• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

potomac mills mall open carrier

carbon

Banned
imported post

some idiot was seen open carrying in potomac mills mall on sat. 11/28/09. slim black male tight dreads 5'10" ish. i was told by a witness that prince william county police was summoned, however the guy was gone before they arrived.unfortunately they did question some innocent shopper that fit the description. perhaps fellow ammendment #2 gun nuts should take a moment to look for rules and regs before entering PRIVATE PROPERTY! the signs are posted...obey them!

hunter45

imported post

orly_owl.jpg

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

carbon wrote:
some idiot was seen open carrying in potomac mills mall on sat. 11/28/09. slim black male tight dreads 5'10" ish. i was told by a witness that prince william county police was summoned, however the guy was gone before they arrived.unfortunately they did question some innocent shopper that fit the description. perhaps fellow ammendment #2 gun nuts should take a moment to look for rules and regs before entering PRIVATE PROPERTY! the signs are posted...obey them!
A qualified welcome to OCDO.

I can't say it goes over terribly well when a first forum post is hostile.

I'll address just one aspect--your attack that some innocent shopper that fit the description was "unfortunately" questioned. I'll leave the other aspects to other readers' replies.

We're responsible because PWPD is too stupid to figure out that someone who approximates the description but lacks a gun is does not merit questioning?

We're responsible because poor innocent shopper did not knowhis rights enough to exercise them bytelling the police he did not consent to the encounter, and would not answer questions without his attorneys? And since he lacked an OCdgun, what were the cops gonna do then?

And,since you are characterizing the shopper as innocent, I'm wondering how you jumped to the conclusion that the OCer was not innocent? Did you somehow verify that theOCer came in through an entrance that was definitely posted? Did you somehow verify that the OCer was given written or verbal notice by a qualified legal agent that he was trespassing, but refused to leave?

Why not try a calmer approach rather than making your first post an attack?

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

carbon wrote:
You know they guy well enough to say he is an idiot? You sound VERY close to him. Why would a WITNESS tell YOU?? How do you also know who THEY questioned? And you thing people that want to defend themselves are GUN NUTS?

I just think you are tired from workign mall security during black friday.. rest up and you will feel better.

Also, I never "take a moment" to look for signs. If a sign is there, I don't shop there, but I never seek it out. Apparently it takes more than signs anyway... see: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/33737.html

AEubanks

imported post

I just think you are tired from workign mall security during black friday..  rest up and you will feel better.

Also, I never "take a moment" to look for signs.  If a sign is there, I don't shop there, but I never seek it out. Apparently it takes more than signs anyway... see: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/33737.html

Ha ha.... my thoughts exactly...

Those guys are pretty ridiculous. My wife works at Potomac Mills and one of the security guards kept hitting on her and apparently tried to impress her by informing her as he rode around on his segway, "you know you have to be licensed to drive one of these?"

[sarcastic tone ]... needless to say she was WAY impressed... [/sarcastic tone]

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

carbon wrote:
NotSureIfSerious.jpg

carbon

Banned
imported post

Citizen wrote:
carbon wrote:
A qualified welcome to OCDO.

I can't say it goes over terribly well when a first forum post is hostile.

I'll address just one aspect--your attack that some innocent shopper that fit the description was "unfortunately" questioned. I'll leave the other aspects to other readers' replies.

We're responsible because PWPD is too stupid to figure out that someone who approximates the description but lacks a gun is does not merit questioning?

We're responsible because poor innocent shopper did not knowhis rights enough to exercise them bytelling the police he did not consent to the encounter, and would not answer questions without his attorneys? And since he lacked an OCdgun, what were the cops gonna do then?

And,since you are characterizing the shopper as innocent, I'm wondering how you jumped to the conclusion that the OCer was not innocent? Did you somehow verify that theOCer came in through an entrance that was definitely posted? Did you somehow verify that the OCer was given written or verbal notice by a qualified legal agent that he was trespassing, but refused to leave?

