• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NC OC experience reports

PLUR

Had my first bad experience with the public finally.

Went to the local wal-mart around what I'm guessing was shift change because a lot of employees were coming out of the front door. One of the younger girls started giving me a hard time about my pistol. "Oh look what a big man blah blah blah" that sort of thing, she kept walking and I just shook my head and went about my business.

Everyone inside was friendly as always.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Had my first bad experience with the public finally.

Went to the local wal-mart around what I'm guessing was shift change because a lot of employees were coming out of the front door. One of the younger girls started giving me a hard time about my pistol. "Oh look what a big man blah blah blah" that sort of thing, she kept walking and I just shook my head and went about my business.

Everyone inside was friendly as always.
Should have IDd her to management. They would have been unhappy with her expressing sentiments not in keeping with company policy regarding harassing customers etc.

Turning a negative into a positive is sometimes just a matter of follow through. Had the MoD said, "I apologize and will talk to her and get it straight." that would have made it a positive report. :)

razor_baghdad

@PLUR @grapeshot not too late for turning this positive. ....

All WM's have video surveillance cams.....---> EVERYWHERE<--- Have the local manager look up the time you entered and identify the employee. She needs a good talking to. This alerts the manager that we are "watching" and that he/she must abide by state laws....without verbal abuse by their employees.

WM is NC Gold Star and needs to be commended for their efforts at maintaining state laws. This employee is an anomaly and needs to be identified.

HPmatt

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Thank goodness it was just a pic of a rusty gun - I thought I there was going to be a pic of the *****************

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

PLUR

Should have IDd her to management. They would have been unhappy with her expressing sentiments not in keeping with company policy regarding harassing customers etc.

Turning a negative into a positive is sometimes just a matter of follow through. Had the MoD said, "I apologize and will talk to her and get it straight." that would have made it a positive report. :)

I was more concerned about getting what I needed and leaving, had a hungry child in the car.

Plus from what I can tell she was off the clock so it's her time and her co-workers weren't giving her looks of approval by any means. I'll let it ride and wait to see if it happens again, if she works that shift often then I'll eventually run into her again. If she does it again I'll talk to management, right now I don't want to press the issue.

I know we're all about education around these parts but I don't waste my time arguing with an idiot when I have **** to do. She's young, she'll learn how the world really works eventually. Everyone else was nice as always and they know me from begin in there often. There is no doubt in my mind it got back around to the shift manager anyway.

Last edited:

solus

well, kinda, mighta pushed a couple buttons on a couple of folk today while at eating at sonic this afternoon with a friend...

youngish white bloke with nice bright lite blue ink up his right neck, leading to large black swirls on his face to his eyes walked out of the 'party area' over to a brown late model vehicle driven by a youngish black man and handed him what appeared to be a large rolled up wad of bills. at which time the gentlemen in the brown vehicle slowly backed up saw my firearm, stopped dead & stared, at which point i popped off...it's alright i got your license number! the driver got a pained & panic'd look and drove forward, stopped for a moment where i lost sight of him, then slowly drove out to the main street into traffic.

at which point the inked gentleman's phone rang and that gentleman became significantly agitated and started pacing rapidly and looking over at me and watching me as i ate my hamburger w/o even looking or watching him...(my armed friend was!!)

individuals agitation continued as his pacing stepped up and after about five minutes, he left the party area walking the parking lot towards the rear of the establishment, then he apparently walked around the other side inside the building, went inside the staff area, then left went out towards the back again, swiftly walking back to the party area.

bout 10 minutes later he and a female companion, who did not walk beside but to the rear, left the party area and dashed across the street to another restaurant's parking lot and after walking between and looking at several vehicles finally climbed in one and departed.

life in rural religious eastern NC seems to be a hub of excitement at times...i guess i have to get our more!!

ipse

yes my very good friend and i maintained SA for each other...

