• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Four Lakewood Police Officers Shot to death

mikestilly

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
Things are rough right now and some people are just reaching there breaking point... at least that is my thought.

I dont think it's that at all. It was a full ambush. May have been an ex-con looking to get even or something. Real strange an fishy.

Mike

B

Bikenut

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
Things are rough right now and some people are just reaching there breaking point... at least that is my thought.

I dont think it's that at all. It was a full ambush. May have been an ex-con looking to get even or something. Real strange an fishy.

Mike
I hope I am proven to be completely and utterly wrong... but I fear this "ambush" was retaliation for a police officer taking down the Fort Hood terrorist murderer Hasan.

Call me paranoid... yet I fear now that there has been an example of how easy it is for one lone terrorist to go all "Allah Akbar" on innocents inside! an Army post any crowded area (malls during Christmas shopping?) is now a designated "infidel killing field" to individual terrorists acting alone.

A while back, about 8 months or so, I commented to Yooperlady that I feared it wouldn't be very long before there were incidents of whackos shouting "Allah Akbar" just before blowing themselves up in a crowded area right here inside our own U. S. of A.

I pray I am wrong. I fear I am not.

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

Bikenut wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:

Mike
I hope I am proven to be completely and utterly wrong... but I fear this "ambush" was retaliation for a police officer taking down the Fort Hood terrorist murderer Hasan.

Call me paranoid... yet I fear now that there has been an example of how easy it is for one lone terrorist to go all "Allah Akbar" on innocents inside! an Army post any crowded area (malls during Christmas shopping?) is now a designated "infidel killing field" to individual terrorists acting alone.

A while back, about 8 months or so, I commented to Yooperlady that I feared it wouldn't be very long before there were incidents of whackos shouting "Allah Akbar" just before blowing themselves up in a crowded area right here inside our own U. S. of A.

I pray I am wrong. I fear I am not.
...I pray you are wrong, but if you're right... thats why people like us are around, right?

conservative85

imported post

Does any one know the difference between Peaceful Muslims & Radical ones?

Peaceful ones just haven't killed... Yet!

EDA50

imported post

Well the details are few, and it just reaks of something. Has anyone heard of the killers yelling anything before the shooting? This whole thing is just wrong.

When something seems wrong it usually is.

Say what you will about LEO's, but at the end of the day those guys put thier asses on the line for our safety, and some cowards pull this kind of s***. Too bad there wasn't some properly trained and armed civilians there. No doubt that would have made a difference.

conservative85

imported post

EDA50 wrote:
Well the details are few, and it just reaks of something. Has anyone heard of the killers yelling anything before the shooting? This whole thing is just wrong.

When something seems wrong it usually is.

Say what you will about LEO's, but at the end of the day those guys put thier asses on the line for our safety, and some cowards pull this kind of s***. Too bad there wasn't some properly trained and armed civilians there. No doubt that would have made a difference.
No disrespect, but you can't really believe that do you? There may be a couple of fools out there today that sign up for police work to help the innocent, and fight crime, but that's before they get a cruisers, arrogance, and indoctrinated by their peers, and take the brotherhood class.

There is no possible way that a few officers per 100 people can be there at all times, & places. They are only Governments watchdogs. Be it city, county, state, or Federal. It's not like they volunteer like soldiers, they sign up for the pay. they put themselves in the line of danger of course their risk is high, like a race car driver, or a pilot. Their job is no more greater or less than construction, hell truck drivers have like the 9th most dangerous job, I could say at the end of the day they put their butts on the line for us. Cops don't even make the top 10.

I would be hard pressed to believe that a cop starts his day wondering "how many lives can I save today", or "I busted a crook today now the community will sleep well
tonight." I think it is more like I was hired to keep the public in order by writting speeding tickets, and finding any way some one might be cheating the city/state out of money.

I

conservative85

imported post

EDA50 wrote:
None taken. It has been my experience that the truth usually lies between two opposing opinions.
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest."
-- Thomas Paine

Bailenforcer

imported post

conservative85 wrote:

This creep was in Prison at the age of 17, he had a huge rap sheet and that scum sucking piece of trash Hucklbee set this guy free! People keep telling me Huckabee is a conservative and I keep telling them he is Jimmy Carter in sheeps clothing.

Here's what goes on in prison, these guys are drafted by the radical Black Muslim groups that literally control the black prison populations. They are radicalized for the years they serve and by the time they hit the streets it's kill a cop or some other race they choose to hate. The Muslims in prison are sending us human trash with a killer mindset back to the streets.

