Thread: Fall/Winter OC Awareness Events?

Post imported post

Anyone have any ideas for winter OC awareness events? Looks like the bulk of events have been geared for summer time but what's up with fall/winter?

Post imported post

time to do lunchoens

Post imported post

Eating in a restaurant is great, but it's by no means the only option. Walking around in a group, not necessarily marches, but just walks. Or marches too if there is a reason for something big. More food drives maybe.

And lets not forget that the number one most important thing for OC awareness is day to day OCing as individuals.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Would there be any interest in a luncheon/toys for tots collection here in Owosso at Ponderosa? They have a decent luncheon salad bar and I had talked to the manager last spring about MOC gatherings. He was fully supportive and even said we could use the back conference room which will seat 45+ people. How about Dec.12th, enough time prior to x-mas to get the toys to the marines. If there are enough people interested, I will go set it up at Ponderosa.

Post imported post

45+ people, each with a gun (or two!) - it would be the safest place in the city!
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

I have oc'd in there many times, turned a lot of heads but never a word from anyone. Good food too, Wed & Th.....liver & onions...MMMMMMM...salavate!:celebrate

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

As long as I don't have to work I'm in.

Mike, I have tried to get interest in some things this winter and there hasn't been much of a response. Bowling fundraiser, shooting competition, food drive, OC meet at Coney Island. The effort has been there but people have to show up to make it successful. We will keep trying though. I am still waiting for a response from Gander Mtn regarding an OC seminar at their store.

Post imported post

December 12th is right around the same time frame as the march through Jackson that is being contemplated, so that needs to be kept in mind.

However, it is basically 2 different sections of the state, so I see no reason why both wouldn't be feasible. I will definitely be going to Jackson though, assuming that march happens, because I've never met the Jackson folks.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    December 12th is right around the same time frame as the march through Jackson that is being contemplated, so that needs to be kept in mind.

However, it is basically 2 different sections of the state, so I see no reason why both wouldn't be feasible. I will definitely be going to Jackson though, assuming that march happens, because I've never met the Jackson folks.
    And your car get 100 miles to the gallon lol