• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anybody here have a FFL?

EM87

imported post

I ask because I'm considering buying a rifle online but don't want to pay a lot of money to have it transferred through a business like On Target.

Is there anyone here who could help me out for less than I would be charged elsewhere?

autosurgeon

imported post

I have an 03 or Curio and relic FFL it allows me to collect guns that are on the curio and relic list. I can order them from wholesalers at wholesale prices and have them shipped to the house. Or I can buy them from an indevidual anywhere in the country and they can ship them to me directly.

I cannot make a profit doing this or be in a business I can only sell guns that I purchase with this license to further my collection or in a way that do not make a profit nor make a majority of my income for the year from doing so.

An 03 costs 30.00 for three years... IO paid for it on the first gun I purchased from a wholesaler.

An 01 is a dealer license and allows a person to be in the business of buyingselling firearms for profit.

autosurgeon

imported post

Some info regarding a FFL 03

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/curios/index.htm

http://www.atf.gov/dcof/index.htmgo here to get the application forms for the FFL 03

Click the radio button on the right for this item (F 5310.16 (F7CR) - Application for License (Collector of Curios and Relics) Under 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44, Firearms

Fill out the rest of the form and it will be mailed to you.

Bronson

imported post

Chuck at Southern Michigan Arms in Battle Creek will doan interstate transferfor $25.00. I've gone through him before and he was helpful and patient since the guy I was buying it from kept screwing up. Chuck received it while I was out of town on a business trip and even met me on a Sun. to complete the txfer when I got back into town.

The last time I checked with On Target they charge $50.00 if they will even do it. The owner has to approve any transfers and if it's something they can get for you they'd rather do that than be the paperwork pony for somebody else's sale. I don't know about D&R or MC Sports on Drake Rd. but you could give them a call ...MC has always been pretty helpful.

Bronson

EM87

imported post

Hey Bronson, I've been meaning to tell you that I ran into someone who knows you.

You posted that you do interiors on corporate jets and I know you live in Battle Creek, so when I toured Duncan Aviation for a WMU aviation class of mine I asked the tour guide if he knew you. Shawn Busby - nice guy. Thought that was pretty cool.

Phoenixphire

Campaign Veteran
imported post

So, completely off-topic...

Bronson, I live here in BC, working at Firekeeper's.

Just moved up here for the job.

Would love to meet up with you guys sometime; get to know some folks around here.

EM87

imported post

I could make the drive to BC if we planned a little get-together. Not a huge gathering, but if we could get members from the area to show up for lunch or something, that would be cool.

Bronson

imported post

mastiff69 wrote:
How about we all meet at denny's in battle creek exist 97 just off the highway ?

If you guys don't mind me joining in :uhoh:

Sounds good to me. I normally can't get together on the weekends because that's when I work but most anytime on Tue., Wed., or Thu.is doable for me.

I'm off work tomorrow but I'm headin' up to G.R. to go shooting with a friend at the Silver Bullet--I've never been there before.

Bronson

mikestilly

imported post

I was thinking about applying for a FFL but I'm unsure as to the city ordnances or zoning or anything like that limited where such a business can be. Ive search Warren City code, MCL, and have not found anything specific .. Anyone know if any of these requirements?