• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pro-gun (mostly) article in Seventeen Magazine

KansasMustang

imported post

I think 17 Mag did a good job. They didn't use any slant to state both sides, but as aforementioned the anti side can't think for herself and I'm wondering where they got the stats of "276" killed or wounded every day". But my daughters know how to shoot and the youngest has her own pistol, the eldest is in the process of determining which one she likes best (even tho' her old Dad has told her what he thinks). The youngest I have no doubt would go for Center Mass, the eldest has a soft heart, and I've told her on numerous occasions if she can't kill, don't buy nor carry.
But as I said I think all in all 17 Magazine did a decent job with the article.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Did you all notice in the "What you think" insert, that both girls are terribly misinformed in their opinions?

The pro-gun girl thinks she will be able to "disarm a shooter by shooting them in the arm." She been watching to much TV, right?

The anti-gun girl parrots the usual Brady Bunch rhetoric. Doesn't know how to think for herself.

Over all, though, it's an encouraging article.
Well after all these are (allegedly) teenaged females :quirky Of course their responses are going to be somewhat jejune.

However, if a hair-pulling eye scratching girl-fight starts between the two of them, dollars to donuts the Brady Girl wil be the one who starts it. After all, the Bradyites are only against GUN violence.