bc.cruiser

Out and about today prepping for some serious work on the F350, wearing the Rock Island .45 compact. Smith International for coolant; 5 customers, 2 office people, 2 parts counter. Not a word nor a look. Harbor Freight: extended conversation with a former LEO who only asked what caliber the gun is; most of the conversation was about tools. Ford dealership, PepBoys, O'Reilly's auto parts, and WalMart: only a couple people apparently noticed, but nobody changed what they were doing. Security guard at the library (posted) hardly looked up, probably since it was obvious I was not going inside. What a boring (but expensive) day.:lol::lol:

solus

toddled down to the starbuck's on memorial ordered, plopped down, and chatted for over an hour w/o anybody going screaming in to the streets with life continuing in rural religious eastern NC.

ipse

nobama

Wife and I went to Lowes hardware to get a few things when a female employee came up to me and thanked me for carrying. She said Lowes supports and encourages CC and OC. This was a positive and even though I have OCied in there 1000 times, this was a first for me and will gladly spend my money there than someplace else.

draksig

Was in Harris Teeter yesterday and the only reaction I got was as I was leaving, a small boy on the kiddy ride saw me and his eyes went so wide it made me smile.

solus

coming home over the weekend off 13 and low and behold in the middle of residential road are two adults playing with their RCs dodging big cars while running around OC their firearms on their hips. much to the chagrin to the individual behind me, i stopped and chatted a moment giving the forum's web address...finally the horn started and i said good bye and headed home.

ipse

Last edited:

solus

got to go to the big city late afternoon to visit Cabelas in Garner for their 'BIG' sale...(I suppose sale is in the eyes of the beholder on BIG) and discovered they are truly impressed with their firearms...

then off to near by & surprisingly crowded Five Guys...

and since i was on an outing in the big city...toddled down to Gander Mtn to see what they had to offer...chatted with your lovely ladies ~ partners as it were, and some of the store staff on the virtues of OC'g.

bottom line, again, nobody, absolutely nobody, batted an eye, raised an eyebrow, or said a word regarding my openly carried firearm on my belt.

ipse

addenum...bud's is still the lowest price for firearms w/no shipping incurred. find and make friends with a friendly FFL w/minimal transfer fees tho

REDFIVE48

Nothing to report in the last several months of OCing, including into restaurants that serve alcohol. Only reason I'm actually posting is because I saw another OCer while checking out at Walmart last night in Denver, NC. Said hello, had a nice quick chat, had the cashier say 'guess I'm safe for now', and we both went on our way. Said he's not on the internet very often, so didn't think he was part of the forum.
I don't OC in church, I CC in church mainly because I work as an usher quite frequently and don't think it appropriate when working in official capacity at church, but the deacon came up to me yesterday and asked if I was packing as somehow he knows I do, and wanted to make sure I had him covered in case someone didn't like his homily message :) I told him I had him covered.

nobama

Nothing big to report, but did see another OCing in Walmart K-Ville Sat, had a good chat, told him about this site, his son liked my hydro-dipped Glock on my hip.

HPmatt

....but the deacon came up to me yesterday and asked if I was packing as somehow he knows I do, and wanted to make sure I had him covered in case someone didn't like his homily message :) I told him I had him covered.

I would have added 'of course if I don't like the message too, you might need to fend for yourself...'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

solus

went for breakfast at the infamous huddle house and as i was leaving was waiting at the pay line and a better than average dressed matronly woman was waiting for her husband to pay and we struck up a quick conversation and i made comment i should see if her husband wanted to pick up my tab as well! her response: you have the gun on that should convince him to pay for your breakfast! i leaned closer to her and told her the gun was used to fight off the women such as herself, but for a woman who looked as good as she did, i would make an exception and leave it holstered!!

speechless and bright red and glow immediately followed as i turned to pay my bill.

ipe

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
went for breakfast at the infamous huddle house and as i was leaving was waiting at the pay line and a better than average dressed matronly woman was waiting for her husband to pay and we struck up a quick conversation and i made comment i should see if her husband wanted to pick up my tab as well! her response: you have the gun on that should convince him to pay for your breakfast! i leaned closer to her and told her the gun was used to fight off the women such as herself, but for a woman who looked as good as she did, i would make an exception and leave it holstered!!

speechless and bright red and glow immediately followed as i turned to pay my bill.

ipe
:lol:...:lol: Likely made her day you ol' dog.