• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Comer To the Forum!

woody510

imported post

I'm out of contra costa county, EL Sobrante which is considered by the county an unincorperated area. Can anyone enlighten me about the OC law in my area as i am between san pablo and richmond which are two very high crime areas with lots of unpleasent characters and tweekers looking to rob you blind, there has been a lot of B&E's in my area lately, three of them within 5 miles of my home one was a very old woman bound and gaged by 4 masked individuals, i have a few friends that are interested in OC with myself and would like to start informing other citizens in the area of the OC laws in our area if we are certain it is perfectly legal. i'm pretty tight with my neighbors they know i own firearms and we have went to the range once or twice together. I would just like to make it a little safer in my community and i feel a visual deterrent is the best way to express this. thank you

demnogis

imported post

First, Welcome to OCDO!

All of the applicable laws pertaining to Open Carry can be found at http://www.californiaopencarry.org. There are applicable laws, educational memos to Law Enforcement Agencies and tri-fold pamphlets you can print out to hand out.

There is also a wealth of information for newbies in this thread. This Page will also be a great source for State laws to reference.

Since you are in an unincorporated territory, it may be possible to Loaded Open Carry, but that wholly depends on if your county or city has am ordinance prohibiting loaded firearms or prohibiting discharging firearms. If so, you will have to Loaded/Unloaded Open Carry within the letter of that ordinance.

Before you decide to start Open Carrying, do read this thread here: Please Do Not UOC At This Time. We are currently in the middle of a very large battle in the courts to have the Second Amendment of the Bill of Rights incorporated against our state. California does not have a second amendment or any semblance thereof in the state constitution. Just something to really, really, really, really think about before you strap up and head out. As a community we have not been promoting or condoning Solo OC, group events have been something planned out ad-nauseum as to not break any laws (626.9/GFSZ) and be sure we're in apathetic or non-restrictive areas.

Glad to see another person interested in educating the populace about their rights, even in a high-crime area! An armed society is a polite society. When criminals learn there are dire consequences for crime, they change occupations! Lead by example, and carry on!

cato

imported post

Welcome!

I second demnogisand also recommend for you to read, read, and read some more!

art work by Oleg Volk:

woody510

imported post

So I have found some videos on youtube that where so help full and really walk you through how to deal with different levels of hostility, what to do and not to do and what to expect from the police when you UOC some awsome videos and I was hoping to get to a couple meets just to see how things are and be there as witness and pass out info to the public in hopes to take the learning experience back to my community and pass the knowledge to my friends and family

dfy

imported post

I live in El Sobrante and find your description of your situation similar to mine. My house was burglarized, and my neighbor's house was hot prowled. Another neighbor had both his cars stolen one Sunday night, one Wednesday night,another car ransacked Wed night. Code violation enforcement evicted a house full of tweakers on the next block. We have neighborhood watch group and I exposed myself to holding the opinion that a local implementation of homeland security can be effected by firearms ownership by responsible citizens who undergo firearms training.

demnogis

imported post

Good man! That is "responsible gun ownership" in my eyes. Check out www.appleseedinfo.org for some exquisite marksmanship training - with a good touch of revolutionary war history. Even if 2 out of 10 of your neighbors attend, thats 2 more well trained people to aid in the defense of your neighbors.

I would much rather be in a community that watches out for eachother than one that would rather look the other way or play ostritch.

dfy wrote:
I live in El Sobrante and find your description of your situation similar to mine. My house was burglarized, and my neighbor's house was hot prowled. Another neighbor had both his cars stolen one Sunday night, one Wednesday night,another car ransacked Wed night. Code violation enforcement evicted a house full of tweakers on the next block. We have neighborhood watch group and I exposed myself to holding the opinion that a local implementation of homeland security can be effected by firearms ownership by responsible citizens who undergo firearms training.