• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Idea to maybe fix blue card problems.

joeschmo

imported post

It seems that police officers in Las Vegas are not properly educated on Clark County's law regarding blue cards and there have been a few issues with them thinking a blue card needs to be carried with the gun, when that is not the case.

I posted the idea on another thread, but why not at least attempt to contact Metro's firearms detail or PIO office encouraging them to push out some blue card training for officers as they did for open carry last month? I know letters have been written to the county commission, but unlike other areas, they have zero say in what the police department does and repealing the law is a LONG ways out.

I think everyone would benefit from this - citizens of the community and police officers. I know I'm in the minority here, but having known a few, I truly believe that 99% of police officers are good people who aren't out to get anyone. Many are simply uneducated from the beginning on certain laws and therefore try to enforce them improperly. It seems that maybe politely speaking with Metro about the issue would show that OC'ers, as a group, are not out to et police officers in trouble either - they just want their rights respected.

While it may take some time, I don't see it as a bad thing. Either way, it's another idea and a slightly different approach to fighting this than baiting officers into stopping you and then filing a complaint and a lawsuit, but instead sort of a preventative measure to hopefully cease the problem before it continues or grows.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I love the idea. You may be right that repealing registration is far more difficult than merely asking the police to retrain on the blue card law.

Do you want to take the lead in contacting PIO and Firearms? If not, I don't mind making a few calls.

Tim

DON`T TREAD ON ME

imported post

I to will try again, however I have to emphasize the AGAIN. I have contacted METRO the PIO, the ccw/firearms detail, they all admit that it is not required, and then go into there song and dance about well you carry your drivers license with you, what is so hard about carrying a card with you.

they never want to talk / acknowledgethe threats that occur in upon demand of the card. :cuss:

that is why I contacted the county commissioners. and have been studying there format on channel 4

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I contacted the Sgt at PIO and am awaiting his response. He's usually very responsive so hopefully within the next day or two I'll have something to be able to share with you.