the proper name might be, it was big and bad. Quite literally it had balls that clanked.:shock: Andwith aregulation hunter orange covering -- possibly for ease of retrieval of any near misses?

Y'all need to come out and hear and see this stuff for yourselves. We do it somewhere in the metro area just about every Saturday.

stay safe.

skidmark

* edited to fix a link. I do NOT know where that incorrect one came from. Yes, I did read it when I saw it was not what I expected to see. No big deal.

"He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

I wish I hadinternet at home I would have made this one.But instead had breakfast at the River City Diner by myself. Oh well....maybe next time.