• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NC OC experience reports

tiggy1190

Chock one up for the good guy!

Met with the BCSD yesterday morning, and was given back my weapon, magazine, bullets, the spent shell casing, and a thank you. I was asked if I wanted to carry it out in the bag, or holster it. So I put the magazine in, racked one, and walked out holstered. Now I gotta go to court soon to testify.

Last edited:

Jamesm760

At our last OC meet in Kernersville we had a couple people join us at the table. It was the smallest group we've had (4), but people actually joined us at the table and had a conversation with us. (all of them were pro 2ndA, pro OC). One of them shared an encounter he had with 2 juveniles; he got hit on the head with a bat and shot on his thigh while they mugged him. He is from VA but was passing through NC. He said that he carries a revolver in an ankle holster.

FlyBoy276

I stopped by Aldi on the way home from work, last night. A woman and her child pulled in to the spot next to me at the same time I was pulling in. When she was about to exit her vehicle, she noticed that I was OCing, and hesitated. This woman sat in the car the entire time I was shopping, and exited when I was pulling out of my spot. :rolleyes:

How ironic would it have been if the store was robbed, when I left? :p

Jamesm760

I stopped by Aldi on the way home from work, last night. A woman and her child pulled in to the spot next to me at the same time I was pulling in. When she was about to exit her vehicle, she noticed that I was OCing, and hesitated. This woman sat in the car the entire time I was shopping, and exited when I was pulling out of my spot. :rolleyes:

How ironic would it have been if the store was robbed, when I left? :p

WHAT IIIIIIF, SHE WAS THE ROBBER! :eek: #deterrent

give_me_a_glock

I got my first noticeable reaction to open carry yesterday. I was in line at a gas station and this crazy man saw my glock and put his hands up like he was surrendering. I just smiled at him. It was pretty funny actually.

WalkingWolf

After doctors appointment we stopped at San Felipe for lunch I got the stink eye from a person that looked like a cop. Ya know in plain clothes or off duty wearing a tshirt that says COP. Sure enough when we left and got in the car was a unmarked squad car from MARYLAND.

If he can't handle freedom he should cart his behind back to Maryland.

FastWReX

So, this past Sunday I went to a local pizza place in Dallas, NC to pick up an order for my wife and I. I was OC'ing my Beretta PX4 Storm in a Serpa 2 holster. As I walked in, I noticed a guy that was standing in front of me waiting to pick up his order as well. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed he did a triple look at my Beretta. He didn't say anything or do anything, but I can imagine he was thinking a million thoughts. Although it was a brief encounter, and nothing was said it still was a good experience. I'm a little younger looking then I really am (look 19 or 20, but really am 28) but I think it showed that the younger generation can be responsible when OC'ing firearms. Anywho, just wanted to posted about it.

Jamesm760

So, this past Sunday I went to a local pizza place in Dallas, NC to pick up an order for my wife and I. I was OC'ing my Beretta PX4 Storm in a Serpa 2 holster. As I walked in, I noticed a guy that was standing in front of me waiting to pick up his order as well. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed he did a triple look at my Beretta. He didn't say anything or do anything, but I can imagine he was thinking a million thoughts. Although it was a brief encounter, and nothing was said it still was a good experience. I'm a little younger looking then I really am (look 19 or 20, but really am 28) but I think it showed that the younger generation can be responsible when OC'ing firearms. Anywho, just wanted to posted about it.

I have the same problem... except I'm 23 and look like I'm 15 or 16... People say my younger brother (17) looks older than me. :lol:

FastWReX

Hell, I am old enough now that everybody under 30 looks like young'ns to me.

i see couples now married with baby's. I think, boy they look like teenagers. but i know they are in their late twenties

I guess I'd feel better about it if I didn't get interrogated by bouncers doing door security at the bar for 5 minutes while all my friends and my wife are already inside. Ahhh, it's that baby face. I suppose I'll be thankful when I'm older.

bc.cruiser

Searched through Harris-Teeter (Fayetteville) today for an item; not found. No one noticed, or at least paid any attention, to me OCing.:D

I was on the way home from the gun buy back event. I saw nothing worth buying and so bought nothing. A guy doing the same thing got a bit of a hassle from a group of 5 plainclothes cops. He stayed cool, and they got nothing. They didn't know I was doing the same thing. To them, I was just a guy taking photos of them in action. I wish I had thought about taking my son's HiPoint; they would have given $200 for a $145 gun.

Last edited:

325rto

Searched through Harris-Teeter (Fayetteville) today for an item; not found. No one noticed, or at least paid any attention, to me OCing.:D

I was on the way home from the gun buy back event. I saw nothing worth buying and so bought nothing. A guy doing the same thing got a bit of a hassle from a group of 5 plainclothes cops. He stayed cool, and they got nothing. They didn't know I was doing the same thing. To them, I was just a guy taking photos of them in action. I wish I had thought about taking my son's HiPoint; they would have given $200 for a $145 gun.

A guy doing the same thing got a bit of a hassle from a group of 5 plainclothes cops. Why were the cops all over him?

bc.cruiser

A guy doing the same thing got a bit of a hassle from a group of 5 plainclothes cops. Why were the cops all over him?

He was carrying the sign "Cash for guns".

Someone apparently got the idea that offering to buy guns while on the sidewalk is illegal, and wanted to throw a little weight around. Initially, two plainclothes and two uniforms came out; the uniforms left after a couple minutes. Then other plainclothes drifted in to get in on any action. One plainclothes officer, who had his badge displayed around his neck, asked for and got the man's ID (along with CHP). The prospective buyer remained cool and calm, explaining what he was doing, how he was doing it, and that according being done in accordance with NC law.

Even after the man was free to leave, a couple cops still kept on about how dangerous it is to have people buying guns in this manner. I talked to several of the people waiting to turn guns in about the scene as they were curious. All were supportive of the man trying to buy.

ccwinstructor

Centurion
If you care to send me some info and a picture or two, I could write an article

You can look at ammoland, and gun watch to see examples of my writing.

papa bear

He was carrying the sign "Cash for guns".

Someone apparently got the idea that offering to buy guns while on the sidewalk is illegal, and wanted to throw a little weight around. Initially, two plainclothes and two uniforms came out; the uniforms left after a couple minutes. Then other plainclothes drifted in to get in on any action. One plainclothes officer, who had his badge displayed around his neck, asked for and got the man's ID (along with CHP). The prospective buyer remained cool and calm, explaining what he was doing, how he was doing it, and that according being done in accordance with NC law.

Even after the man was free to leave, a couple cops still kept on about how dangerous it is to have people buying guns in this manner. I talked to several of the people waiting to turn guns in about the scene as they were curious. All were supportive of the man trying to buy.

I, for one would like to see the pictures. Would love video also, if there was any. Let's have some more details