• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NC OC experience reports

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I've been wearing quite uneventfully driving to and staying in Boone.

Had my first gun comment today as I stood outside of the Food Lion near my house. A guy was walking out while talking on a cell phone and said: "There's a guy out here with a pistol on his hip. The man ain't playin'."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well he was right to the degree that it is not a game. :)

knd578

I've been wearing quite uneventfully driving to and staying in Boone.

Had my first gun comment today as I stood outside of the Food Lion near my house. A guy was walking out while talking on a cell phone and said: "There's a guy out here with a pistol on his hip. The man ain't playin'."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate when people feel the need to make some comments like this out loud. I had one lady make a big deal when i went into a convenience store one time saying "that guy gun, let me stand back before i get shot"

solus

I hate when people feel the need to make some comments like this out loud. I had one lady make a big deal when i went into a convenience store one time saying "that guy gun, let me stand back before i get shot"

knd, ppl try'n to be cute or think'n they are while making those kinda of statements loudly actually scare the live'n B'jesus out of me as i am 'fraid some fool, but nice LE, or other armed citizen will hear the comment and perceive there is something wayward going on and react poorly towards me as i stand there.

when it is said i go on hyper alert watching & worry'n who is going to jump out and confront me with a gun, or knife, or other defensive item.

i always have a small & quiet private chat with the individual explaining their actions, while comical, could have serious ramifications...most of the time they understand the peril they put everyone under and then state...'duh, didn't think about it from that perspective...'

one instance tho, a year or so ago, the employee of the small establishment attached to the gas pumps flat out told me they are required to say that out loud for notification to other employees in the store, e.g., back room or in the coolers, and to get the visual and verbal warning recorded on store surveillance video.

ipse

Last edited:

solus

bloody lawn mowing equipment is such a pain to constantly maintain, but...beats sheep or goats wandering the yard! anyway, needed a belt, yet again, so i toddled down to local tractor supply, walked in, began looking at the gaggle of belts hanging on the display to find the reference book... of course, no such critter exists there...sigh, this is going to take a while.

while standing in the sparcely occupied store, i hear over the loud speakers...

SECURITY...turn on ALL the aisle recording devices, visual and sound...SECURITY repeated twice more.

thought to myself....awww now isn't this a precious moment, someone noticed!! and proceeded to continue on my quest for the Grail...

ipse

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
bloody lawn mowing equipment is such a pain to constantly maintain, but...beats sheep or goats wandering the yard! anyway, needed a belt, yet again, so i toddled down to local tractor supply, walked in, began looking at the gaggle of belts hanging on the display to find the reference book... of course, no such critter exists there...sigh, this is going to take a while.

SECURITY...turn on ALL the aisle recording devices, visual and sound...SECURITY repeated twice more.

thought to myself....awww now isn't this a precious moment, someone noticed!! and proceeded to continue on my quest for the Grail...

ipse
Would seem to publicly suggest that their security cams are for show only.......most of the time.

Normally staff and security would communicate privately or by alpha numeric codes.

WalkingWolf

Would seem to publicly suggest that their security cams are for show only.......most of the time.

Normally staff and security would communicate privately or by alpha numeric codes.

They do it in Food Lion all the time, call security to the phone, or front. Loss prevention is out of corporate, other than that there is no security officers in Food Lion. But FL is gun friendly, they do the announcements to scare off shoplifters.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
They do it in Food Lion all the time, call security to the phone, or front. Loss prevention is out of corporate, other than that there is no security officers in Food Lion. But FL is gun friendly, they do the announcements to scare off shoplifters.
Well if that works then they must a no shrinkage.......except for inside/employee pilferage.

papa bear

ipse

quick side note SOLUS. I have a riding mower that i salvaged. thanks to a cousin it runs real well but keeps breaking drive belts. I looked in sears and the belts cost 62$. but by chance i thought why not, and looked on Amazon better belt, same order #, cost 16$. I ordered two. haven't broke the first one yet. only took a day to get it. I am on prime membership

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

quick side note SOLUS. I have a riding mower that i salvaged. thanks to a cousin it runs real well but keeps breaking drive belts. I looked in sears and the belts cost 62$. but by chance i thought why not, and looked on Amazon better belt, same order #, cost 16$. I ordered two. haven't broke the first one yet. only took a day to get it. I am on prime membership

Once the pulleys get worn they will chew up drive belts, you may need to replace the pulleys.

solus

Staying within the guidelines, papa bear OCs while mowing...........:D

sorry bc, that is a given isn't it??? shame on suggesting otherwise!! :banana:

any time i am dressed, i am armed...tho to be honest set the firearm on the seat and didnt while crawling around on the ground replacing the drive belt...twice :banghead:

since they sold me a 95 in belt in lieu of the 90 in i needed...not being a size queen or anything :eek:

thanks for the insight papa and WW i will check the edges of the pullys

ipse

325rto

Several Food Lions in Fayetteville have security guards.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
LOL, I didn't put my sarcasm smiley, my comment was slanted towards the fanbois who claim Glocks are the end all to firearms. But I bet you knew that already.:p
Yep, I sure did.

The fanbois should be glad I didn't post a picture of a "melted" Glock :lol: