• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lets talk LUCC

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I will be moving to CA in early Jan and I want to have a pistol with me at all times. I know the law on UOC pretty well, and generally OC here in VA on a regular basis, but I've read Cato's opinion on holding off on UOC until incorporation and pretty much agree with his reasoning.

So that leaves me with getting a CCW (which I understand is not likely in Monterey) or LUCCing. I intend to try to get a CCW, but will be LUCCing it until then.

So those of you that LUCC, what do you use? Is a soft sided case legal for LUCC, I'm having trouble finding the applicable code. If so, I'm going to buy the Maxpedition Versipak and modify it with a few metal bits to attach a lock.
I realize its basically a man purse, but I'm secure in my manhood and I will be in California, after all :lol:

So if you LUCC, please share any tips you may have and what you use to LUCC.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The law says "secure".

Soft-sided is fine, if it's locked and the sides will maintain their integrity to basic assault.

This is what I use. I put it in my laptop bag (also kind of a man-purse), and people think a laptop is what I've got in it (which I may, although rarely actually do).

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...h-box.jsp.form1&Go.x=0&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1

The large size is big enough to fit my fullsize 1911 and 1 mag.

Others use an attache case.

Gundude

imported post

Reverend73 wrote:
I will be moving to CA in early Jan and I want to have a pistol with me at all times. I know the law on UOC pretty well, and generally OC here in VA on a regular basis, but I've read Cato's opinion on holding off on UOC until incorporation and pretty much agree with his reasoning.

So that leaves me with getting a CCW (which I understand is not likely in Monterey) or LUCCing. I intend to try to get a CCW, but will be LUCCing it until then.

So those of you that LUCC, what do you use? Is a soft sided case legal for LUCC, I'm having trouble finding the applicable code. If so, I'm going to buy the Maxpedition Versipak and modify it with a few metal bits to attach a lock.
I realize its basically a man purse, but I'm secure in my manhood and I will be in California, after all :lol:

So if you LUCC, please share any tips you may have and what you use to LUCC.
Here is a link to my answer for LUCC (if LUCC means "locked up concealed carry"). If LUCC means something else, please disregard this post. btw, this safe is especially good for gfsz's. Priced at about $12.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=95814

cato

imported post

You want to read PC 12025, 12026, 12026.1a, 12026.2a, 12027, 12031, 626.9, 626.95,171b&c, and 417to begin with ;).

Looking forward to having your experience and council once you're in CA.

Montery is beautiful but very liberal like NoVa.

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
I use a basic poly/plastic hard case with a small 3-digit combo lock.

For plenty of great info and discussion, check the following CalGuns.net thread:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=163061

IMO, LUCC is the way to go for now.

Great thread, read all 24 pages. Thank you

Cato, thanks for the applicable codes. I think I have a solid grasp of the laws pertaining to LUCC now.

Heading to Extreme Outfitters now to pick up my man purse :uhoh:

cato

imported post

You bringing any CA "AWs" like AR-15, M1A (with "flashhidder" - ya I know:banghead:), AK, FAL, any pistol with threaded barrel, some semi-auto shotguns etc...

Some you can bring with modifications and others have to be left out of state.

see Calguns.net flowcharts:

rifles

handguns

shotguns

BUY THIS]http://gunlawpress.com/]THIS BOOK [/url]on CA laws

You also need to register your "personally imported handguns" within CA DOJafter arrival. You cancan bring in pistols whichare not on our "Roster ofNot Unsafe Handguns" andthen PPT if you want. Might be able to may a nice penny and help out a Californian get something they can't otherwise. I'd inquire over at Calguns.net for the popular models.

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I was thinking of bringing some of my "AW"s since military members can still get an AW permit, but its not worth the hassle since you still can't bring in normal capacity magazines (ie greater than 10 rounds). As it stands I'm just bringing my M1 Garand and a butt ton of ammo--along with a few pistols.