Thread: Is "Shall Issue" CCW Permit the Door to Open Carry?

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Sons of Liberty's Avatar

Post imported post

Certain individuals seem to be convinced that a more liberal CCW permit scheme is the step that needs to be taken prior to pushing for the removal of open carry restrictions.

I am not convinced that it is.

Check this encounter out with an individual in Michigan who has a CCW permit but is not being allowed to open carry without harrassment. The LEO are convinced that the CCW permit restricts a person to only carry concealed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxMaJKEVTAo

Is this what we have to look forward to with "shall issue" CCW?

How is the NRA helping with this situation?
    Clinging to God & Guns: The Constitution Restoration Project

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Sons of Liberty wrote:
    Certain individuals seem to be convinced that a more liberal CCW permit scheme is the step that needs to be taken prior to pushing for the removal of open carry restrictions.

I am not convinced that it is.

Check this encounter out with an individual in Michigan who has a CCW permit but is not being allowed to open carry without harrassment. The LEO are convinced that the CCW permit restricts a person to only carry concealed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxMaJKEVTAo

Is this what we have to look forward to with "shall issue" CCW?

How is the NRA helping with this situation?
    The Bellingham police tried that tactic with me, they no longer try that tactic. Well at least with me they don't.

I do worry though about some of these very pro concealed guys and organizations, because I sometimes feel their tactics will lose our right to open carry.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

Yes, shall-issue CCW in California gets us defacto Loaded Open Carry in CA - *IF* you are willing/able to get a license, I know many here are not.

In essence it will make us like Washington and provide us with legal exemptions to restrictions.

In particular a CA CCW makes you exempt from GFSZ (626.9), Public Building restrictions (171b) and restrictions against carrying loaded (12031)