Thread: Boulder city

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Did Boulder city end up modifying its code to comply with the new preemption law or they still enforce the gun ban in vehicles and open carrying. I am heading to LV next month and will be Open carrying in many places.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Please see this thread

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...ighlight=olsen

City Attorney Dave Olsen has agreed preemption overrides their local ban. However, the ordinance does remain "on the books". See Boulder City Municipal Code 7-1-3.

Tim

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I can tell you that I personally talked with an officer in Boulder City about their weapons laws during their "Art in the Park" event a few months back. I mentioned to him that I have a Nevada CCW and wanted clarity in the BC laws.

He informed me that their department recieved an email from their City Attorney instructing them about the preemption law.He told methat we would be okay to carry our weapons as we would in Vegas, including in our vehicles. There was another officer with him at the time and he did not refute the information.

Will they follow this? Hard to say but it sounded like a positive step....

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Thanks for this feedback. The last I heard was from the City Attorney more than a year ago, so it's very positive to hear that following that communication with him, he did something with it and contacted the police department.

Post imported post

timf343 wrote:
    Thanks for this feedback. The last I heard was from the City Attorney more than a year ago, so it's very positive to hear that following that communication with him, he did something with it and contacted the police department.
    It makes sense though. If he won't be pressing charges on anyone arrested for it, the police would want to know, as they don't like wasting time arresting people for something that won't go anywhere. It also helps that BCPD is a small department, which makes it easier to get the info out to all officers.