• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pro-gun (mostly) article in Seventeen Magazine

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

gun001.jpg

gun002.jpg

gun003.jpg

gun-1.jpg

CO-Joe

imported post

That's a pretty darn good article, one which I would have never imaged being in Seventeen of all places. And all the youngns have their trigger fingers properly indexed! Bravo!

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Mostly good article, some of those statistics are encouraging about number of kids that have shot or used guns.

P.S. Why were you reading 17? LOL:lol:

KBCraig

imported post

Wow.

I've always suspected the readership of Seventeen were more likely to be 14 than 19, so the survey numbers surprise me.

It's good to see, though.

joshuaeberly

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Mostly good article, some of those statistics are encouraging about number of kids that have shot or used guns.

P.S. Why were you reading 17? LOL:lol:

encouraging, but not good enough.
let's take that from 45% to 75% this year. get your friends on board.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Did you all notice in the "What you think" insert, that both girls are terribly misinformed in their opinions?

The pro-gun girl thinks she will be able to "disarm a shooter by shooting them in the arm." She been watching to much TV, right?

The anti-gun girl parrots the usual Brady Bunch rhetoric. Doesn't know how to think for herself.

Over all, though, it's an encouraging article.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Did you all notice in the "What you think" insert, that both girls are terribly misinformed in their opinions?

The pro-gun girl thinks she will be able to "disarm a shooter by shooting them in the arm." She been watching to much TV, right?
Probably, instead of making a subtle reference to some shootings where the weapon-holding hand of the assailant is hit instead of COM. One of those happened in San Diego a few years back. BG waved a knife, cop shot him in the hand.

Sealgar

imported post

Well, I did my part this weekend. I went to a friends farm to eat fajitas and refine her shooting. There were 6 women there including a 19 year old that had never fired a gun. They all shot and enjoyed themselves a great deal. All but one wants to get a pistol, and most want a CHL also. Even though the 19 yr old didn't want to shoot anymore, she was pleased that she outshot her equally inexperienced boyfriend, and came a way with a positive feeling about the whole thing.

Sealgar

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:

The anti-gun girl parrots the usual Brady Bunch rhetoric. Doesn't know how to think for herself.

I feel in real life encounter that thinking goes out the window she is going to be pointing and shooting at the perp as many times as possible.

darthmord

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:

I feel in real life encounter that thinking goes out the window she is going to be pointing and shooting at the perp as many times as possible.
It's amazing what Self-Preservation will make a person do to stay alive. A lot of politics and rhetoric go flying out the window.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

darthmord wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:

It's amazing what Self-Preservation will make a person do to stay alive. A lot of politics and rhetoric go flying out the window.
Yep even from trained professionals.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

simmonsjoe wrote:
EVERYONE MISSED THE BIGGEST PROBLEM HERE

Haw can 19 year old cutie SARAH afford a $1,200 Five-seveN ?!?!?!?!?!

At least they didn't call it a cop killer.
LOL I missed that ID!

Show me a (non-squirt, rubber-band, stun, BB) gun that cannot be used to kill a cop and I'll show you a unicorn.

Gordie

imported post

McX wrote:
A Pink Pistol?

Sure, why not? It's not any less useful,costs no more to make than any other color, and many women like it. Women are willing to spend good money on something that they want, especially if it makes it more "theirs" (just look at clothing), and so the smartmanufacturers are going to supply it.

I'm sure that I'll be getting one for each ofmy daughters whenthe time comes.

Hendu024

imported post

Gordie wrote:
McX wrote:
A Pink Pistol?

Sure, why not? It's not any less useful,costs no more to make than any other color, and many women like it. Women are willing to spend good money on something that they want, especially if it makes it more "theirs" (just look at clothing), and so the smartmanufacturers are going to supply it.

I'm sure that I'll be getting one for each ofmy daughters whenthe time comes.
Female camo.

Marco

imported post

simmonsjoe wrote:
Haw can 19 year old cutie SARAH afford a $1,200 Five-seveN ?!?!?!?!?!
I can tell by this statement you aren't a parent.:lol:

[line]

Many pro-gun organizations sponsor range days to introduce new shooters to a variety of firearms (guns are loaned to the group by members).

Maybe it is an outdoor range that has rental guns?

A friend of mine teaches a monthly Basic Intro to firearms with a range day included, at least once every few months I'd head out with him and provide a variety of firearms for people to shoot.
The majority of women preferred the FN 5.7, FS 1911 and Glock 20, go figure.