Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Four officers gunned down in Lakewood

Post imported post

Breaking news:

4 police officers in Lakewood, WA were ambushed in a coffee shop a short while ago. All 4 are dead. Don't have a link to post yet. I think there is a breaking news story in the Star Tribune.

Here is the link:

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/b...ents_Container

Post imported post

Remember last month, the guy who shot the cop at the traffic stop. Was his motive ever reported?

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

If I remember right Lakewood was the starting point for the show "Cops".
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

It was a cowardly act by the so called scruffy individual. It was not however an ambush as he did not lie in wait and attack from a concealed position. To shoot people when they are seated, drinking coffee and using their laptops is the kind of sneak attack only a coward would employ. I hope the police find this guy and give him his just reward.

After watching the news I'm very concerned by the police response to this atrocity. The news media are not helping the public perception of the shooter. Some of their comments appear to glorify this pervert.

I hope the news media and the police that are involved use the atrocity as a learning experience and correct their perceived deficiencies before more police needlessly lose their lives.

Post imported post

Absolutely shocking...I hope they catch the loser that did this.

Post imported post

Not good not good not good. Civilian shootings already on the rise, now five dead cops specifically targeted in two months. Things would appear to be getting worse.
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Post imported post

I hope the police find this guy and give him his just reward.
    That's a very, very bad thing to wish for. What youshouldwish for is for a JUDGE and JURY to apply a punishment after a fair trial.

What you are requesting is vigilante "justice", and that is something that is a threat to the innocent. How would you like the police to decide that you are the "suspect" in the case because you OC, and that they should administer "justice" to you.

A society that employs police officers to administer justice, is not one that should be employing police officers.

Post imported post

The scanner is VERY active right now, South, LERN, and SWAT channels with a lot of radio traffic. SWAT is all over the place. I'm tweeting what I hear...

http://twitter.com/Criminal

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

44Brent wrote:
    SNIP A society that employs police officers to administer justice, is not one that should be employing police officers.
    +1
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

44Brent wrote:
    I hope the police find this guy and give him his just reward.
    That's a very, very bad thing to wish for. What youshouldwish for is for a JUDGE and JURY to apply a punishment after a fair trial.

What you are requesting is vigilante "justice", and that is something that is a threat to the innocent. How would you like the police to decide that you are the "suspect" in the case because you OC, and that they should administer "justice" to you.

A society that employs police officers to administer justice, is not one that should be employing police officers.
    Do you know the meaning of the word "just" as it pertains to my comment? If not please look it up .

Post imported post

I'm wondering if this coffee shop had a 'No Firearms' sign on the door? Maybe it wouldn't have mattered... but I kind'a think one of 'us' might have changed that scene...

This is an atrocity by any stretch... 'nI hope the perp or perpsis/are brought down SOON!

Post imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
    ... but I kind'a think one of 'us' might have changed that scene...
    Maybe if I was there with my "baby armor"people wouldn't be hiding indoors in Tacoma. Maybe people would see that good guys with guns CAN stop criminal activity.

Also, my condolances to the families and friends of OUR fallen heroes!
    I am the person responsible for myself, my wife and my son. I take that VERY seriously.

Post imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
    I'm wondering if this coffee shop had a 'No Firearms' sign on the door? Maybe it wouldn't have mattered... but I kind'a think one of 'us' might have changed that scene...

This is an atrocity by any stretch... 'nI hope the perp or perpsis/are brought down SOON!
    Unfortunately whether there was a sign or no firearm policy would have made no difference. There were four armed, trained police officers in the coffee shop and they were not able to defend themselves. What makes you think an armed citizen could have reacted any faster? The only thing that would likely to have happened would be that a very quick thinking citizen would have ended up in a gun fight with the perpetrator as he was exiting the coffee shop. If the citizen would have shot the perp as he was retreating he very well could have found himself/herself charged with a crime. Sad but true in this day and age.

Post imported post

virgil47 wrote:
    Do you know the meaning of the word "just" as it pertains to my comment? If not please look it up .
    I know exactly what you mean. You are asking in a veiled manner that the police do one of the following:
    1. Findsuspects and physically beat them.
    2. Findsuspects and physically torture them.
    3. Find suspects and kill them.