Why not try a calmer approach rather than making your first post an attack?
wow this one is easy! thanks for the gracious welcoming. hostile, that hurts. this is as nice and kind ive been in years. yes unfortunate because some jack ass was breaking the code of conduct on private property. if you approached someone in a restaurant who had a fireman on his person with the strong side in...how would u know wether or not he had a firearm? wow! btw if u ever get pulled over by PWCP or any other ageny why dont u open with" youre too stupid" and see hoe that works for ya.ill will agree that most people dont know their rights when questioned by police! "dont evr talk to the police" is a good personal policy, but dont call them stupid. the ocer had a flaggrant disreguard for the policy of conduct at a private facilty. signs are posted at each entrance.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

carbon wrote:
wow this one is easy! thanks for the gracious welcoming. hostile, that hurts. this is as nice and kind ive been in years. yes unfortunate because some jack ass was breaking the code of conduct on private property. if you approached someone in a restaurant who had a fireman on his person with the strong side in...how would u know wether or not he had a firearm? wow! btw if u ever get pulled over by PWCP or any other ageny why dont u open with" youre too stupid" and see hoe that works for ya.ill will agree that most people dont know their rights when questioned by police! "dont evr talk to the police" is a good personal policy, but dont call them stupid. the ocer had a flaggrant disreguard for the policy of conduct at a private facilty. signs are posted at each entrance.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again....

This forum needs 2 things to be complete. A spellchecker, and anearly warning device for idiots who show up to post here with no idea about the topic in which they speak.

Either of those 2 things would have been helpful in this case.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

carbon wrote:
Citizen wrote:
carbon wrote:
SNIP some idiot...
SNIP A qualified welcome to OCDO...
SNIP wow this one is easy...

Bwahahahahahahahaa!!!

The troll can't even address simple objections without spin, twist,and going off on tangents!

I love trolls who are bent out of shape. Hilarious!

Bwahahahahahahahahaa!!

carbon

Banned
imported post

ed wrote:
carbon wrote:
You know they guy well enough to say he is an idiot? You sound VERY close to him. Why would a WITNESS tell YOU?? How do you also know who THEY questioned? And you thing people that want to defend themselves are GUN NUTS?

I just think you are tired from workign mall security during black friday.. rest up and you will feel better.

Also, I never "take a moment" to look for signs. If a sign is there, I don't shop there, but I never seek it out. Apparently it takes more than signs anyway... see: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/33737.html
hidde ho ed. thanks for your interset in my story.

idiot: an utterly foolish or senseless person. so yes an idiot! foolish for not having the sense to ask questions, read the policy, or do a lil researsh before entering private property with a firearm.

a man was approached and the police officer was moving his lips, according to my witness, so i will reasonably assume he was speaking therefore i will assume words were coming out..i dont know but its safe to believe he asked a question right?

gun nuts...i am one. i am currently homeless and jobless and would appreciate the oppurtunity to work security any where!

with that said i do respect your obidient resolve to not support those businesss that dont respect our very own rights

carbon

Banned
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
carbon wrote:

This forum needs 2 things to be complete. A spellchecker, and anearly warning device for idiots who show up to post here with no idea about the topic in which they speak.

are you looking down your nose at me sir just because idont spell as well as you? or perhaps because im not as tech savy as you? or maybe not as eloquent... good day

hunter45

imported post

carbon wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
carbon wrote:
wow this one is easy!  thanks for the gracious welcoming. hostile, that hurts. this is as nice and kind ive been in years. yes unfortunate because some jack ass was breaking the code of conduct on private property. if you approached someone in a restaurant who had a fireman on his person with the strong side in...how would u know wether or not he had a firearm? wow! btw if u ever get pulled over by PWCP or any other ageny why dont u open with" youre too stupid" and see hoe that works for ya.ill will agree that most people dont know their rights when questioned by police! "dont evr talk to the police" is a good personal policy, but dont call them stupid. the ocer had a flaggrant disreguard for the policy of conduct at a private facilty. signs are posted at each entrance.

This forum needs 2 things to be complete. A spellchecker, and an early warning device for idiots who show up to post here with no idea about the topic in which they speak.

are you looking down your nose at me sir just because i dont spell as well as you? or perhaps because im not as tech savy as you? or maybe not as eloquent... good day

Forget about the spelling, do you at least know how to use the CAPS LOCK or the shift key?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

carbon wrote:
SNIP gun nuts...i am one...
Forum,

I'll go so far as to agreethat he isnuts.

Remember, we have lots of experience dealing with people whose first posts are as antagonistic as this guy's are.

After hours of patient replies, the best you can hope for is an antagonistic @#$% who will spew at the drop of a pin. Maybe he's settled down on the subject of the first post; but every time anybody violates his idea of "the way things should be", here comes the eruptions again.

Think "BrokenArrows", and "AWStylez,"and "PaulBlart/TippsyMcStagger/JohnnyB (all the same guy.)" and a few others. Justgeneral fight-starters because of their propensity for arguing, hostility, andantagonism.

Still not convinced? Just think of all the sane, pleasant, respectfulfirst posts you've seen. Howmuch disregard for others, simmering temper is needed to make your first few posts fights?

Best to just ignore, orif heis being ridiculous, ridicule him.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

carbon wrote:
Really, well not me this time, but I have conceal carried there before, did not notice any signs, nor do I ever look for such signs.

carbon

Banned
imported post

Citizen wrote:
carbon wrote:
Citizen wrote:
carbon wrote:
SNIP some idiot...
SNIP A qualified welcome to OCDO...
SNIP wow this one is easy...

Bwahahahahahahahaa!!!

The troll can't even address simple objections without spin, twist,and going off on tangents!

I love trolls who are bent out of shape. Hilarious!

Bwahahahahahahahahaa!!

nope not a troll at all just a fellow occer that has been reading this site for some time now and decided to post a story of an oc event.

many of us who open carry are frustrated by the unlawful discrimination against open carrying. this site would not exsist if this was not the case. after reading many many posts and replies on this site im sad to see so many snide remarks backhanded insults and we are better than u comments. discrimination is in us all...

carbon

Banned
imported post

hunter45 wrote:
carbon wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
carbon wrote:

are you looking down your nose at me sir just because idont spell as well as you? or perhaps because im not as tech savy as you? or maybe not as eloquent... good day

Forget about the spelling, do you at least know how to use the CAPS LOCK or the shift key?

i opologize for not being tech savy. im sure this makes you feelsuperior. perhaps you will kneel down next time so we can see eye to eye

hunter45

imported post

carbon wrote:
i opologize for not being tech savy. im sure this makes you feel superior. perhaps you will kneel down next time so we can see eye to eye

So you were tech savy enough to find an online message board, register an account, and start a topic, but you are not tech savy enough to know how to type a capital letter?

Alright, that's enough...

Dont-Feed-the-Trolls.png

carbon

Banned
imported post

hunter45 wrote:
carbon wrote:
i opologize for not being tech savy. im sure this makes you feelsuperior. perhaps you will kneel down next time so we can see eye to eye

So you were tech savy enough to find an online message board, register an account, and start a topic, but you are not tech savy enough to know how to type a capital letter?

Alright, that's enough...

Dont-Feed-the-Trolls.png

Pardon mebut 411 posts means ur still a newbie! just because you can hold the wheel doesnt mean you get to steer the ship Captain Morgan! Btw are the caps in the rights spots? Was proper grammer used? Show me your SATs pronto genius

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

hunter45 wrote:
carbon wrote:

Bwahahahahahahahahahaaaa!!

You're right, Hunter! He can't even keep from contradicting himself.

He hands out comments without even thinking about them. "I'm no troll" "I'm not tech-savvy".

Which immediately tells you truth has little value to him. He's probably not even an OCer!!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaa!!

God, I can hardly breathe, this troll is so hilariously entertaining!!!