• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NC OC experience reports

CDT COX

Many other states are better for OC'ing, and have a purpose for the action, but if you OC because you don't want to CC, it means your just unwilling to go through training and registering as a gun carrier for your local sheriff, not so he can confiscate you arms, but you never know when he might have to form a posse.
:lol:

Yeah man, I'm sure if so much **** is going down that the Sheriff needs to form a posse, he'll sit down at his desk, look at the list of us peasants, and start making phone calls.

WalkingWolf

Some of us don't get a permit because we refuse to ask permission.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Some might, but who the heck cares, a person's reasons for a right should never be up for debate. I OC because I want to OC, even if we had unpermitted CC I would still OC. Actually if I step through the training hoops I can CC without a permit, I simply do not want to. The whole purpose of carrying IMO, at least for me, is to avoid a situation. CC I would look like all the other potential victims.

HPmatt

ran to town to accomplish errands and stopped into a subway that i haven't frequented at all...walked, manager immediately came to the counter and pointed at my hip, then proceeded with 'whatcha want...' spiel by the time lunch was finished...
ipse

So was the spiel just 'what type of sandwich do you want', or was it along the lines of 'what a Purdue gun that you have there?'

Took me a while to read past the Out-patient stuff....

solus

toddled to Princeton to visit the nursery to pick up plants and as i was taking the purchases back to the vehicle, the a sheriff's deputy did a slow drive by ensuring he got a good look at me and my purdy firearm. i caught his gaze waving vigorously & smiling broadly, at which point he gassed it and screamed through the stop sign.

should call the sheriff and advise their cruiser needs a tune up as the beastie coughed and sputtered when the deputy hit the gas...

gotta figure out how to become a goode olde boy ~ nawllll would spoil the fun i have screwing w/the good olde boy network.
ipse

WalkingWolf

Lately I have had positive responses from LE around Sanford, yesterday at Wally World parking lot SPD waved from the car. Of course he could have been waving at my wife instead of me. Today I needed a couple brass brushes from Lowe's Lumber and got two comments on my pair of revolvers, the new S&W 24, and my Pietta 1873. One young man asked if I was going to war, I told him that I carry what, and OC because I want to avoid conflicts. He took a second, and said he saw my point, we then had a short discussion about Glocks. The cashier asked about the caliber of my guns, and that was about it.

Of course the Yankees in Wally world, and Lowe's rubber neck.

solus

hit the regular Sunday morning greasy spoon w/purdy Sunday mtg firearm, and with the exception of the matronly woman sitting across from me and kept giving me regular "eat **** and bark at the moon looks" breakfast was enjoyed w/o incident.

leaving & walking around to the back parking lot, a nice group of young men seating in a beater intently negotiating cost of goods over the substances in their pockets froze upright turned in unison while slammed their hands further into their pockets and tried to look nonchalant...i walked around the back end of their vehicle towards mine w/o a backward glance...when i drove past they were still intently watching me...

just another day in paradise

ipse

PerBast

NC OC reports

Greetings all

Traveled on Sat to Charlotte for lunch to celebrate my birthday. Both the wife and I carried without issues. I stopped at a gas station/store to pick up something to drink and stop in the bathroom. Had a nice gentleman ask me if there was many people in NC that open carried. Had a nice brief chat.

Then went to Camping World on Concord Mills in Charlotte to look at 5th wheelers. Darn it if it wasn't a drag race event and the place. The staff at Camping World definately noticed us open carrying but never said a word. They always seemed to remain close by when we were looking in the RV's. But overall it was a great experience.

Have a great week

Michael

solus

running errands and new lawyer didn't say a word but noticed...

visited country view western store out on 70 early afternoon and saw a gentleman carrying who was focused on searching for something in the store so didn't seem to notice another carrier...

olde folk at the nursery didn't notice or didn't care and of course zakbys personal and patrons didn't bat an eye...

all in all another good day...

ipse

325rto

I haven't posted in a while. My daily travels, from home to working on Ft. Bragg, and from Ft. Bragg to picking up kids at school, kind of prohibit carrying. But, the weekends is a little different. Mostly short trips to Walmart and Food Lion on Saturdays and Sundays.

solus

I haven't posted in a while. My daily travels, from home to working on Ft. Bragg, and from Ft. Bragg to picking up kids at school, kind of prohibit carrying. But, the weekends is a little different. Mostly short trips to Walmart and Food Lion on Saturdays and Sundays.

can appreciate the inability to OC during the week while running, but glad you are showing the community you carry on the weekends.

ipse

bc.cruiser

OC'd the 1911 to Wells Fargo at noon to get a notary for a title transfer. Neither the gentleman that did the notary service, nor the cashier when I made the deposit even blinked. Then to Tractor Supply and Food Lion; nothing but friendliness.

325rto

OC'd the 1911 to Wells Fargo at noon to get a notary for a title transfer. Neither the gentleman that did the notary service, nor the cashier when I made the deposit even blinked. Then to Tractor Supply and Food Lion; nothing but friendliness.

Went looking for a new lawn mower today. Lowe's on Good Middling, the Walmart next to it. Tractor Supply down the road, Then the Walmart in Raeford. I brought my 10 y/o daughter with me, she is very observant of others that are carrying.

taxman

Banned
leaving & walking around to the back parking lot, a nice group of young men seating in a beater intently negotiating cost of goods over the substances in their pockets froze upright turned in unison while slammed their hands further into their pockets and tried to look nonchalant...i walked around the back end of their vehicle towards mine w/o a backward glance...when i drove past they were still intently watching me...

They probably thought you were a cop.

And the unnamed moderator who deleted the earlier version (1:12pm) of this post while claiming I made a personal attack, well, obviously his/her cranium has gone too many miles since its last oatmeal change, for nothing could be farther from the truth than to claim my post was a personal attack on any person or group of persons.

Heavy handed moderation can be annoying, but when the mod doesn't have the grace to notify me that they've moderated me, or even to identify themselves, well, that's entirely ridiculous.

Last edited:

solus

They probably thought you were a cop.
And the unnamed moderator who deleted the earlier version (1:12pm) of this post while claiming I made a personal attack, well, obviously his/her cranium has gone too many miles since its last oatmeal change, for nothing could be farther from the truth than to claim my post was a personal attack on any person or group of persons.
Heavy handed moderation can be annoying, but when the mod doesn't have the grace to notify me that they've moderated me, or even to identify themselves, well, that's entirely ridiculous.

course tasman, the opportunity still exists for a rational to be moderated...lol

and here i was trying to discern what you posted towards my comment about the druggies which got you deleted...

thanks for the reminder...and ya they didn't think i believe they thought they were busted which is why i walked smartly away w/o making eye contact with the dumb chits...

ipse

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snipped--

When a Moderator deletes a post w/explanation, that Moderator is always identified.

You add injury to insult and ask for personal service? Really? Might be better to stick to facts and leave personality out of it.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snipped-- ".......nothing could be farther from the truth than to claim my post was a personal attack on any person or group of persons."
Fail - your denial notwithstanding.

We do not allow speaking of LEOs in such a negative fashion here. That is a direct, specific violation of our Forum Rules.

(6) NO PERSONAL ATTACKS: While you may disagree strongly with another poster based upon their opinion, we will NOT tolerate any personal attacks or general bashing of groups of people based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity or choice of occupation (e.g., being a law enforcement officer, in the military, etc).

taxman

Banned
When a Moderator deletes a post w/explanation, that Moderator is always identified.

How?
I still don't know who moderated that post, although I always suspected it was you.
All I see when I view that post is:

taxman

Reason
Rule #6

That's it, those six words, none of which are the screen name of any mod I recognize.
Maybe it's my browser, if so, please correct my impression of the situation.

And I was just trying to come up with a possible quote from the dirt-bags who saw Soleus, no insult to LE intended, and nobody I personally know in LE would have been offended in the slightest in that post, so I still say no personal attack occurred (in that post), and therefore I'm not the liar here.

For calling me a liar, well, my PM to you stands for itself, and yes, it's a personal insult.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snipped--

For calling me a liar, well, my PM to you stands for itself, and yes, it's a personal insult.
When one violates the rules (including with personal insults, F-bombs, and a demand for a sexual favor), it should come as no surprise when the hammer falls.

I don't defecate where I work and live, nor will I tolerate others doing so.

Returning this to your regularly scheduled programming, move on if you please as there is nothing more to see here.