• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NC OC experience reports

MKEgal

Kwik Stix said:
"hello, how are you?" and he replies, "I'm afraid".
I kind of chuckled and said, "You don't need to be afraid of me",
to which he replied "I'm not, I'm afraid of the gun".
... Turns out he is a firearm owner
That's really screwed up. He owns guns, but is afraid of them. :eek:

Jamesm760

Wells Fargo

So I went to go get some money out from Wells Fargo today. Since they have a $300 limit, I had to go inside.

Long story short, firearms are not allowed inside any of the branches, they let me finish my transaction but asked me not to comeback with my sidearm anymore.

spoke with Manager, he said it was illegal to go into a bank with a firearm.
I then asked for corps #, called and they confirmed that firearms are not allowed into any of the branches unless you are LEO, or security.

Also, I might have recorded the entire phone encounter but I didn't let them know I was recording so I'm pretty sure that was not legal... the file might have been deleted I can't remember. I was going to upload the video on youtube, but since the possible recording, might have been possibly deleted...

I am now going to go hunting for a new bank, any suggestions?

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

I never step foot inside any bank, so I wouldn't know. In this day and age I have no need for a walk in bank. If I am paid in cash the cash never sees the inside of a bank, it stays cash. Everything else can be done online.

If I did not have issues with NRA I would suggest that they provide their members with credit union services. I have found that most financial institutions are progressive in ideals, IMO finding one that is not on some level would be difficult. I had some problems a decade back with using a debit card to purchase a gun, the next day I withdrew all of my money.

Greg Bradburn

So I went to go get some money out from Wells Fargo today. Since they have a $300 limit, I had to go inside.

Long story short, firearms are not allowed inside any of the branches, they let me finish my transaction but asked me not to comeback with my sidearm anymore.

spoke with Manager, he said it was illegal to go into a bank with a firearm.
I then asked for corps #, called and they confirmed that firearms are not allowed into any of the branches unless you are LEO, or security.

Also, I might have recorded the entire phone encounter but I didn't let them know I was recording so I'm pretty sure that was not legal... the file might have been deleted I can't remember. I was going to upload the video on youtube, but since the possible recording, might have been possibly deleted...

I am now going to go hunting for a new bank, any suggestions?

This would be a radical departure for Wells Fargo. When they took over Wachovia they IMMEDIATELY took down all the gun buster signs and all reports have been that they are CC/OC friendly.

It is NOT illegal to go into a bank with a firearm so if the manager told you that he was flat wrong.

NC is a single-party-consent state so as long as you are part of the conversation being recorded it is perfectly legal and you do not need to inform the other parties involved.

Jamesm760

This would be a radical departure for Wells Fargo. When they took over Wachovia they IMMEDIATELY took down all the gun buster signs and all reports have been that they are CC/OC friendly.

It is NOT illegal to go into a bank with a firearm so if the manager told you that he was flat wrong.

NC is a single-party-consent state so as long as you are part of the conversation being recorded it is perfectly legal and you do not need to inform the other parties involved.

I know its legal to carry inside a "financial institution"....
and I haven't had any problems with them until today...
IDK what to think of it, the corporate representative clearly said they have a no firearm policy on all branches, I guess it depends on each branch whether they enforce it or not.

@walkinwolf I don't like banks either but, I do allot of online stuff... and like I said the only reason I went inside was because the drive-through atm has a $300 limit...

carolina guy

I know its legal to carry inside a "financial institution"....
and I haven't had any problems with them until today...
IDK what to think of it, the corporate representative clearly said they have a no firearm policy on all branches, I guess it depends on each branch whether they enforce it or not.

@walkinwolf I don't like banks either but, I do allot of online stuff... and like I said the only reason I went inside was because the drive-through atm has a $300 limit...

Is it posted on the doors?

Jamesm760

No, mon. Never encourage the use/display of gun buster signs.