All without the benefit of a trial.

The police are not paid to administer "justice", they are paid to enforce laws.

Post imported post

44Brent wrote:
    virgil47 wrote:
    I know exactly what you mean. You are asking in a veiled manner that the police do one of the following:
    1. Findsuspects and physically beat them.
    2. Findsuspects and physically torture them.
    3. Find suspects and kill them.
    All without the benefit of a trial.

The police are not paid to administer "justice", they are paid to enforce laws.
    As you seem to be unable to find the definition of "just" allow me to provide it for you.

just1 AC_FL_RunContent = 0;var interfaceflash = new LEXICOFlashObject ( "http://sp.ask.com/dictstatic/d/g/speaker.swf", "speaker", "17", "15", " /dʒʌst/ Use just[/b] in a SentenceSee web results for just[/b]See images of just[/b] –adjective 1. guided by truth, reason, justice, and fairness: We hope to be just in our understanding of such difficult situations. 2. done or made according to principle; equitable; proper: a just reply. 3. based on right; rightful; lawful: a just claim. 4. in keeping with truth or fact; true; correct: a just analysis. 5. given or awarded rightly; deserved, as a sentence, punishment, or reward: a just penalty. 6. in accordance with standards or requirements; proper or right: just proportions. 7. (esp. in Biblical use) righteous. 8. actual, real, or genuine.
    Do you now understand the meaning of "just" as I used it?

Post imported post

Are we gonna turn this tragedy into our own personal ******* match guys ?? -
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Post imported post

Batousaii wrote:
    Are we gonna turn this tragedy into our own personal ******* match guys ?? -
    I certainly hope not for the sake of the families and fellow officers involved.

Post imported post

my condolences to the families of the officers. This is a tragedy.

Get ready for the antis to be screaming for more gun control....as if gun control can stop any of this...

Post imported post

Wow this is crazy

Post imported post

ChuckUFarley wrote:
    Wow this is crazy
    Yeah, get used to it. This happens every single time.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

Post imported post

killchain wrote:
    ChuckUFarley wrote:
    Wow this is crazy
    Yeah, get used to it. This happens every single time.
    Oh, also, my condolences to the families of the murdered officers. And I sincerely hope they catch that S.O.B. and give him what's coming to him.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

Post imported post

virgil47 wrote:
    Sonora Rebel wrote:
    There were four armed, trained police officers in the coffee shop and they were not able to defend themselves. What makes you think an armed citizen could have reacted any faster?
    The perp was supposedly focused on his targets, the officers. They were unable to defend themselves because they were taken totally by surprise and were the immediate target of a planned attack. A carrying citizen would have had time to react because the target was somebody else, could take him by surprise to some degree because his attention was elsewhere, and might have been able to save one or more of the officers' lives.

Post imported post

John Hardin wrote:
    virgil47 wrote:
    Sonora Rebel wrote:
    There were four armed, trained police officers in the coffee shop and they were not able to defend themselves. What makes you think an armed citizen could have reacted any faster?
    The perp was supposedly focused on his targets, the officers. They were unable to defend themselves because they were taken totally by surprise and were the immediate target of a planned attack. A carrying citizen would have had time to react because the target was somebody else, could take him by surprise to some degree because his attention was elsewhere, and might have been able to save one or more of the officers' lives.
    Nice thought.

Post imported post

virgil47 wrote:
    Sonora Rebel wrote:

Unfortunately whether there was a sign or no firearm policy would have made no difference. There were four armed, trained police officers in the coffee shop and they were not able to defend themselves. What makes you think an armed citizen could have reacted any faster? The only thing that would likely to have happened would be that a very quick thinking citizen would have ended up in a gun fight with the perpetrator as he was exiting the coffee shop. If the citizen would have shot the perp as he was retreating he very well could have found himself/herself charged with a crime. Sad but true in this day and age.
    If the perp just SHOT AND KILLED for cops(or civs) you would not be tried for anything. As soon as he commits murder and is armed it doesn't matter that he is retreating or not.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast