• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NC OC experience reports

papa bear

Didn't know where to put this. But the president of a NC concealed carry group at was praising being able concealed carry in Charlotte. Beside the fact if you are hiding your GUN no one should know anyway
I reminded him that NC was still an open carry state.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Didn't know where to put this. But the president of a NC concealed carry group at was praising being able concealed carry in Charlotte. Beside the fact if you are hiding your GUN no one should know anyway
I reminded him that NC was still an open carry state.

Let's look at the intelligence of this. Rioting is being reported in Charlotte, instead of staying home this genius is bragging about carrying in Charlotte. This is like the idiots who have beer parties on the beach during a hurricane.

solus

Let's look at the intelligence of this. Rioting is being reported in Charlotte, instead of staying home this genius is bragging about carrying in Charlotte. This is like the idiots who have beer parties on the beach during a hurricane.

only good side about the idiots at a party during a hurricane...they could be swept out to sea...thus solving a myriad of future problems...:cry:

papa, what was his response to your comment about OC'g

ipse

papa bear

Wolf, one thing I despise, is going to Charlotte anyway. But if I had to go there I would definitely be carrying. Of course, I carry everywhere any way

only good side about the idiots at a party during a hurricane...they could be swept out to sea...thus solving a myriad of future problems...:cry:

papa, what was his response to your comment about OC'g

ipse

Not yet, but he pretty much hates me anyway.

solus

Wolf, one thing I despise, is going to Charlotte anyway. But if I had to go there I would definitely be carrying. Of course, I carry everywhere any way

Not yet, but he pretty much hates me anyway.

pm me on which "he" you are referring to if i kindly say PLEEEEEEEEEzzzzzzzzzzzzzssssssss

ipse

FlyBoy276

Walking the perimeter of a strip mall, on the way to the grocery store, I pass a bar with several, fellow people of color outside. Of course, they see me, stop their convo, and rudely stare like they're watching to see what Harambe does to the little boy. When I pass, one guy says to the rest of them, "Man, I wouldn't go around like that, these days. Somebody might think you da poh lease!" A few of them expressed their agreement. :rolleyes:

I guess the BLM crowd thinks that someone OCing justifies them being shot at, now? :uhoh:

solus

had an opportunity to visit the Wayne county planning building while OC'g and nobody said a word and conducted my business smartly and w/o incident.

ipse

CHICO

Jville Area

I am new to the forums, so I was kind of curious how many citizens exercise their 2ndin NC. I just recently came back from Okinawa and I been out of the loop for a while now. Started OC'ing in Walmart, restaurants near by, and Pets stores you name it not a single problem or stare so far, maybe because is NC after all a real Free state, unlike Florida they treat you like second class citizens. However, I just got kicked out of the Mall the other day to my surprise I didn't know it was a gun-free zone, :confused:. Anyways, I like reading other peoples experience, I am also wondering if they are others around my Area would like to get together on the weekends.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I am new to the forums, so I was kind of curious how many citizens exercise their 2ndin NC. I just recently came back from Okinawa and I been out of the loop for a while now. Started OC'ing in Walmart, restaurants near by, and Pets stores you name it not a single problem or stare so far, maybe because is NC after all a real Free state, unlike Florida they treat you like second class citizens. However, I just got kicked out of the Mall the other day to my surprise I didn't know it was a gun-free zone, :confused:. Anyways, I like reading other peoples experience, I am also wondering if they are others around my Area would like to get together on the weekends.
Welcome to OCDO - lots of good people here.

Most malls are GFZs.

Meet 'n' greets - build it and they will come. :)

WalkingWolf

NC is mostly gun friendly except for liberal hangouts(malls). I am seeing more and more people OCing, I am no longer the lone wolf in the community. I was at Lowes Lumber for a few minutes to pick up a couple of blocks, and saw two other customers OCing.

Unfortunately I cannot OC in the doctors office as it is part of the hospital. Though my cardiologist in Raleigh so far has not said a word about my OC firearm.

solus

first, thanks for your service...welcome home.

second, welcome to the forum...pmail and i'll provide somelinks and other bkgnd info unique to the tarheel state...

third, holler bout meeting and perhaps meet half way

again, wecome, thanks, and enjoy jville...not a bad place to be stuck.

ipse

HPmatt

I want to put a finer point on the OC in malls - most of the Mall anchor stores own their on buildings and generally allow OC - it is the common area of the Mall that is typically non-OC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CHICO

Thank you guys for the warm welcome. I'm glad there is a lot support out there, being that I reside on a Military town I don't get to see other members exercising their right, usually the older crowd like myself do. Btw, I have been reading the Mall Code of conduct, all I think of communist rule of conduct, the OWNERs are more than welcome to move N Korea or Cuba. I for one won't be going to the Mall anytime soon.

Last edited:

solus

while relaxing on the back porch in the din of having my roof shingles scrapped, off the neighbor showed up in my backyard ~ lived here quite awhile and never seen a soul from the house 3 doors down...

but we chatted about the blokes replacing the roof and then he asked about my firearm...we chatted further....:cool:

good conversation, which ended as he was invited up to continue the conversations.

ipse

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
while relaxing on the back porch in the din of having my roof shingles scrapped, off the neighbor showed up in my backyard ~ lived here quite awhile and never seen a soul from the house 3 doors down...

but we chatted about the blokes replacing the roof and then he asked about my firearm...we chatted further....:cool:

good conversation, which ended as he was invited up to continue the conversations.

ipse
Looking forward to having my limb damaged roof replaced. Insurance adjuster tried to buy me off cheap. I have OCd each time the contractor visits - no problem.

solus

Looking forward to having my limb damaged roof replaced. Insurance adjuster tried to buy me off cheap. I have OCd each time the contractor visits - no problem.

want me to see if they want to fix yours? if so lets chat tuesday

ipse

bc.cruiser

Quick trip out to Wal-Mart and Food Lion to pick up final cooking items for tomorrow. Met a young man OCing in Food Lion. He was carrying inside the waistband, small of the back, no holster. Said that's how he does it, it works for him, and he goes nowhere without it. I invited him to visit this forum, wished him well, and moved on. Nothing to see here.

Last edited:

solus

have. friend, recovering from recent hip surgery who nylon wired tied a olde canvas belt holster and fitted their SW Shield 9 to his walker after accosted by dogs during a recent pt exercise jaunt down the block. advised when out and about, propane distributor, papa murphys, they say nobody bats an eye but wonders if the get out of their way due to the walker or sight of the holstered firearm strapped to it?

ipse