• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NC OC experience reports

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
OC'D Today in Charlotte,NC

I went into a Walgreens today to pick up some Nyquil. I remembered in the past that this place had been robbed several times. I decided to keep my glock locked up in the car..

What the hell good is your Glock going to do for you if the store gets robbed while you're at the front of the line, and its "locked up in the car"?

Why bother even taking it out of your house to begin with?

Sheesh!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

nobama

Walgreens is one of the most OC friendly chains that I know of. The main reason for carrying a firearm is to protect youself and others from serious bodily harm or death. These things happen in many ways including robberies. If this is a robbery prone store then that gives you even more good reason to carry. If you don't have it, it can't help you or anyone else.

++++++ 1, also, the best and most secure place to have your gun (outside your home) is on your hip where it belongs.

spiderjohn

Walgreens is one of the most OC friendly chains that I know of. The main reason for carrying a firearm is to protect youself and others from serious bodily harm or death. These things happen in many ways including robberies. If this is a robbery prone store then that gives you even more good reason to carry. If you don't have it, it can't help you or anyone else.

I'm not responsible for protecting others and that's not why I carry. I am carrying to protect myself and my family. I'm not sure what I would do for someone I don't know..depends on the situation but you have to be careful in NC when intervening because you could find yourself in a big legal crap storm.

M

mattwestm

I'm not responsible for protecting others and that's not why I carry. I am carrying to protect myself and my family. I'm not sure what I would do for someone I don't know..depends on the situation but you have to be careful in NC when intervening because you could find yourself in a big legal crap storm.

While I mostly agree with you, I must say that if I were in a store and I knew the cashier's life were in danger, I would feel obligated to react. I couldn't live with myself knowing a cashier was murdered if I could have done something about it. The problem is that you never know what a robber's intentions are.

razor_baghdad

While I mostly agree with you, I must say that if I were in a store and I knew the cashier's life were in danger, I would feel obligated to react. I couldn't live with myself knowing a cashier was murdered if I could have done something about it. The problem is that you never know what a robber's intentions are.

Most usually you wouldn't have to worry about anything at all if you witnessed the clerk being murdered as you'd be right there beside her/him, unless, of course, you had your GUN with you!! ;)

spiderjohn

My problem is that unless you know everything about the situation, you are possibly opening yourself up to legal troubles. While a robber situation is kind of cut and dry...suppose you walked into the store and saw a guy pulling a gun on the clerk. You shoot and kill him.

But what you didn't know is that the clerk and him had a long standing feud and the clerk had already pulled a gun on the guy (which you couldn't see) and he was getting ready to shoot him. The guy you just shot and killed was defending himself. Then you are arrested.

This is kind of far fetched but do you see the point I'm trying to make when 'defending' strangers?

ArmySoldier22

My problem is that unless you know everything about the situation, you are possibly opening yourself up to legal troubles. While a robber situation is kind of cut and dry...suppose you walked into the store and saw a guy pulling a gun on the clerk. You shoot and kill him.

But what you didn't know is that the clerk and him had a long standing feud and the clerk had already pulled a gun on the guy (which you couldn't see) and he was getting ready to shoot him. The guy you just shot and killed was defending himself. Then you are arrested.

This is kind of far fetched but do you see the point I'm trying to make when 'defending' strangers?

I definitely see your point. And this is the problem with most scenarios involving other people, because a lot of times things aren't as they appear. In that specific situation, I'd probably have to try to determine if my own life was in danger before attempting anything. Now if I was already there, and somebody came in and tried to rob the place, that's a little more straightforward. But it's not a clear cut situation either. Is your life in danger? To be honest, there's a good chance it's not.. But at the same time, if you wait until the gun's pointed at you then it's probably too late.. That being said, in that situation, I'd probably have to side with the saying that one story's better than two.

David

bc.cruiser

You'd be OK if I were that cashier. "Thanks, man, you saved my life. He was gonna shoot me!"

aosailor

OCed today at Five Guys over by Northlake Mall today.... well me and about 7 others.... over all pretty good. 1 lady told us she was scared of all our guns. I just laughed and told her that its not the guns she can see she needs to be worried about. She seemed to be content with that answer.

lots of fun and was great to meet everybody lol see y'all next weekend!

ImJustMylan

OCed today at Five Guys over by Northlake Mall today.... well me and about 7 others.... over all pretty good. 1 lady told us she was scared of all our guns. I just laughed and told her that its not the guns she can see she needs to be worried about. She seemed to be content with that answer.

lots of fun and was great to meet everybody lol see y'all next weekend!

GOOD TIMES.... GOOOOOOOOOOD TIMES...... AND MONDO MORE GOOD TIMES!!!:banana:

ImJustMylan

What the hell good is your Glock going to do for you if the store gets robbed while you're at the front of the line, and its "locked up in the car"?

Why bother even taking it out of your house to begin with?

Sheesh!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Sound like a little kid with their first toy gun..... But MOMMY what happens if the monsters come get me?

:banghead: You and the whole getting robbbed, should have a gun out and open on you at all times, so you can kill the bad guy blah blah:cry:.

Im pretty sure you know about this slogan

shit%20happens.jpg

Last edited:

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Sound like a little kid with their first toy gun..... But MOMMY what happens if the monsters come get me?

:banghead: You and the whole getting robbbed, should have a gun out and open on you at all times, so you can kill the bad guy blah blah:cry:.

Im pretty sure you know about this slogan

View attachment 7126

I carry for personal protection. OC for activism purposes is a distant second. I do not always OC. I probably CC a little bit more often than OC (60/40). If I am armed, and the proverbial **** hits the fan, there is a possibility that I may not be able to deploy my handgun if I were to fall victim to a robbery. There have been some good books & magazine articles written which detail tactics in such an encounter - even in a recent issue of Combat Handguns, there is an article talking about methods to distract, disrupt & draw in such an encounter. Bottom line is this: If I am armed, there is a chance that I may not be able to draw in defense. If I am not armed, then there is NO chance that I will be able to draw a weapon in defense.

I prefer some chance over no chance.

ImJustMylan

I carry for personal protection. OC for activism purposes is a distant second. I do not always OC. I probably CC a little bit more often than OC (60/40). If I am armed, and the proverbial **** hits the fan, there is a possibility that I may not be able to deploy my handgun if I were to fall victim to a robbery. There have been some good books & magazine articles written which detail tactics in such an encounter - even in a recent issue of Combat Handguns, there is an article talking about methods to distract, disrupt & draw in such an encounter. Bottom line is this: If I am armed, there is a chance that I may not be able to draw in defense. If I am not armed, then there is NO chance that I will be able to draw a weapon in defense.

I prefer some chance over no chance.

That's great.. your opinion. Don't bash me on mine..

ArmySoldier22

I OC'ed past every cop and State Trooper in this half of the state I think. I don't know what i was thinking, but I decided to go see a movie tonight.. at Concord Mills.. Yeah, stupid, I know. Getting to the interstate from Concord Mills only took about 10 minutes, no big deal. But 85N was blocked off from there.. damn.. So I had to take 85 S, and decided to take 29 all the way around "Somehow it didn't cross my mind that this would take me RIGHT BY the race track :banghead:" Where I think I drove past a couple hundred state troopers "not exaggerating either, I stopped counting at 60" directing traffic as well as a bunch of local PD. Didn't get more than a bunch of nods after I noticed them looking at my firearm though "being on a motorcycle, it's pretty hard NOT to see it". Spent about 45 minutes getting through them all lol. Then after a little over an hour later, I finally made it home.

David

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I OC'ed past every cop and State Trooper in this half of the state I think. I don't know what i was thinking, but I decided to go see a movie tonight.. at Concord Mills.. Yeah, stupid, I know. Getting to the interstate from Concord Mills only took about 10 minutes, no big deal. But 85N was blocked off from there.. damn.. So I had to take 85 S, and decided to take 29 all the way around "Somehow it didn't cross my mind that this would take me RIGHT BY the race track :banghead:" Where I think I drove past a couple hundred state troopers "not exaggerating either, I stopped counting at 60" directing traffic as well as a bunch of local PD. Didn't get more than a bunch of nods after I noticed them looking at my firearm though "being on a motorcycle, it's pretty hard NOT to see it". Spent about 45 minutes getting through them all lol. Then after a little over an hour later, I finally made it home.

David

So other than that, how was the movie? :p

rdinatal

David

I'm curious... Where/how did you store your firearm while you were in the movie?

-R