• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Richmond Post-Turkey Day OC Breakfast

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

We'll be having breakfast here

http://yellowpages.mapquest.com/business/va/richmond/cracker-barrel-old-country-str/0-123657472/?query=Cracker+Barrel&fromSearch=query%3DCracker%2520Barrel%26area%3D23234%26search_submit%3DSearch%26icid%3Doneclick_mapquestyp%26flv%3D1&area=Richmond%2C+VA+23234

starting at the usual 9:30 sharp-ish.

Look for the grumpy guy with the gun. He'll either be shivering in a rocking chair whinging about how cold it is, or trying to use his beard to fan himself due to the heat wave. In either case, come and join us for food, fellowship and a discussion of the topics of the moment.

stay safe.

skidmark

ClumsyCandy

imported post

Okay guys, thanks for the recent heads up but I get it! :lol:

: )

Breakfast is waayy too early! LOL Even though its close but no : ) If that changes I'll letcha know!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ClumsyCandy wrote:
Okay guys, thanks for the recent heads up but I get it! :lol:

: )

Breakfast is waayy too early! LOL Even though its close but no : ) If that changes I'll letcha know!
We'll be there all morning and its OK to wear your slippers.

Yata hey

kennys

imported post

I stop in for some java. I have to get out of there by about 10:30 to finish moving my mother. See you all than.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Curtis wrote:
I will try to be there if either I: 1) am still awake or 2) wake up in time. :lol:
Ya wanta wake up call? I've got a few left.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Curtis wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Curtis wrote:
I will try to be there if either I: 1) am still awake or 2) wake up in time. :lol:
Ya wanta wake up call? I've got a few left.

Yata hey
4:47 AM and I'm still awake...

:uhoh:
Rrrriing, rriing, shower and coffee time, sunshine.
Put your feet on the floor, that'll do it. :)

Yata hey

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Curtis made it -coffee helped him perk up. PeterNap and his (much) better half were there early (he said it was too wet to hunt) and he modeledthe "free" sunglasses afterfinding us (Curtis, Grapeshot & me) waiting in line to get signed up for a table. KennyS swore that he moved his mother all the way from the old place to the new place before dropping by for coffee - hope thatGERD gets better, fella.

Besides several true stories, war stories and fairy tales the discussion seemed to focus (using that word very loosely) around the recent VCDL visit to Richmond City Council, the inner workings of the Freedom of Information Act and the Freedom of Information Advisory Council. http://foiacouncil.dls.virginia.gov/

Not to beunmentioned was a certain large-bore - - - would bullet be the proper term? Nope! Insert? Nah, not quite right, either! OK, whatever the proper name might be, it was big and bad. Quite literally it had balls that clanked.:shock: Andwith aregulation hunter orange covering -- possibly for ease of retrieval of any near misses?

Y'all need to come out and hear and see this stuff for yourselves. We do it somewhere in the metro area just about every Saturday.

stay safe.

skidmark

* edited to fix a link. I do NOT know where that incorrect one came from. Yes, I did read it when I saw it was not what I expected to see. No big deal.