• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NC OC experience reports

ArmySoldier22

I'm curious... Where/how did you store your firearm while you were in the movie?

-R

I have a steel gunsafe mounted to the back of my bike, covered by a weatherproof cover. Underneath it, there's a radio mounted, and it doesn't even look like there's a safe there.

Large Caliber Kick

Mooresville, North Carolina, United States
I have a steel gunsafe mounted to the back of my bike, covered by a weatherproof cover. Underneath it, there's a radio mounted, and it doesn't even look like there's a safe there.

I've seen the bike, you really can't tell.

Just oc'd in Petsmart a few minutes ago. Nobody cared until I was in the parking lot on the way back to my truck. I stopped to wait for a lady to back her suburban out of a parking space. Her passenger, who I am guessing was her son about 15 years of age, saw my S&W and became so petrified he couldn't collect his jaw. I was expecting him to announce my presence to his mother, but at this rate he was going to start drooling before that happened.

aosailor

her son about 15 years of age, saw my S&W and became so petrified he couldn't collect his jaw. I was expecting him to announce my presence to his mother, but at this rate he was going to start drooling before that happened.

Not like that little blonde kid yesterday, he saw all of us OCing and he whipped out his little blue water pistol and rocked out just like the big boys! :D

ArmySoldier22

Hiding in plain view - nice touch!

Thanks! Wasn't about to give up OCing on my bike going to things I enjoy doing. I may have to give up my right to OC while I'm there, but I'll be damned if I'm unarmed getting there lol.

And yeah, that little kid was awesome lol.

David

ImJustMylan

I've seen the bike, you really can't tell.

Just oc'd in Petsmart a few minutes ago. Nobody cared until I was in the parking lot on the way back to my truck. I stopped to wait for a lady to back her suburban out of a parking space. Her passenger, who I am guessing was her son about 15 years of age, saw my S&W and became so petrified he couldn't collect his jaw. I was expecting him to announce my presence to his mother, but at this rate he was going to start drooling before that happened.

I oc'd there before.. nothing like guns & beta fishes..

CDT COX

This thread get the most traffic and I dont want to start a new one.

How do I go about doing a FOIA request for a police report?

dashowdy

Well met up with my parents earlier Sunday to go to IHop and did not oc because I was not sure if it was oc friendly or not but I also had not told my parents I had bought a pistol. Well we get an invite to bring my daughter over later so grandma can make halloween cookies so I figured this would be a good oppurtunity to oc. Get in mom never says a word, dad asks me about it and if I had my permit, I tell him no.

This of course leads me to my oc experiences so far, he thought it was unbelievable that I carried in walmart without being stopped and hassled. I also explained to him about the laws and oc and was actually cool with it. So this whole thing gave me to alot more confidence than walking through any store. Best oc yet and I did not even go anywhere public.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Well met up with my parents earlier Sunday to go to IHop and did not oc because I was not sure if it was oc friendly or not but I also had not told my parents I had bought a pistol. Well we get an invite to bring my daughter over later so grandma can make halloween cookies so I figured this would be a good oppurtunity to oc. Get in mom never says a word, dad asks me about it and if I had my permit, I tell him no.

This of course leads me to my oc experiences so far, he thought it was unbelievable that I carried in walmart without being stopped and hassled. I also explained to him about the laws and oc and was actually cool with it. So this whole thing gave me to alot more confidence than walking through any store. Best oc yet and I did not even go anywhere public.

Good to hear. It's always sad when liberty-hating political agendas are so powerful that they divide families.

Last edited:

dashowdy

No my parents are not very liberal both were raised in households where guns are the norm. They understand I am a grown man and have to make my own decision, While we were baking cookies my dad asked me with my daughter standing next to me why I carry, I just said there is all 3ft. of reason I need right there, with cookie and icing and a big smile on her face. End of that conversation and on to the actual gun he went all through it and showed him how it came apart, he is not familiar with glocks.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
No my parents are not very liberal both were raised in households where guns are the norm. They understand I am a grown man and have to make my own decision, While we were baking cookies my dad asked me with my daughter standing next to me why I carry, I just said there is all 3ft. of reason I need right there, with cookie and icing and a big smile on her face. End of that conversation and on to the actual gun he went all through it and showed him how it came apart, he is not familiar with glocks.

By his student he was taught - nice family interaction.

Chris Hamby

Going Tuesday to get my PPP. I called today just to make sure there would be no problems due to my age (20) A buddy of mine is selling his like new Gen 3 Glock 22 .40 cal. for $500.00. It comes with three 15 rnd magazines,night sights, and extended slide release. He only put 30 rounds through it within the two months hes had it and he wants a compact (G23) so I told him I'd take it. Anyone have any suggestions for a good O.C holster for the G22?

Large Caliber Kick

Mooresville, North Carolina, United States
Going Tuesday to get my PPP. I called today just to make sure there would be no problems due to my age (20) A buddy of mine is selling his like new Gen 3 Glock 22 .40 cal. for $500.00. It comes with three 15 rnd magazines,night sights, and extended slide release. He only put 30 rounds through it within the two months hes had it and he wants a compact (G23) so I told him I'd take it. Anyone have any suggestions for a good O.C holster for the G22?

Blackhawk serpa

http://www.blackhawk.com/catalog/Holsters,16.htm

or
Fobus

http://www.fobusholster.com/

aosailor

I use a lvl 2 serpa holster from blackhawk. I use the paddle attachment, easy on and off more secure and comfortable. Absolutely love it and would recommend it to anyone!

Chris Hamby

Thanks for the quick responce guys. I did a little research and the Blackhawk seems to be what I'm looking for. Looks like the SR9c is just going to be my bedside. no real use for it but that due to the fact that I plan on getting the 9mm Lone Wolf conversion barrel for the G22. Those 33 round magazines should be fun.:lol:

REDFIVE48

I have a Gen 1 G23 that has served me well for 17 years. It's in great shape if your buddy wants to buy it. 13 rnd and 10 rnd mags, even have several holsters (Fobus and Glock belt holster) to go with it. Love my gun, but want a different one (bigger) now that I OC more than I CC.