• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carrier Meets Kenosha Sheriff Deputy In My Home

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Just wanted everyone to know my most recent encounter with law enforcement while open carrying. I carry in my home 24/7 and never think much about it on my side. It is part of my daily wear items which also include my Creative Labs VADO. (for those times when you need to record something)

Deputy sheriff comes to my home a few nights ago to serve civil court documents (those pesky ex's just never go away. Do they? LOL.). Anyway, I open the door and see it is a young deputy who immediately asks "Are you in law enforcement?" as he eyes my Glock in my Blackhawk Serpa holster. My reply was "Noooope". He then said "OooK". I know he was shocked but obviously informed enough to know what I was doing was 100% legal. That was about it.

He should have been prepared though if he had read Janet Napolitano's report on us Veteran's and Right Wing Extremists. I have the American flag and two "Don't Tread On Me" flags flying from the front of my house. Heck, he practically had to brush the big white flag out of the way to get to my front door.

Not much folks but something to share.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!:dude:

Geoff

imported post

Being that close to the border, I'm surprised he didn't ask for your FOID. ha ha!

I'm glad to read the officer was smart enough to know you weren't doing anything wrong, and that you weren't given any grief about it.

Geoff