• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fall/Winter OC Awareness Events?

Michigander

imported post

Eating in a restaurant is great, but it's by no means the only option. Walking around in a group, not necessarily marches, but just walks. Or marches too if there is a reason for something big. More food drives maybe.

And lets not forget that the number one most important thing for OC awareness is day to day OCing as individuals.

WARCHILD

imported post

Would there be any interest in a luncheon/toys for tots collection here in Owosso at Ponderosa? They have a decent luncheon salad bar and I had talked to the manager last spring about MOC gatherings. He was fully supportive and even said we could use the back conference room which will seat 45+ people. How about Dec.12th, enough time prior to x-mas to get the toys to the marines. If there are enough people interested, I will go set it up at Ponderosa.

WARCHILD

imported post

I have oc'd in there many times, turned a lot of heads but never a word from anyone. Good food too, Wed & Th.....liver & onions...MMMMMMM...salavate!:celebrate

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

As long as I don't have to work I'm in.

Mike, I have tried to get interest in some things this winter and there hasn't been much of a response. Bowling fundraiser, shooting competition, food drive, OC meet at Coney Island. The effort has been there but people have to show up to make it successful. We will keep trying though. I am still waiting for a response from Gander Mtn regarding an OC seminar at their store.

Michigander

imported post

December 12th is right around the same time frame as the march through Jackson that is being contemplated, so that needs to be kept in mind.

However, it is basically 2 different sections of the state, so I see no reason why both wouldn't be feasible. I will definitely be going to Jackson though, assuming that march happens, because I've never met the Jackson folks.

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

Michigander wrote:
December 12th is right around the same time frame as the march through Jackson that is being contemplated, so that needs to be kept in mind.

However, it is basically 2 different sections of the state, so I see no reason why both wouldn't be feasible. I will definitely be going to Jackson though, assuming that march happens, because I've never met the Jackson folks.

And your car get 100 miles to the gallon lol :lol: