• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man with gun and baby!!!!!

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I waited for Tyguy808 to post the story but haven't heard from him so I'll take point on this one.

Tyguy808 called me to meet him for coffee downtown corner of Railroad and Holly. He was carrying his baby in a snuggy, and told me had a guy comment about his "outfit".

While talking story and drinking coffee, the manager came up to us not upset and kinda laughing about that she just got a call about what she going to do about the guys with the guns, she said she told him she assumed it was legal or we wouldn't be doing it, (or something to that effect) and the guy retorted "But he has a baby!!".

We had a brief discussion about, one reason Ty carries is because he has a baby and open carry etc. And we thanked her for her professionalism in handling the situation. She was very freindly and very professional and had no problem with us and how we chose to carry.

A few minutes after that two police officers arrived, and one was invovled in my prior incident with BPD. He said "you I'm familiar with" and his tone and demeanor was much more positive than before. They both stated they know that we are within our rights and are lawful buthad to check it out. We shook hands, well the one that I haven't had the encounter with before shook my hand, and they left, the manager followed them out the door.

She came back in still smiling and kinda laughing and came up to us and "I wasn't the one the called them."

Ty and I decided when we left to grab the comment cards and write her and the staff at that establishment a great commendation.

....yet the story doesn't end...

I had some business at the courthouse to take care of and figured I would take a picture of the front doors for Richard's post. When finished I was leaving the courthouse when two ladies, told me "You guys should have stayed longer", she was at the same place Ty and I were at. She said the guy kept callling the manager back and asking what she was going to do about us and what is the corporate polices about men with guns and babies, raising his voice enough that she could here the caller. She said the manager was looking for us. She also said we are more than welcome to carry into her restaurant in Ferndale, Cedars Restaraunt and Lounge.

Anyway I had a bank deposit to make so I made it, open carrying of course. Went back to Starbucks, gave the manager my card and told her she continues to be harrassed that she can just have him call me instead. She laughed said thankyou.

Ty can fill out anything I missed or got wrong.

triehl27

imported post

That's great.

I was out the other day with a CCI Blazer "Make them gophers take cover" Shirt on with my 5 year old daughter. Had my .45 on my hip and this lady comes up to me and starts ragging on the shirt and what kind of example I was setting for my daughter. I mentioned

"Let me get this straight you're upset about the shirt but not the firearm on my hip?"

At which point my daughter piped up with
"Well when something bad happens lady you go looking for the cop to show up 15 minutes too late, I'm looking for my dad."

She than looks down and sees the .45 "Oh you're a G.D. cop" and walks away. I never even got to say another word, even though I did try to get her attention again.

My daughter looked at me and said. "She's an idiot daddy, you don't even have a badge" And I just about died laughing.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

trofwa wrote:
That's great.

I was out the other day with a CCI Blazer "Make them gophers take cover" Shirt on with my 5 year old daughter. Had my .45 on my hip and this lady comes up to me and starts ragging on the shirt and what kind of example I was setting for my daughter. I mentioned

"Let me get this straight you're upset about the shirt but not the firearm on my hip?"

At which point my daughter piped up with
"Well when something bad happens lady you go looking for the cop to show up 15 minutes too late, I'm looking for my dad."

She than looks down and sees the .45 "Oh you're a G.D. cop" and walks away. I never even got to say another word, even though I did try to get her attention again.

My daughter looked at me and said. "She's an idiot daddy, you don't even have a badge" And I just about died laughing.
Ice cream for her.

tyguy808

imported post

Dang... you beat me to it. I've been terribly busy the last couple days. My cell stays logged in, so it always looks like I'm online.

The guy in the parking area came to me as I was donning my baby carrier. He says to me, "thats an interesting look" (I assumed that he was giving me grief that I couldn't get the damn thing on properly), he continues " a PISTOL and a baby carrier?" I returned by saying "yeah the pistol goes here (pointing to my hip) and the baby goes here (pointing at the baby carrier) like body armor!" He didn't appreciate that very much and sped away.

The rest of the story goes exactly like SVG put it.

ETA: BTW, I filled out and mailed the comment card, they mail for free! Guys fill em out, they like feedback. And if it don't cost nothing to send, why not?

Another interesting story....

Yesterday my 6-year-old and I rode our bikes to nearby Carl Lobe Park, a few blocks away from my house. We arrived with no complications. A few minutes after my arrival,a woman discretely walked up to me and kinda side-eyed my PT111 Millenium Pro at 3:30. She says to me that shes gonna call the cops, because, "you can't bring a gun to a park!" I said to her "like hell I can't!" She says that shes gonna call the cops because she's not comfortable with a gun near her kids. I tell her that she is free to call them, but, it will take (an average) 14 minutes for the police to arrive. She mumbles something under her breath, then says quite loudly that she's taking her kids to Elizabeth Park (a few blocks away). My son overhears this and asks "Daddy, can we go to Elizabeth Park too?" I said "sure buddy, why not?" We jumped on our bikes and went to the other park. We were there for close to an hour, no sheeple, no cops and no other negative encounters.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

tyguy808 wrote:
She mumbles something under her breath, then says quite loudly that she's taking her kids to Elizabeth Park (a few blocks away). My son overhears this and asks "Daddy, can we go to Elizabeth Park too?" I said "sure buddy, why not?" We jumped on our bikes and went to the other park.
LOL

"I see gun people, EVERYWHERE!"

M

McX

imported post

Glad to see some good news. It's been pretty grim around lately.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

trofwa wrote:
Why draw attention to the gun? You seem to imply that you knew she was referring to the shirt. Why then did you ask that?

Just curious.

Machoduck

imported post

Marshaul, I believe that the only mistake trofwa made was to think that he could ferret out some logic from that woman's head. His question was logical, given that she was certainly capable of seeing that he was armed, thus the dichotomy between her reaction to the shirt and her non-reaction to the pistol. She certainly continued the illogic, assuming from the fact that he had a pistol, that trofwa was a cop (a G.D. cop at that). Educated on the subject at hand, tremendous powers of observation, and logical; she's quite a woman!

MD

sudden valley gunner

imported post

heresolong wrote:
sudden valley gunner wrote:
Tyguy808 called me to meet him for coffee downtown corner of Railroad and Holly.
Hmm. I must have been out of cell phone range cause I never got my call. :(
It was a last minute thing. I was going to call but figured since it was in the morning you were at work, my bad.

CaptainAttila

imported post

What continues to amaze me is that these same people who think we're all potential crazed killers have no problem coming up and provoking a reaction. Liars, fools, or both?

Jeff Hayes

imported post

CaptainAttila wrote:
What continues to amaze me is that these same people who think we're all potential crazed killers have no problem coming up and provoking a reaction. Liars, fools, or both?

I dont know why this would amaze anyone, its just another example of illogical thinking. You cant expectthe antisto be logical when approching us about weapons when they are illogical about weapons the rest of the time. Its kind of like expecrting a meth head to be normalon Sunday it just aint gonna happen.

I am in agreement with you BTW.

Orphan

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

Illogic, or simply knowing that law-abiding gun owners won't shoot them, so they can harass us all they want and get off on it. Though, if we can arrest them criminally for disturbing the peace, etc... and we have them publicly and legally recorded, I'd say give them a nice pair of shiny bracelets and present them to a magistrate.