My heart goes out for the families of these fallen officers.

This alone is why carry either open or concealed is in my mind MANDATORY!

I can't count how many times as a CPL/CCW carry I have quietly backed up an officer even at times without his knowlege. Yes I know procedure and keep a safe but effect combat range from the officer as to not make him nervous. But as God as my witness I would not hesitate to defend any officer with my life if it comes down to it.

Reminds me of the Texas State Police officer who (many years ago) pulled over a car for speeding. The officer thought it was a normal traffic stop and when he approached the escaped prisoner inside the car opened fire, and struck the officer down. The officer crawled to the back of the felons car for cover, and then the felon exited the vehicle and one second before he was going to shoot the officer a shot rang out, and the escaped murder dropped dead........ The officer had no idea what just happened till a couple minutes later a Deer hunter walked up to claim his kill..... Yes a 3006 150 grain soft point right through the felon.

Needless to say this was in texas and the oficer survived and the Deer Hunter was a hero.

Had it been California the deer hunter may have been prosecuted.

Bailenforcer

imported post

EDA50 wrote:
None taken. It has been my experience that the truth usually lies between two opposing opinions.
I know too many Police Officers and never had one said he liked giving out tickets. ALL of the ones I know have bitched incessantly about being tax collectors. All have said they hired to be cops, not revenue agents. Now unless I only know the good ones, I am guessing most don't like the constant friction between them and honest working people. And after years of being forced to do something you hate to do, and trust me I know all about this, you will develop and attitude and it will spill over. I been there.

Bailenforcer

imported post

conservative85 wrote:

I have read the qoran/Koran and still have a copy, and you are 100% correct. They are told to befriend the infidels and kill them when the Holy war starts. There are many references in the Koran about this mindset. So if you have one sucking up to you NEVER trust him or her. They are ordered to kill you when the Holy war is declared or the go to hell..

EDA50

imported post

Bailenforcer wrote:
conservative85 wrote:

This creep was in Prison at the age of 17, he had a huge rap sheet and that scum sucking piece of trash Hucklbee set this guy free! People keep telling me Huckabee is a conservative and I keep telling them he is Jimmy Carter in sheeps clothing.

Here's what goes on in prison, these guys are drafted by the radical Black Muslim groups that literally control the black prison populations. They are radicalized for the years they serve and by the time they hit the streets it's kill a cop or some other race they choose to hate. The Muslims in prison are sending us human trash with a killer mindset back to the streets.

I can't count how many times as a CPL/CCW carry I have quietly backed up an officer even at times without his knowlege. Yes I know procedure and keep a safe but effect combat range from the officer as to not make him nervous. But as God as my witness I would not hesitate to defend any officer with my life if it comes down to it.

Reminds me of the Texas State Police officer who (many years ago) pulled over a car for speeding. The officer thought it was a normal traffic stop and when he approached the escaped prisoner inside the car opened fire, and struck the officer down. The officer crawled to the back of the felons car for cover, and then the felon exited the vehicle and one second before he was going to shoot the officer a shot rang out, and the escaped murder dropped dead........ The officer had no idea what just happened till a couple minutes later a Deer hunter walked up to claim his kill..... Yes a 3006 150 grain soft point right through the felon.

Needless to say this was in texas and the oficer survived and the Deer Hunter was a hero.

Ok, now I'm offended...

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

conservative85 wrote:
There is no possible way that a few officers per 100 people can be there at all times, & places.
In Michigan the averagenumber is about 2 officers per 1000 residents. That includes desk jobs as well. The police staff ofa city of 10,000 will average about 15-20 people, more or less.

When you break down officers actually on patrol, say 4 officers a shift then the ratio is about1 LEO for 2,500 people at any one time.

These are things the public doesn't understand when they say "Oh the police will protect me that's their job". Break down the numbers for them.

SlowDog

imported post

Bailenforcer wrote:
conservative85 wrote:

First let me start by saying I am in no way a Huckabee fan but you misspoke about Huckabee letting him out of prison. The Governor didn't release him he only gave commutation of his sentence after being berated by the parole board and prosecuting attorney that the 169 year sentence for a 16 year old was wrong. I believe it was lowered to 45 years and possibility of parole. I in this case disagree and think he should've stayed where he was....just setting things straight here....not looking to argue.