• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is "Shall Issue" CCW Permit the Door to Open Carry?

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Certain individuals seem to be convinced that a more liberal CCW permit scheme is the step that needs to be taken prior to pushing for the removal of open carry restrictions.

I am not convinced that it is.

Check this encounter out with an individual in Michigan who has a CCW permit but is not being allowed to open carry without harrassment. The LEO are convinced that the CCW permit restricts a person to only carry concealed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxMaJKEVTAo

Is this what we have to look forward to with "shall issue" CCW?

How is the NRA helping with this situation?

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Sons of Liberty wrote:
Certain individuals seem to be convinced that a more liberal CCW permit scheme is the step that needs to be taken prior to pushing for the removal of open carry restrictions.

I am not convinced that it is.

Check this encounter out with an individual in Michigan who has a CCW permit but is not being allowed to open carry without harrassment. The LEO are convinced that the CCW permit restricts a person to only carry concealed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxMaJKEVTAo

Is this what we have to look forward to with "shall issue" CCW?

How is the NRA helping with this situation?

The Bellingham police tried that tactic with me, they no longer try that tactic. Well at least with me they don't.

I do worry though about some of these very pro concealed guys and organizations, because I sometimes feel their tactics will lose our right to open carry.

mjones

imported post

Yes, shall-issue CCW in California gets us defacto Loaded Open Carry in CA - *IF* you are willing/able to get a license, I know many here are not.

In essence it will make us like Washington and provide us with legal exemptions to restrictions.

In particular a CA CCW makes you exempt from GFSZ (626.9), Public Building restrictions (171b) and restrictions against carrying loaded (12031)