• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NC OC experience reports

razor_baghdad

neighbour lady, two doors down & semi invalid from traffic accident w/couple of youn's, hobbled down to tell me since i am the neighbourhood overseer (apparently as she explained since i OC while even mowing the year) that the xyz type & color vehicle belongs to her ex and who has a court ordered RO...

so the next time i see the vehicle come down the street to please come out and tell him he is not welcome in the neighbourhood...:shocker:

grabbed a small piece of paper, scribbled on it and then handed her the piece of paper,

what's this??

read it!

she unfolded it and found "dial 9 1 1" written on it.

she hobbled back home shaking her head...

ipse

and there you have the definition of "ipse".....in case anyone was wondering.

Ipse dixit, Latin for "he, himself, said it", is a term used to identify and describe a sort of arbitrary dogmatic statement, which the speaker expects the listener to accept as valid.[1]

The fallacy of defending a proposition by baldly asserting that it is "just how it is" distorts the argument by opting out of it entirely: the claimant declares an issue to be intrinsic, and not changeable.

I have another definition in mind. I'm sure grandma does as well.

solus

and there you have the definition of "ipse".....in case anyone was wondering.
Ipse dixit, Latin for "he, himself, said it", is a term used to identify and describe a sort of arbitrary dogmatic statement, which the speaker expects the listener to accept as valid.[1]
The fallacy of defending a proposition by baldly asserting that it is "just how it is" distorts the argument by opting out of it entirely: the claimant declares an issue to be intrinsic, and not changeable.
I have another definition in mind. I'm sure grandma does as well.

baghdad, first welcome back to CONUS i am sure your family is glad to see you!
second, the latin translations of my name have been discuss numerous times out here on the forum and yet you seem to have misunderstood somewhere along the line as i have utilized this term for signature and never used that other term you feel necessary to attach to me.

so perhaps you might have missed the discussions, so allow me to broaden your horizon...
Solipsism (snip) from Latin solus, meaning "alone", and ipse, meaning "self")[1] is the philosophical idea that only one's own mind is sure to exist. As an epistemological position, solipsism holds that knowledge of anything outside one's own mind is unsure; the external world and other minds cannot be known and might not exist outside the mind. As a metaphysical position, solipsism goes further to the conclusion that the world and other minds do not exist. unquote http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solipsism

therefore, now do you see anywhere in that definition, abet from wikipedia, where the other term you mentioned is used? NAWLLLL, ain't there is it???

glad that is cleared up to everyone's satisfaction...

baghdad, i know you now truly feel bad for attributing your wrong presumptions in such a weak attempt to discredit me for this particular point in time or some other unknown reason at that?

but what has me confused is your discredit attempt against the my standalone quoted post you presented? care to explain your quandary over my singular post in constructive terms in lieu your weak babble of what you posted so we can discuss your perceptions on what you would have done or not done when the neighbour states they want you to be the protector of the block?

look forward to the discussion

ipse

Last edited:

solus

Ok, I give up, what is the meaning of FUDD?

thanks grape, but let's share with everyone...
Slang term for a "casual" gun owner; eg; a person who typically only owns guns for hunting or shotgun sports and does not truly believe in the true premise of the second amendment. These people also generally treat owners/users of so called "non sporting" firearms like handguns or semiautomatic rifles with unwarranted scorn or contempt. unquote

derogatorily applied is an insult...

ipse

Last edited:

papa bear

thanks grape, but let's share with everyone...
Slang term for a "casual" gun owner; eg; a person who typically only owns guns for hunting or shotgun sports and does not truly believe in the true premise of the second amendment. These people also generally treat owners/users of so called "non sporting" firearms like handguns or semiautomatic rifles with unwarranted scorn or contempt. unquote

derogatorily applied is an insult...

ipse

I would add to.that, the people who own guns but don't want others to. Like Tim MaGraw, or Gifford. Kind of like, people that are against killing animals, but fish

solus

I would add to.that, the people who own guns but don't want others to. Like Tim MaGraw, or Gifford. Kind of like, people that are against killing animals, but fish

there is where you continue to make your error in judgement papa is by adding subjective & emotionally charged biases to standard definitions (since 2007) which nobody on this green earth knows about, except you of course, or for that matter really cares about!!

next you will be adding similar crap to the BoRs!!

want to change the definition, write to urban dictionary and see if they will acknowledge your nonsense.

for the record, you brought this crap up in a lame attempt flame me...(ya'l on your own to look that up on urban dictionary...btw, i have no other definition except that one!!!)

that finally out of your system papa...?

ipse

Last edited:

solus

back to our originally scheduled program...

