• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Visiting NE for the holidays

gollbladder13

imported post

I know that I can't obtain a permit to carry concealed in NE. If I do bring my gun(s), they'll probably stay in the safe in my hotel room anyways.

So, even though this is OCDO, I was wondering if somebody could point me in the right direction for where to obtain information on other self-defense tools (edged-weapons, OC spray, etc).

Thanks!

gollbladder13

imported post

I'm not so worried about carrying in public since the majority of the time will be on private residence.

What about hotels? I plan on obeying all interstate transport laws. This will include from my car to my hotel room.

Let's say I change my mind... depending on where I am, I can open carry in NE as a WI resident? Without any permit?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

gollbladder13 wrote:
I'm not so worried about carrying in public since the majority of the time will be on private residence.

What about hotels? I plan on obeying all interstate transport laws. This will include from my car to my hotel room.

Let's say I change my mind... depending on where I am, I can open carry in NE as a WI resident? Without any permit?
As you can tell, not many Ne. people active here. :( Info is pretty thin as Ne. is fairly new to activism/supporters of RKBA.

As I understand it the western part of the state is fairly relaxed. Big city LEOs may not be so.

Motels - if no rule forbidding are posted good - should be good to go under Fed. Interstate Travel law. Gotta let you use your imagination/ingenuity.

Your Wisconsin permit is not recognized.
http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/nebraska.pdf

See: http://www.opencarry.org/maps.html for some limited OC info in Ne.
Other searches come up empty.

Not much help I'm afraid.

Yata hey

gollbladder13

imported post

Grapeshot, thanks for the info you provided.

I'm going to be in the Omaha area, so I'll probably just keep my gun in my hotel room.

"Your WI permit is not recognized"

If only we had permits! I'd rather have VT or AK style, but right now we have no permit open carry.

Thanks for the info.

Stay safe.

-Golls

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

gollbladder13 wrote:
Grapeshot, thanks for the info you provided.

I'm going to be in the Omaha area, so I'll probably just keep my gun in my hotel room.

"Your WI permit is not recognized"

If only we had permits! I'd rather have VT or AK style, but right now we have no permit open carry.

Thanks for the info.

Stay safe.

-Golls
I was born and raised in Omaha - Central grad. - go Eagles!

Omaha LE is quite unfriendly these days, I've read and heard.

Reference to permit was intended for CC.

Have a great trip.

----Grape

Squeak

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
As you can tell, not many Ne. people active here. :( Info is pretty thin as Ne. is fairly new to activism/supporters of RKBA.

As I understand it the western part of the state is fairly relaxed. Big city LEOs may not be so.

Motels - if no rule forbidding are posted good - should be good to go under Fed. Interstate Travel law. Gotta let you use your imagination/ingenuity.

Your Wisconsin permit is not recognized.
http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/nebraska.pdf

See: http://www.opencarry.org/maps.html for some limited OC info in Ne.
Other searches come up empty.

Not much help I'm afraid.

Yata hey
I've never seen that map! Thanks. I'll be on the Harley from WA to central NE. Going thru OR, ID,UT,WY. From what the map says, I'll be O.K. if I keep my weapon VISABLE. Your thoughts? Opps! Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Squeak wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
I've never seen that map! Thanks. I'll be on the Harley from WA to central NE. Going thru OR, ID,UT,WY. From what the map says, I'll be O.K. if I keep my weapon VISABLE. Your thoughts? Opps! Yata hey
Best to make a more careful study of each state and their laws.

Utah for example is a licensed (permit required) open carry state.

You might want to add this to your reading:
http://www.nraila.org/recmap/usrecmap.aspx

Yata hey