• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

news media pullling for anti gunners.

seattleric007

Banned
imported post

I just heard on Kiro radio that a 20 something white male was gunned downon Columbia street in Seattle last night. The reporter interviewed 3 people all who where describing the three gun shotand the body laying in the street. Very emotive report. The next report was about the guy who went into the community center with a gun and filed a suit. They had a sound bite of him saying the gun ban was illegal. I walked away from this remembering the same tactic being used in California to pass gun control legislation by playing on the emotion/heart strings of the public, by slanting the news. They don't report it the other way. Gun owner saves life, followed by anti gunner trying to pass anti gun law or trumpetting existting gun control law. They are winning hearts and minds and what are we doing?:cry:

FunkTrooper

imported post

seattleric007 wrote:
I just heard on Kiro radio that a 20 something white male was gunned downon Columbia street in Seattle last night. The reporter interviewed 3 people all who where describing the three gun shotand the body laying in the street. Very emotive report. The next report was about the guy who went into the community center with a gun and filed a suit. They had a sound bite of him saying the gun ban was illegal. I walked away from this remembering the same tactic being used in California to pass gun control legislation by playing on the emotion/heart strings of the public, by slanting the news. They don't report it the other way. Gun owner saves life, followed by anti gunner trying to pass anti gun law or trumpetting existting gun control law. They are winning hearts and minds and what are we doing?:cry:
Well not much but news media as they are today is dieing about all they have left is to get in bed with government. They'll trade what honesty they have left for our tax dollars in return they'll do stories in favor of more Government control. While that happens most people will turn to the internet until the FCC gets a hold of it.

amzbrady

imported post

Heard an interesting ad on the radio. It was about how gun crimes hurt more than just the victims. Had what sounded like an underprivledged mexican that had commited a crime with a gun and how it hurt his family because he wasnt there to support them because he was in jail(like she cant go to the mailbox to get the welfare check). Last I checked all crimes hurt more than the victims. Do gun crimes get more jail time than knife crimes? Someone who knows where the info can be got, should do a study to see how many knife crimes were commited last year vs how many gun crimes were committed.

FunkTrooper

imported post

In some states using a gun in a crime get you a mandatory 10 years added to your sentence the same government ad played in my state only it was a black guy talking about it.

tyguy808

imported post

Guys,

This is WASHINGTON!!!! one of the most LIBERAL states in the entire union. Of course they're gonna say guns are bad, that guns kill people. They're also gonna say that we should give our money to the poor, pull our troops out of all war zones and that we should be "friends" with China. Unfortunately, this is where we call home. The media is gonna say those things, it is our job to retort against these fallosies.

We need to go out and inform the public, EVERYDAY. I carry everyday and it seems as though I get questioned everyday. Most times its good, they wanna know their rights, what the media won't tell them. Other times you get the flaming wimp that won't hear a damn word you're saying. Just go out and tell the people of their rights, some will listen.

-tyguy808

ETA: The guy outside the coffee shop was nearly on fire! :lol::lol::lol:

ETA II: Wow, this thing is self editing!!! I used a 3 letter word that rhymes with bag instead of "wimp".

amlevin

imported post

When will the news media get the message that is proven day after day, that guns used in crime are almost always illegally obtained and/or illegally possessed.

IMHO, every time a news outlet puts out more "gun control will eliminate violence" tripe, we should all pick up the phone or send them e-mails pointing out what police investigations reveal about these crimes. The only reason the "anti's" are making a splash with the media is that those that care about their gun rights only complain in forums like this. That's fine but how about taking it to the medial? Fill their e-mail boxes and their voice-mail boxes. Go ahead and bitch here but finish the job. Pick up the phone. Also, a couple of well written "Letters to the Editor" will also help. Yes, they to print them from time to time, especially if there are a lot expressing the same sentiment.

What is it about our society that always wants to "let the other guy get involved"?

joeroket

imported post

amlevin wrote:
When will the news media get the message that is proven day after day, that guns used in crime are almost always illegally obtained and/or illegally possessed. 

They know that they are almost never obtained legally. The real question, I think, should be;

When will the news media give the message that is proven day after day, that guns used in crime are almost always illegally obtained and/or illegally possessed.

seattleric007

Banned
imported post

Yes amlevin you get it. I need to post the phone numbers for the media here, if anyone has any put them on here. When you here them make a mistake in a story or lie about a gun, post here and we all call. Last nite I was driving home and a heard kiro say that the traffic in Seattle is the worst in the country, I knew this was a lie, and I guess someone complained because Kiro reversed the story this morning. The reason I started this thread is because the media lieing is what took my gun rights away in California, and I need you to understand this and take action. This is where they will beat us. Public opinion swayed by propoganda will change laws. So lets get organized on this and beat the snot out of these lier's.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

seattleric007 wrote:
Yes amlevin you get it. I need to post the phone numbers for the media here, if anyone has any put them on here. When you here them make a mistake in a story or lie about a gun, post here and we all call. Last nite I was driving home and a heard kiro say that the traffic in Seattle is the worst in the country, I knew this was a lie, and I guess someone complained because Kiro reversed the story this morning. The reason I started this thread is because the media lieing is what took my gun rights away in California, and I need you to understand this and take action. This is where they will beat us. Public opinion swayed by propoganda will change laws. So lets get organized on this and beat the snot out of these lier's.
Posting the phone numbers is actually not a bad Idea. When they mistate something, and are inundated by phonecall pointing out the error, they might be a little more careful in their reporting.

seattleric007

Banned
imported post

Last year the media ran a story about some assualt rifle in a car being confiscated, they showed the gun and it was a shot gun, they aired this at 5pm, we called and by 11pm they had changed it to a shotgun. This tactic does work.

amzbrady

imported post

The bradybill site on facebook is posting that the 2 guns used in the massacre of the 4 officers, were obtained legally, but they didnot say where they were obtained, gun show, private dealer, or in what state. They revoked my privlage to comment after my last post. so I cant ask anymore questions.

joeroket

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
The bradybill site on facebook is posting that the 2 guns used in the massacre of the 4 officers, were obtained legally, but they did not say where they were obtained, gun show, private dealer, or in what state. They revoked my privlage to comment after my last post. so I cant ask anymore questions.

The 38spl that was left at the scene was reported stolen out of Seattle. No one has reported anything about the 9mm that was used.