• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NC OC experience reports

solus

Condenser FAN motor or condensing unit?

tore the whole front end out of the impala to get to the unit...

sigh

and BC my original 20 yo heat pump finally gave up the ghost as i couldn't find any more of the olde freon to keep in the unit so i plopped in a combined 3.5T w/propane gas furnace last month..partner is now complaining of it being too cold in the homestead...sigh cool w/o humidity....what more could i ask for...oh ya, someone to quit reminding me they are cold...:uhoh:

ipse

solus

bored so cruised the local area's nether regions to get a lay of the land...came across a massive water spout from a vacant lot.

called the non-emergency sheriff's number requested a deputy so they could show and let them discern which water entity to notify.

not a word said about my firearm...while standing about his cruiser chatting about DV, two pop, pops sounded by the burger king. at which point i backed away saying sounds like small caliber fire and last i saw of the nice deputy was he and another deputy vehicles lights and sirens screaming up and down the 117 bypass at least 3 times in each direction.

i drove slowly home...

ipse

PerBast

Goodwill Eugene st Greensboro

Afternoon everyone

The Goodwill on Eugene st in Greensboro is definitely not gun friendly... They are more than happy to accept our donations as long as I don't enter the building. They collection guy that assists with unloading at the Goodwill knows me by sight now.

Michael

solus

goodwill, at least in NC, has been gun free for quite awhile..

i quit providing material to goodwill once i found out several years ago...

quote: An American multi-national corporation, which accepts millions of dollars in government funds, pays its top executives more than half a million dollars per year in total compensation, while simultaneously paying some of its employees less than the federal minimum wage. Some employees earn just 22 cents per hour. unquote
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-hrabe/the-worst-corporation-in-_b_1876905.html

quote: Jim Gibbons, the CEO and President of Goodwill Industries, insists the company provides jobs to those who would otherwise have “no job at all,” but this excuse only patronizes the disabled with a resounding “take what you can get.” Goodwill of Southern California paid more than $1.1 million in total compensation to its CEO in 2011. unquote
http://www.cheatsheet.com/business/how-goodwill-industries-fails-to-show-good-will.html/?a=viewall

i do not participate and instead find local deserving entities, Salvation Army, DV shelters, etc. to provide my stuff to...

ipse

papa bear

goodwill, at least in NC, has been gun free for quite awhile..

i quit providing material to goodwill once i found out several years ago...

quote: An American multi-national corporation, which accepts millions of dollars in government funds, pays its top executives more than half a million dollars per year in total compensation, while simultaneously paying some of its employees less than the federal minimum wage. Some employees earn just 22 cents per hour. unquote
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-hrabe/the-worst-corporation-in-_b_1876905.html

quote: Jim Gibbons, the CEO and President of Goodwill Industries, insists the company provides jobs to those who would otherwise have “no job at all,” but this excuse only patronizes the disabled with a resounding “take what you can get.” Goodwill of Southern California paid more than $1.1 million in total compensation to its CEO in 2011. unquote
http://www.cheatsheet.com/business/how-goodwill-industries-fails-to-show-good-will.html/?a=viewall

i do not participate and instead find local deserving entities, Salvation Army, DV shelters, etc. to provide my stuff to...

ipse

I have been in the good will here in Mayberry lots of times. Yes they did notice me armed and have mentioned it. But have never been negative or asked me to leave.

But the salvation army has been viciously anti gun. I used to attend church there but was told I would be arrested if I attended. Same with the thrift store. I have tried to talk to them about it but they have no clue why I can not just leave my GUN at home so they will be safe. I wipe my feet of their dust, and pity them

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I have been in the good will here in Mayberry lots of times. Yes they did notice me armed and have mentioned it. But have never been negative or asked me to leave.

But the salvation army has been viciously anti gun. I used to attend church there but was told I would be arrested if I attended. Same with the thrift store. I have tried to talk to them about it but they have no clue why I can not just leave my GUN at home so they will be safe. I wipe my feet of their dust, and pity them
I OC in Goodwill stores regularly w/o incident in Virginia.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
the salvation army has been viciously anti gun.

As it is here in Washington State.

On the other hand, the local Goodwill has asked several of us (open carriers) to stop by whenever we can. There has never been anything but positive from them, even when they get complaints.

We have another GW like place called Value Village. Four of us were in VV a few days ago and the management got several complaints about our OC pistols. (canadians mostly) The management explained that we are an OC state and were legal and welcome. Cool.

Sorry about your GW gunfree zones.

ron73440

The Salvation Army in Havelock had no signs and no one said anything to me.

I didn't interact a whole lot with the staff, so it's possible they didn't notice.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

papa bear

I OC in Goodwill stores regularly w/o incident in Virginia.

I had one person alarmed at the good will in Salem, VA. My 80 year old mother was with me as I take her to these places so she can look. The manager approached me and nervously talked to me. We found out she and several of the other employees were pro gun. I gave them the schpill and they calmed down and acted like they were fine.

I have also been to the good will in anti citizen Winston Salem, NC. Have not had anything said so far

papa bear

Do remember, goodwill is a for profit company, they are not a charity...

Doesn't matter to me if they are for profit or not. I f they are discriminating on my civil rights. Then they are worse then the "whites only" restaurants and stores of the 1950s

rogue66

Burlington NC

OC'd in the local Walmart while hunting for some 22 Mags without so much as a glance from anyone. Headed over to the Vitamin Shoppe and the gals there had no problem. BTW, this is my first post!

rogue66

OC'd @ Home Depot on Elm Eugene St in Greensboro and also at the Walmart on Elmsley Drive in Greensboro. No problems other then a few second looks.

PerBast

Home Depot and Walmart

OC'd @ Home Depot on Elm Eugene St in Greensboro and also at the Walmart on Elmsley Drive in Greensboro. No problems other then a few second looks.

We must have missed each other before I moved to Columbia SC. I OC'd in the Walmart on Elmsley many times without issue. Same with Lowes, Home Depot. The Greensboro NC area seems to be pretty OC friendly. Now I just wish that South Carolina would get onboard.

Michael

rogue66

I agree, this area is nice to OC.

OC'd yesterday in the Elmsley Walmart again and then over at the nearby Lowe's. No problems at all.

Today we headed to Field & Stream on Bridford Parkway (scored some 22 MAG ammo!) and then to Zaxby's on Elm Eugene for lunch. Lots of looks in Zaxby's but no problems.

We also stopped by Great Clips and got our haircuts (forgot about this one). No problems.

Best part about today was the wife is now relaxed going with me carrying. We looked at guns for her in F&S and I joked I would get her a holster so she could roll out with one on the hip!!

Last edited:

rogue66

Headed out to Caliber's this evening and stopped by Sheet's on West Market (@ Friendly Ave) on the way home for a cold drink. No problems at all.