• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Positive OC experience at Panera in Cary

glockaholic

imported post

Meant to post this a while back, but totally forgot until now. I had a positive OC experience at the Panera on Walnut Street earlier this year. Was visiting w/a friend to get some work done over lunch. Ordered a sandwich, sat down, and was halfway through it when a male patron walked up and asked very politely about what I was doing. It was obvious he was just curious if it was legal or not. I briefly explained the legality issues and he thanked me and walked away. Overall, a very pleasant interaction, though I wish I had given him an information card or a link to this site... or something. Now I carry info cards in my wallet at all times so as to be better prepared.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

That brings up a great idea, business card with OPENCARRY.ORG on the front and a quick reference/cheat card on the back of the laws pertinent to a particular state for open carry, in our case for NC. That would be pretty cool.

no carry permit ?

imported post

tekshogun wrote:
That brings up a great idea, business card with OPENCARRY.ORG on the front and a quick reference/cheat card on the back of the laws pertinent to a particular state for open carry, in our case for NC. That would be pretty cool.

That is a fantastic idea ! With Vista printing you can get cards printed for $1.99

Glad to hear Cary is acting nice to open carry folks. We need to have a open carry dinner in Fuquay Varina sometime. The police there tend to harass open carry folks and we need to stand our ground .

Hendu024

imported post

Check out the VA forum and look up Ed (screen name). He made up some OC cards for the VA laws, and it came out really nice. He also was nice enough to send me 100 or so to hand out. I'm sure if you PM'd him he would show you the template and stuff like that.

Side note: I use 123print.com for my business, they have really good deals as well.