I didn't tell that to corporate though, I only said it to the local branch I was in... but I only said it because they said I wasn't welcomed anymore with my baby. They wanted me to leave my baby in the car, unattended, under the hot summer sun. THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

On another note, I just came back from Food Lion, they had an armed security guard at the door and as i left he gave me the biggest cheesiest smile and gave me a nod in approval, of me carrying I suppose, at least I hope that's what the nod and smile was for o_O

Jamesm760

Highway Patrol encounter

THIS lucky guy right here was allegedly going 82mph on a 65.... Got pulled over, and he approached my vehicle from the passenger side. (i had my firearm on right hip) I kept hands on steering wheel at all times, he got to the passenger window, I told him, "I don't know if you noticed it already, but I am lawlfully open carrying a firearm" He asked, "do you have a permit" I said, "no sir" and that't it as far as the OCing goes, no more questioning about it, no temp seizure, stayed in my car entire encounter... I still got my speeding ticket, yayyyyyyy!

but i'm glad the overall experience was good.

gsxrman

I've never personally carried here, but I did see 6 or 7 guys carrying. (Looked like a meetup of some kind) eating supper in Robbinsville. All was well.

carolina guy

THIS lucky guy right here was allegedly going 82mph on a 65.... Got pulled over, and he approached my vehicle from the passenger side. (i had my firearm on right hip) I kept hands on steering wheel at all times, he got to the passenger window, I told him, "I don't know if you noticed it already, but I am lawlfully open carrying a firearm" He asked, "do you have a permit" I said, "no sir" and that't it as far as the OCing goes, no more questioning about it, no temp seizure, stayed in my car entire encounter... I still got my speeding ticket, yayyyyyyy!

but i'm glad the overall experience was good.

You better get that ticket taken care of asap...

§ 20‑16.1. Mandatory suspension of driver's license upon conviction of excessive speeding; limited driving permits for first offenders.

Notwithstanding any other provisions of this Article, the Division shall suspend for a period of 30 days the license of any driver without preliminary hearing on receiving a record of the driver's conviction of either (i) exceeding by more than 15 miles per hour the speed limit, either within or outside the corporate limits of a municipality, if the person was also driving at a speed in excess of 55 miles per hour at the time of the offense, or (ii) driving at a speed in excess of 80 miles per hour at the time of the offense.

carolina guy

Yea I'm going to court on the day it's dated for... already requested it off. =)

If you have the cash, you might be better off spending it on an attorney that specializes in speeding tickets...more than likely can get it to disappear for about $400. Better than the points, insurance hit and possible suspension!

I would find an attorney...might not even have to show for court and not lose any $$ that way. ;)

Last edited:

Jamesm760

If you have the cash, you might be better off spending it on an attorney that specializes in speeding tickets...more than likely can get it to disappear for about $400. Better than the points, insurance hit and possible suspension!

I would find an attorney...might not even have to show for court and not lose any $$ that way. ;)

No thanks, I try to deal with small things like this myself. In MECK county you usually line up and then they ask you if you just want to pay the fines, then you line up on separate line and they reduce speed by 5-10 and you just pay it like that... either way, I rather go handle it myself. should be less than $400

G22shooter

Campaign Veteran
I had a great experience at Bojangles yesterday. I was at the Bojangles on Concord Parkway north at the 601 bypass. There were two guys in there when I went inside to get some food. They were from the hood, you could say. When I finish my food and went back up to the counter to get a refill one of the two guys with that they're talking to the manager and asking her if she noticed that I was carrying. He was making a huge fuss about it and acting like he thought I was going to shoot up the place. The manager told him not to worry about it but I didn't look like the dangerous type and if I was going to do something I would've already done it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

bc.cruiser

We've been down this aisle before any number of times. When you called WF corporate, was it Customer Service or the Security Manager you talked to? Customer service has never gotten it right; they read only from the employee handbook. As others have said, WF is customer gun friendly; their policy to is follow state law.

Separate note: The Ft. Bragg Credit Union (Fayetteville) is now gun unfriendly. They went from allowing all types of carry, to no CC, and now no guns. I don't do business with them, including their ATM.