again, kinda anti-climatic OC'g in the Goldsboro, Wilson, Smithfield communities and i am soooooo please about it...

tho kinda lonely as i do not see many others OC'g....

ipse

papa bear

there is where you continue to make your error in judgement papa is by adding subjective & emotionally charged biases to standard definitions (since 2007) which nobody on this green earth knows about, except you of course, or for that matter really cares about!!

next you will be adding similar crap to the BoRs!!

want to change the definition, write to urban dictionary and see if they will acknowledge your nonsense.

for the record, you brought this crap up in a lame attempt flame me...(ya'l on your own to look that up on urban dictionary...btw, i have no other definition except that one!!!)

that finally out of your system papa...?

ipse

Urbandictionary is not an official definitions, just a way to explain slang. But my interpretation falls within the use of the term.
Now you can return to other discussion

dmatting

No one cares.

Really.

I know all the egos around here can't seem to handle that fact, but NO ONE CARES.

If you don't have an experience to report, shut up.

nikogto

I ok'd downstairs to play xbox the last night, it was late, didn't want my firearm upstairs if someone should break into the main level where I was at, all the rest of the family upstairs sleeping. Pretty un-eventful. All in all, a good night, had a 6.52 average kd (kill to death ratio) playing Ghosts with some friends. :banana:

BlowMonkey5

I support dmatting's conclusion and I find it appropriate, given that this post of open carry reports has been "taken into the weeds" so to speak. Two posters has gotten into a ******* contest and have gotten us way off base. I'm still not sure what a fudd is, nor do I really care. :cuss: ( rant over)......................................saw an OC'er in Wal-Mart in Wake Forest last night. I didn't get a chance to speak to him, but he was carrying a long barrel .44 from the looks of it. Great looking gun! Was it anyone here?:monkey

Jamesm760

I ok'd downstairs to play xbox the last night, it was late, didn't want my firearm upstairs if someone should break into the main level where I was at, all the rest of the family upstairs sleeping. Pretty un-eventful. All in all, a good night, had a 6.52 average kd (kill to death ratio) playing Ghosts with some friends. :banana:

Pffft. Console peasants. :p

EXPERIENCES:

I don't have anything negative to report. All my OCing outings have been uneventful. My little brother just turned 18 and he OCed for the first time with me at a couple of places. Stopped to get some gas and an older gentleman approached me due to the stickers on the back of my truck, he asked me what I carried and I just turned my body a bit so he could see the Glock. We started talking about politics, candidates running and stuff... He was CCing a LC9, though he felt the need to take it out of his pocket to show it to me o_O it was still in his holster but still, if you're going to CC... keep it that way, that's just me. ;)

Been extremely busy with work and other things, haven't been out to any of the WSalem meets and haven't had time to plan a Charlotte meet... =/ Hope everyone is doing well though! ^_^

nobama

Went to eat Mexican tonight, OCing, not sure anybody noticed, then went to Sheetz, as I was getting into my truck I saw a guy walking in OCing, had to stop him and say hello. He was wearing a "SONS OF LIBERTY" Tee shirt. I didnt know what was cooler, the OCed handgun or his T shirt. Im getting some new shirts.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
A walk around the block, date for dinner, and trip to the store are all events/experiences......even when nothing negative or strongly positive occurs.

In that we are working to normalize the OC of handguns as we go about our everyday routines, it is quite appropriate to post about these "nothing happened" events - we are demonstrating the commonplace acceptance of OC. This works to effectively counter the OK Corral and blood in the street images with which the antis would paint.

CDT COX

Open Carry at a city park in Raleigh: Go or No-Go??

Last edited:

62 Caddy

Have not posted in quite a while. OC everywhere in Cary/Apex and never an issue. The past couple of weekends, Target, Kohl's, Lowes, Home Depot, Contract Carpet, McDonald's, Stein Mart, Michaels, AC Moore, Men's Warehouse, Subway, Firehouse subs, Wal-Mart, Harris Teeter, Food Lion, Credit Union, and there are more. I always keep and eye out for other OC'ers, but never see any. Wish I could get the wife to, but she likes to CC.
B

papa bear

Have not posted in quite a while. OC everywhere in Cary/Apex and never an issue. The past couple of weekends, Target, Kohl's, Lowes, Home Depot, Contract Carpet, McDonald's, Stein Mart, Michaels, AC Moore, Men's Warehouse, Subway, Firehouse subs, Wal-Mart, Harris Teeter, Food Lion, Credit Union, and there are more. I always keep and eye out for other OC'ers, but never see any. Wish I could get the wife to, but she likes to CC.
B

Which credit union ?