Thread: Positive OC experience at Panera in Cary

Post imported post

Meant to post this a while back, but totally forgot until now. I had a positive OC experience at the Panera on Walnut Street earlier this year. Was visiting w/a friend to get some work done over lunch. Ordered a sandwich, sat down, and was halfway through it when a male patron walked up and asked very politely about what I was doing. It was obvious he was just curious if it was legal or not. I briefly explained the legality issues and he thanked me and walked away. Overall, a very pleasant interaction, though I wish I had given him an information card or a link to this site... or something. Now I carry info cards in my wallet at all times so as to be better prepared.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

That brings up a great idea, business card with OPENCARRY.ORG on the front and a quick reference/cheat card on the back of the laws pertinent to a particular state for open carry, in our case for NC. That would be pretty cool.

Post imported post

tekshogun wrote:
    That brings up a great idea, business card with OPENCARRY.ORG on the front and a quick reference/cheat card on the back of the laws pertinent to a particular state for open carry, in our case for NC. That would be pretty cool.
    That is a fantastic idea ! With Vista printing you can get cards printed for $1.99

Glad to hear Cary is acting nice to open carry folks. We need to have a open carry dinner in Fuquay Varina sometime. The police there tend to harass open carry folks and we need to stand our ground .

Post imported post

Check out the VA forum and look up Ed (screen name). He made up some OC cards for the VA laws, and it came out really nice. He also was nice enough to send me 100 or so to hand out. I'm sure if you PM'd him he would show you the template and stuff like that.

Side note: I use 123print.com for my business, they have really good deals as well.

Post imported post

I had actually seen Ed's cards too and made up some of my own. They're not fancy and I hope to improve them eventually, but they serve their purpose for now. I keep a few in my wallet to hand out when people have questions.

See this thread to download the cards:
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...436979#p436979

McX

Post imported post

A win! made my day anyway.............